Ouch

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
J Smith

Ouch

Post by J Smith »

Well it goes into flesh very well.I had just got to work and we had gotton in a new dock plate.We were trying to get it moved and it turned up on its side while trying to move it.So my boss asked me to cut some parts off it that were tie strapped in under it before we turned it back upright.On the last tie strap the PTs plade slipped off and stabbed about 2 in into my leg.The way it was bleeding I thought it sliced through a vein.The front of my leg and top of foot are numb,the doc said it cut some nerves leeding down to my foot and the feeling should come back in a few weeks. I just got back from the hospital after getting stiches.

Got the night off work but lost my safty bonus for this year.

I just got the PT today and this was the first job I was useing it on.I was thinking about getting an SNG or SMF,right now I am glad it was the PT.

Still love the Strider PT.

I will post a pic of the wound when I change the bandage.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Youch! I must say, you've pretty well outdone me in damaging yourself. Though that could change any time. :)
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
i.v

Post by i.v »

ouch :eek: .. i feel you pain..
Rob

Post by Rob »

:eek: Ouch!

Sorry to hear you're injured, Jeff :( Heal well!

Cheers, Rob
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

That'll teach you for foolin' around with other makers :D

Hope you have a quick recovery!!

David

p.s. that's OK - I can do without the wound pic :eek:
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

Heal quick.
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman
Jimmy_Dean

Post by Jimmy_Dean »

sorry about the injury
post gory pics when you can :)

-Dean
skcusloa

Post by skcusloa »

cut away from the body, AWAY FROM THE BODY!

I've cut myself too... just not as bad. We all do it, because we play with our knives/use them so much.
Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray »

OUCH ..... :eek:

I haven't cut myself for awhile, but you just never forget that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach when you know ... you've just gotten a really bad cut. Sorry it happened Jeff.

I suppose this is the Strider you mentioned the other day, so if there's now bad karma with this particular Strider you just let me know and I'll be glad to swap the BF Native for it ... grinning ... :D I'm such a generous guy ... grinning... :D

All kidding aside ... heal fast!
Steve
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

nerves grow back with a speed of 1mm a week, so you are quit lucky the knife was so sharp. Although deep, it is still beter then a rough uneven cut half the depth.

If u need to get cut, better to do it with a "scary" sharp one! ;)

heal well!
Never turn your back to a chicken
CKE

Post by CKE »

Sorry to hear the PT bit you. You had better send it to me so my AR will have company. I think you should stick to Spydies...Striders have proven too dangerous for you :D
I have heard that when you cut a nerve that they have to operate to attach them again or they will grow and possibly not join again. Did the Dr's say anything about that??? My coworker cut his finger bad when cleaning out his lathe pan and had to have a small surgery to re connect the nerves in his finger. Take Care and heal fast!!!!!
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
fret

Post by fret »

Sorry to hear that Jeff. I cut my left index finger with a butcher knife and got stitches but the feeling never came back in it. Just about ended my guitar playing days. :(
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

Sorry to hear about your accident. But thanks for posting it -- a reminder to me to pay attention when using my "sharp" tools. Take care.
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
argyll

Post by argyll »

Sorry to hear of your injury. I needed to have a surgeon re-connect the nerve in my palm when I severed it, otherwise I would have lost partial sensation in my finger. If you are concerned about permanent loss of feeling you might want to get another opinion about whether it will heal on its own, as there is window of time in which the surgery must be done.

Best regards,

Argyll
Qui non est hodie cras minus aptus erit -- Ovid (He who is not prepared today will be less so tomorrow)
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

Hers a pic of the damage.
Had the stiches out today.Still no feeling from the top of my foot up to the cut.Going to make a nice scar.There goes any hopes I have of being a leg model. :p
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
denn

Post by denn »

nice stitches. hope for you the nerves will heal after all. they are fragile, important and the last thing you'd want to damage in case of an accidental injury. if they don't heal, prepare for permanent numbness and perhaps tingling.

i've had my share of cuts and stabs myself too, luckily no nerves damaged yet (i think). somehow i never seem to learn much from the cuts, well, maybe just a little....

keep a stiff upper lip

denn
Scotch

Post by Scotch »

I stabbed myself with a SAK when I was 8. I never wnet to the doctor or anything. JUst let it heal. I knew my aunt would take the knife away as I had just gotten it when we were going camping. It didnt really hurt, but the alcohol did afterwords.
i.v

Post by i.v »

looks like a nasty wound, i wish you a quick & full recovery.

i hear ya on the alcohol Scotch, hurts so much more than the injury :D
Moon

Post by Moon »

Ouch is right!

Hope yu make a quick and full recovery.