Please pray for my Spyderco proto!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
DAYWALKER

Please pray for my Spyderco proto!

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha ALL!

Well, my :spyder: designed proto made it to it's first show recently thanks to Sal and Mr. JHONES! I believe it has to "prove itself" at a few more shows before a decision is made as to whether or not it hits production. I was excited to know that my proto was sharing a spot with Dialex's!!! Yeah! ;)

At first, i thought it might be a bit "early" to ask for those with a relationship with Christ for prayer on the production of my :spyder: prototype, but I was wrong. I ask that you please pray for my proto NOW. I mean, ya don't put on your seatbelt right before you crash right? HOPEFULLY, you put it on before you start driving. Same thing with my proto...it made it's first show. It's "drive" has begun.

My friend's make comments about "fame and fortune" if my :spyder: design makes it into production. Did I design it for these reasons? Nope. i know that some money and some recognition will have to come should it reach production. Did I do it in the hopes of recognition? Nope again. I did it to get back at Onion! :D KIDDING!!! I love this industry and had a concept that I thought would work well in Sal's line. Period. I don't know how Alexandru The Great does it, but it ain't easy designing around that Trademark Roundhole!!! :p

Anyway, maybe I have posted this due to pulling quite a few 16hr. shifts due to "shortage of staff" lately, so i may just be talking gibberish. LOL! I jumped the gun awhile back regarding my proto, and I apologize again for that one Sal, but this time though, it's different...my concept was tangible! It was "there"! It's drive has begun, and that's a start, but it's destination is unknown. So please, drop a few kind words for my :spyder: proto when you're praying, and I thank you in advance for doing so...in the book of Matthew it states, "Where two or more are gathered in My Name, there I am in the midst of them." Mahalo for your time, and as always:

God bless! ;)
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Simon G

Post by Simon G »

Prayers offered for your success brother.

The skill of your hands and the intentions of your heart, it will work.
Once it has reached fruition, just remember us little folk!! :D

God bless,

Simon.
"From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered; we happy few; we band of brothers...for he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Henry V

"......and he that has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36
dialex

Good luck bro

Post by dialex »

Good luck Chad, prayers sent (as always) :) . Designing a knife (and especially a folder) is not an easy task, no matter how simple that knife may seem (in fact, I discovered that the more simple you try to make it, the harder it becomes, at least for me) ;) Can you believe that some of my knifes needed moths of continuous refinements till I had a satisfactory result? And they say "ah, just a folder, what's all that fuzz?" :o
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Mancer

Post by Mancer »

Hey hey bro, Ill hold both thumbs for ya, but sure it wont be needed, you got an awsome looking design there.

God speed

Sheldon
It's Time To Kick @$$ 'N Chew Bubble Gum
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

:D Ahhhh, Simon G, Alexandru The Great, and mancer...

Mahalo much my friends...that makes more than "two", so i think it'll be a done deal! ;)

Simon..I look forward to hearing from you my brother! Stay safe and enjoy your weekend! ;)

Alex...you're right. the simpler, the harder! Kinda like drawing Anime. Basic lines, angles and shading...it's SO simple that it's hard to draw! LOL! :rolleyes: ;)

Mancer...my crazy "Utahian"! LOL! How do ya like it so far? Any Neosteads about the shops there? ;) Thanks bro!

Ugh...just nervous I suppose, but thanks guys for helping with the "ride of my :spyder: design"!

God bless you dudes! ;) ;) ;)

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
UK KEN

Have Faith

Post by UK KEN »

Chad

With your knowledge of knives and the applications to which they can be put, though I haven't seen your design I'm certain that it will be a winner. As Alex says, it is never easy to design something new in the knife world. Competition is fierce, so to have got this far is a reflection of your knowledge, skill and Faith. :)

I hope that it goes all the way to production and eventually I have an example in my collection.

Regards, Ken :D
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Mahalo Bargain...er, UK KEN!

All I can say to what you have written is thank you. If not for God, then for Sal and his R&D crew's open mindedness, I would not have gotten this far...you are right in that!

LOL! I wish I could've seen Sal's face when my materials came in for review..."Who is this guy and where the heck is Hilo?!" :D Nah, i know Sal knows where Hilo is. Ironstone shoulda been here, not in Kona! ;)

Anyway Ken, again...Mahalo bro, and God bless!

The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Been doing just that since I first caught wind of your project bro, not about to stop now. :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Hey Paul!!!

Man, am I up late or are you up early? :D I know my friend, ya been there from the start actually...thanks for coming along on this "journey" of mine!

God bless ya buddy! ;)

SURLY

Good Luck

Post by SURLY »

ALOHA BRUH,
Prayers for you and your proto's journey...Happy :spyder: Holidays
:spyder: "Always a Cricket"
jbake

Post by jbake »

Chad,

Consider them sent!

BTW, I haven't had much time to reply, but that stuff you sent me in the last email was very impressive - as always!

-jb
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

prayers sent.. Take care dude! ;)

Sam
ceya

Post by ceya »

You know DW , I am in full support and i know it will make it. We have too much talent here on this forum.

S/F,
CEYA!
DAYWALKER

Slowly, the "family" shows up!

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha all!

Thank you guys, really. I KNOW the power of prayer...I experience it everyday...So mahalo!

SURLY: Ho brah??? How have YOU been? LONG time no "see"! Man, God bless you and yours, and throw me an e sometimes okay?

jbake: ya butthead!!! :D Was starting to worry about ya man! Thanks for the slick feedback. Hey, e me when ya can!

SAMO-san: Arigato buddy! Shinpai shinai desu...watakushi no wasurenai! Mahalo bro!

Ceya:...ya got yer Testers right? Kinda wondering...LOL! Thanks for the props buddy...but I take a backseat to you and Alex!

All you guys, mahalo and stay safe n' sound...God bless! ;)

king-of-mars

You thought I'd forget about you?

Post by king-of-mars »

Hey brother, you know of all people I'll be praying for you! :D

We're going to dice us some Onions with the PMK soon, right! :eek: LOL!

It all starts now my friend, so hold on tight!
You're either on my side or in my way!
loki88

Post by loki88 »

any drawings of the design? or pictures?
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

SuuuuuuuP KOM?! I KNOW bro, I KNOW!!! Nah, not onions...they stink! :D Thank you brother for being you.

Loki88: Hey man! Why, does it matter what it looks like before I receive any well wishes from ya?! LOL! Kidding! No, no pics or drawings...can't disrespect Sal like that by blowing the "surprise". Who knows who may be roaming about this forum that I call home? If they saw my design, they may make a copy of it, take the first flight out to Taiwan, use a stud instead of the hole, and Sal and I would be raising our eyebrows when we see it being sold by cheaperthandirt.com in their "3 for 15$" section! LOL! Oddly enough, should my design make production, this is likely to happen anyway. I HAVE seen a SS Delica copy with a *gulp*...thumbstud!

God bless!

sven

Post by sven »

daywalker

prayers sent bro, i hope and pray that your knife makes it to production and stays there for a long time.

in Him
sven
steel is unforgiving... sharp steel even more so
i.v

Post by i.v »

crossing my fingers for ya :D
loki88

Post by loki88 »

Of course u got MY prayers, i really hope u will get discusting rich out of it, and buy us every :spyder: we want for the rest of our lives, just by a the small percentage of the extras u receive from the merchandising of people wearing "THE KNIFE OF THE MILLENIUM" on TV ad nausea. NO i just want to know how much of my budget i would have to set aside to buy one STUPID! :D tjeeesh :rolleyes: