224477: CentoIII "review"...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
DAYWALKER

224477: CentoIII "review"...

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha 224477!

Well, here's a fast one for ya. Cento III...took it out of Gawk Box, and then grabbed a MD can, filled it with H20, and in one swipe...well, here are the results. The can was cut in half in one stroke. I did NOT cut it partially and then "saw" the rest of it. One slash, that was it & That my friend is good enough for me!!!LOL!

I apologize for such a shorty "review", but I have been up for more than 24hrs, worked 16+ in ****, had to see the tax guy, daughter wanted to play, *sigh*...I will do a real one later!

I like this underestimated Cento III...I just wish it had MORE kick to safely close one handed. I mean, ya really gotta choke up on the handle to one hand it closed...I do however happen to like the FINE texturing behind the Hole...BTW, notice how my lockbar is sticking up over the scales???

Anyway, God bless, and I will be back once i regain absolute consciousness ;)
Attachments
cento3.jpg
cento3.jpg (35.67 KiB) Viewed 1294 times
cento3a.jpg
cento3a.jpg (59.89 KiB) Viewed 1327 times
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)

Post by 224477 »

Thanks brother! Really appreciate your effort to handle my thoughts :) (and slash soda cans :D )
The knife is beautifully deisgned, but probably to weak for me, I our "Espana" school we use more stabbing, less slashing, although the slashing ability is tremendous, as I can see :eek: . For me, no problem with handles, etc. only with the width of blade, if only 2,5mm or better 3mm, then I gonna take it without any doubts. Really thanks again man!
Looking forward to chat with you (mail sent..) :cool:
Sweet dreams :D
JR
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha 224477!

Semi conscious now... :p

God bless, and e'd ya just now. :cool:

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
i.v

Post by i.v »

OMG... that's some serious slicing... could a delica do that? :D
gordonk

Post by gordonk »

I was thinking of getting one on exchange when Knifecenter got my seized ones back. Now I "have" to get one :D

Great photos!!

- gord
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Shaloha i.v!!!

L :D L! Funny you mention that! I was even considering an attempt with my Caly' Jr. as well as my ol' Delica. Just not enough length though :( Take care my friend!

gordonk: LOL! My photos suck...but that CentoIII is a great knife. A bit on the thin side as far as blade thickness goes...but I KNEW this one would manage the 'can slash'. What got me into using cans was the fact that I always see these Guild guys doing it with huge Bowies, so I figured what the heck, try it with a medium sized folder. Also, I remember reading in a Tactical Knives magazine about Ed CHAVAR sending VANCOOK a "Coke can that was cut in half by one of his medium FB's". I tried it back then, and man, it ain't that easy to do!!! :p

God bless you guys :cool:

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Thanks for the review DAYWALKER. You may not think much of the pics but I still enjoy them as they have often in the past helped me understand what you are explaining. I don't have a background for that sort of thing so the pics help.

I still haven't used mine yet as I just haven't gotten past my current EDC choices (I don't know how some of you people with big collections do it as far as choosing :eek: ).
David
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Hey ghostrider!

Mahalo for taking the time to stop and actually read what my threads are about! :D Yeah, the pics help even myself when I can't find the words to explain something!

I do not have big collection at all...I just so happen to have had this CentoIII model, and 224477 had asked something about it, and well...that's what started this! Not really a review, but I just knew that MD Can didn't stand a chance!!! LOL!

God bless :cool:

PS: Have you seen the "Clone Wars" Cartoon DVD yet? :p

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

DAYWALKER wrote:
PS: Have you seen the "Clone Wars" Cartoon DVD yet? :p
Didn't know there was one. I'll have to look for it.
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:

i.v

Post by i.v »

daywalker, how about making a proof dvd for :spyder: :rolleyes: :D

Post by 224477 »

i.v wrote:daywalker, how about making a proof dvd for :spyder: :rolleyes: :D
yes we want to see more PROOFs :D
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha i.v and 224477!!!

Ahhhh, I think the fact that we are ALL here is "PROOF" enough! However... ;)

GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

I traded mine away only b/c I didn't like the bug on the handle...
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

GarageBoy wrote:I traded mine away only b/c I didn't like the bug on the handle...
One man's trash is another man's treasure. :D

That was one of my deciding factors.
[INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:

DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha ghostrider!

A deciding factor to get it or not? I like the bug inlay...it's...well, different than all the other FRN stuff I got.

God bless ;)

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

[quote="DAYWALKER"]Aloha ghostrider!

A deciding factor to get it or not? I like the bug inlay...it's...well, different than all the other FRN stuff I got.

God bless ]
My sentiments exactly. :D
[INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:

DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

;)

Is yours a user or a collector piece? I was amazed in that in the April issue of Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement, on page 35, there is a PE CentoIII alongside a Para Ordnance 1911!!! That says something for sure...

God bless bro :cool:

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Didn't see the article, I'll have to look for it.

As far as user/collector: I initially bought it for use as a gents knife for when I'm circling polite society. However since buying two Calypso Jr.'s I've pretty much resigned to carrying that model because IMO the diminutive size and "non-black" handle make it more sheeple friendly. Because of this the only action the Centofante III has seen has been a swap of the clip for tip-up carry and the occasoinal knifesturbation. :D
[INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:

DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Yeah!!! Another "tip upper" :D OBTW, the CentoIII in that photo (which I would print, but then I do not wanna be a hypocrite) among other LEO fodder was the caption: "Tools of the trade".

Also featured in another article was a picture of the :spyder: Para-Military. THAT one I expected to see though...

Maybe the writer saw my soda can?! LOL! Kidding...gee ghostrider...Star Wars, Cento's, Tip up, The Lord...hmmmmmmmm...so far so good brother...so far so good! ;)

Fisher of Men

Post by Fisher of Men »

Well......I'm actually trading my BM 880BT for a Centofante III as I type this. Thanks for the Review Daywalker. I just want to get rid of my BM for 2 reasons. It's too big, and is has a liner lock.

I'll let you know more when I have it in hand :)

Cheers,
Fisher of Men
Colossians 3:1-17 - rules to live by.