Stranger + me w/o a Spyder?!!!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
DAYWALKER

Stranger + me w/o a Spyder?!!!

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha ALL!

So I am doing some stuff in the shed toward the late afternoon, and it was getting kinda dark already. My daughter comes running up and whispers "loudly", "Dad! There's a man in our yard!" "Wha? That's CRAZY!" i thought to myself. Sure enough as I turn the corner of the shed, there he was.

Dude was a TALL guy, about 6'4, very wirey build, nicely dressed, and he was staring in my forest area. He looks over his shoulder and says, "Hi!" and turns away again, staring into my forest area. After he said this he put his hand in his pocket. Who was this guy and what the **** is he doing in my yard? A hitman? :eek: Lost tourist? :rolleyes: A vampire ready to take out the Daywalker? (No offense Pat! :D ) A dude tripping on Crystal Meth? :mad: Or some poor guy who listened to too much De La Soul in his lifetime? :D I told my daughter to go in the house...then I did the same as he did...reached down, felt for my clip then I realized... UGH!!!! I had NO Delica in my right front BDU pocket! I wanted to see how the TOPS Chico felt, clipped to my belt loop via carabiner, knife and sheath in pocket. For those of you not familiar with this knife, let's just say that it is even too small for Tatoo's hands from fantasy Island!!! LOL!

I started my approach anyway...I do not under estimate NO ONE! I have seen muscle bound inmates get their @$$e$ KICKED by some very unlikely "fighters"...but what the heck, this guy is in my yard, i AM gonna take him!!! (I know, I Know, call 911 and observe...) About 10ft away, I was like, "What are..." than he turns around rather fast, and pulls out his hand from his pocket. What does he present? A card...a **** business card? (Good thing it wasn't a :spyder: card! But then again, too bad it wasn't, we coulda ended the whole possible confrontation doing a trade or something! LOL!)

Apparently, the lot next door to me is being sold, and he was a realtor wondering where my property marker ended in the forest! Maybe a lil' paranoid i was, but in my job, I have really learned one thing: DO NOT under estimate anyone, nor assume compliance! I have seen a nice friendly smile be a front for a quick "chin check"!!! Oh well, least he wasn't a vampire! LOL! No, cancel that, when I was looking to buy a home, some of these realtor's ARE vampires! :D

Anyway, i just felt weird not feeling the presence of my Delica clip in my pocket, and knowing all I had was this lil' TOPS Chico didn't help one bit! If push came to shove, i think I would not have drawn the Chico because then i'd not only have to worry about defending myself against this tall guy, but i'd also be worrying about my fingers getting cut off from this lil' very non-ergonomic knife!

I thought it was kinda funny later :D . God bless!
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

DAYWALKER wrote:Oh well, least he wasn't a vampire! LOL! No, cancel that, when I was looking to buy a home, some of these realtor's ARE vampires! :D
Did I ever tell you what my last job before I went to work for the state was? :eek: Glad everything turned out ok, you were right to keep your guard up, but deserve 5 lashes with a dead tako for not having your Delica on you. :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

LOL!

Yeah, okay...but ya weren't a *gulp* vampire realtor were you? :D I didn't know that bro...I just thought ya went state hopping making like you were a cop to get good deals on :spyder: Civilians in PE! KIDDING!!! NOW I deserve to get lashed by a LIVE tako! :D :D :D

Yup, just was NOT right on three counts. One: Not having my Delica on me. Two: This TALL neatly dressed fellow in my yard who appeared to be tripping out on my forest. Three: Trading for this TOPS Chico!!! Okay, I think NOW I really deserve to be whipped by some tako's!!! (My apologies again bro! :o )

Goodnight and God bless ya! ;)

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
JD Spydo

Hardware!!!

Post by JD Spydo »

Now "Daywalker" let's talk about that Spyderhawk again. Now wouldn't you have felt a whoooole!! lot better had you would had a good Ol' Spyderhawk in your pocket at that given moment. I am not knocking the Delica. It is a classic, no doubt. But you can't have too much HARDWARE in this day and age. And give your kids Ladybugs to start out with. :) :spyder: :)
dialex

Post by dialex »

Nice story. And you guys were loughing when I said I'm sleeping with my delica IWB my pyjamas ;) You'd better get that TRiP finished instead of tinkering around with all sort of junks. ;) It's a good thing you weren't in real danger. If could have been a real hitman or a vampyre... or even worse - a lawyer :eek:
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

multitool(works as fist load if SHTF), flashlight, fixedblade(fb01 moran in normark rig) and endura(frn/se/ats-55 in Vess sheath) live on my belt...
ss pe 'fly lives on my neck(even when I was working out yesterday)...

just try and find me without a knife.

learn your lesson?
:D
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Hey Guys!!!

LoL...Yes JD Spydo...I'd have felt a whole lot better had there been, well, ANY :spyder: in pocket or on belt at the time! As for starting out the kid, she has a droned Delica to LEARN with. ;)

Alexandru the Great! Hey, I ususally either have a Delica or Native IWB OR Pocket when going to bed...G17 in Fobus Roto-Holster and Scorpion close by also. :D Ahhhhh, as for my TRiP, I will e ya about that one...but yipes, a lawyer? Eek!

Pat, yup lesson learned indeed. I gotta e ya something later bro.

God bless you guys!!!

MokoShang

Nice

Post by MokoShang »

First thing people tell me, "knife guy without his knife", I know that crappy feeling when you think you might need it and its not there. :rolleyes:
"Born to Paddle" :cool:
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Chad, glad everything turned out okay.
Believe me, I know all too well the "paranoia" that you feel. But remember this: just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that someone ISN'T out to get ya!
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

It would have been kinda cool when he pulls out his business card, that you would pull out a spydercard, "thank you here's mine", see if he still wants to talk business :p

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
king-of-mars

Post by king-of-mars »

His name wasn't Barnabus was it? LOL! ;)

Too bad you didn't have the Vaquero on ya! :eek:
You're either on my side or in my way!
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

LOL! 'sup KOM!!!

No kidding...if i was toting my Vaquero Grande, i coulda just opened it and tapped him on the shoulder with it from 10ft away! :D :D :D

God bless!