Carry laws San Francisco

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Rusty Blade

Carry laws San Francisco

Post by Rusty Blade »

I'm heading to S.F. next month on bus. What are the carry laws? Blade length,type folding, single hand opening ( spydi). :spyder:
LONE WOLF

Post by LONE WOLF »

I would guess not good. SF is where the liberals radiate from. Plus, I have heard they banned all guns within city limits. I would make sure you keep it concealed, as pocket clips would atract to much attention.

Mr.WOLF
argyll

Post by argyll »

From the San Francisco Municipal Code

SEC. 1291. PROHIBITING LOITERING WHILE CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPONS.
(a) As used in this Section, but in no wise limited thereto, “dangerous or deadly weapon” shall mean: any knife with a blade three inches or more in length; any spring-blade, switch-blade, or snap-blade or other similar type knife; any knife any blade of which is automatically released by a spring mechanism or other mechanical device; any ice pick, or similar sharp, stabbing tool; any straight edge razor or any razor blade fitted to a handle; any cutting, stabbing, bludgeoning weapon or device capable of inflicting grievous bodily harm.

(b) It shall be unlawful for any person, while carrying concealed upon his person any dangerous or deadly weapon, to loaf or loiter upon any public street, sidewalk, or alley, or to wander about from place to place, with no lawful business thereby to perform, or to hide, lurk, loiter upon or about the premises of another.

(c) It shall be unlawful for any person who has concealed upon his person or who has in his immediate physical possession any dangerous or deadly weapon to engage in any fight or to participate in any other rough or disorderly conduct upon any public place or way or upon the premises of another.

(d) It shall be unlawful for any person who has concealed upon his person any dangerous or deadly weapon to loiter about any place where intoxicating liquors are sold or any other place of public resort.

(e) The foregoing restrictions shall not be deemed to prohibit the carrying of ordinary tools or equipment carried in good faith for uses of honest work, trade or business or for the purpose of legitimate recreation. (Amended by Ord. 9939, Series of 1939, App. 10/17/56)
Don't ask me to interpret it for you, your guess will be as good as mine. Carry a small folder, don't get into trouble, and you should be fine.

Best regards,

Argyll
Qui non est hodie cras minus aptus erit -- Ovid (He who is not prepared today will be less so tomorrow)
Rusty Blade

Post by Rusty Blade »

Argyll
Thanks for your help. I guess my SS PE Delica fits the bill at 2" 15/16th :spyder: