ugh, burned coffee

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
vampyrewolf

ugh, burned coffee

Post by vampyrewolf »

just had to toss a fresh pot on, the other one I forgot to turn off when I went for physio... I swear, they need to set pots to quit running after 20min instead of 2hrs.

Guess I have to do more experimenting with the bodum, might have it down by the time the burr mill gets here. Gotta love caffine headaches.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
travis quaas

Post by travis quaas »

VW,

I know what you mean. But, I believe Java is currently working on a prototype on a remote controlled coffee maker. It will have the following:

1) From your Cell Phone you will be able to turn off and on.

2) Signal from Coffee Maker will alert you on your cell phone or e-mail that it has been left on.

3) Rotating cartridges filled with numerous types of coffee beans. Again, call from Cell Phone to decide which.

4) Coffee Maker will be able to detect coffee in pot that is anything older than 1 hour and automatically flush the stale brew.

5) It will have a "sultry" voice to greet you in the morning. Or it will be pre-loaded with Java's voice. Which ever you prefer.

6) Coffee Maker will also call Juan Valdez when running low on aforementioned beans.

7) Grinder will be made of Spyderco Blades. This way you can set it for "Ultra Fine Grind".

8) It will slap you if you even think about having apple or orange juice instead.

9) It will have a clock on it...hehehe

10) It will be made of all chrome.

I know there is more...but, I have promised to keep the list short. Java thank you ahead of time for this wonderful invention (necessity really had its part in this one).
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

only costs a cool grand eh?
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
silverback

Post by silverback »

I suggest decorating it with one of those eagle sculptures like the big professional italian espresso monsters have.
How about doing brass and gold leaf finishes, too?
And it must have giant analog dials for water temp and steam pressure. :)
Few people think more than two or three times a year; I have made an international reputation for myself by thinking once or twice a week. -George Bernard Shaw

Go is a pursuit of such value that one can devote a lifetime to it and have nothing to regret. Why not, then, challenge the limit of your powers. -Toshiro Kageyama 7-Dan
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

silverback wrote:How about doing brass and gold leaf finishes, too?
I dunno, I'd almost prefer "tactical black" or "camo" and I hate both of 'em. :p
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Shiden

Post by Shiden »

I don't drink coffee, but I love the smell of freshly made coffee.

Shiden
fret

Post by fret »

VW if you put your edc Spydie and car keys next to the coffee maker you might remember to turn it off before you leave? I've done similar things and it works for me.
Joe Talmadge

Post by Joe Talmadge »

Tsk tsk! I just switched to a coffee maker that uses a thermal carafe, instead of the glass-carafe-with-burner. Burnt coffee problems gone. I can let the coffee sit in the thermal carafe for a couple of hours, and it'll still come out hot and tasting good.

Joe