3 days......

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
sven

3 days......

Post by sven »

yup, as of december 13 i will be 21 years of age. yaaay for being able to buy alkehol and handguns..... maybe not in that order or together though :D :D just thought i'd give you guys a heads up...

sven
steel is unforgiving... sharp steel even more so
Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray »

Back in the "post" Vietnam days when I turned 18 the government had decided that if you could die for your country at 18..., you could buy alcohol at 18. At this point, have all the states set the minimum age at 21?
Steve
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Sven, my bedroom slippers, which are three years older than you, join me in wishing you a Happy Birthday. :p

SR - in the "pre" Vietnam days of my youth, one could drink and die for ones country at 18 but had to wait till 21 to have any say in who got the priviledge of sending you off to do the latter. IIRC the voting age got lowered before the drinking age got raised, so at least one can argue that at least the first few affected by that change had a say in it. Not sure if things are better or worse now, but they certainly are different. Lost five from my HS class to three separate alky related accidents within a year of graduation. Sad to say, it seems to be as bad or worse now, think cops and EMTs dread prom night as much as ever, despite the fact it's now illegal, but who can say if it would be even worse if things were still the old way.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
JD Spydo

Happy Birthday

Post by JD Spydo »

Happy Birthday "sven". I am December 16th myself. Nice being a Sagitarius isn't it? I wonder what that means in knife terms? Maybe that is why I like hooked/hawkbill blades so much; you think? :D
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

have a beer for your bday... you just gotta find it...

:eek:
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Joyce Laituri

Post by Joyce Laituri »

What a sad, sad photo of incredible carnage. Sniff...tissue please.

Sven, Happy Birthday.

Joyce @ Spyderco
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Happy Birthday, Sven!

I'm going to Margaritaville tonight for a short while. Just remeber, if you drink, make CERTAIN that you don't get behind the wheel!

My high school class (back when the earth was cooling and the dinosaurs were dying out) lost a number of students to drunk drivers, just like The Deacon's.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
sven

Post by sven »

thanks for all the warm wishes guys. vw, that's just cruel man, i didn't think that you were allowed to post that much gore and carnage on a family forum...... and everyone need not worry about me drinking and driving, if i go out there will be a designated driver. thanks again all.

sven
Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray »

VW ....,

That picture is enough to make a grown man cry .... :eek:
Steve
sven

Post by sven »

WOOT!

sven
i.v

Post by i.v »

happy birthday!
here it's legal to drink at 18...
i'll be 22 in a few months so you can drink with me! :D
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Vampyrewolf, that pic really breaks my heart..that's Dutch Grolsch beer!!!! Now I appreciate Molson just as much as the next Canadian, but there's no need to waste good Grolsch!

BTW over here, the legal age for drinking beer is 16. And no... we don't have too many teenage alcoholics, on the contrary.

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
UK KEN

Survivors!

Post by UK KEN »

Joyce Laituri wrote:What a sad, sad photo of incredible carnage. Sniff...tissue please.

Sven, Happy Birthday.

Joyce @ Spyderco
Joyce!

All is not lost! I have had a close look with my magnifying glass and there are at least 39 survivors that I can see, hopefully more that I can't :D

Ken :D
silverback

Post by silverback »

Happy birthday and stay safe!
Few people think more than two or three times a year; I have made an international reputation for myself by thinking once or twice a week. -George Bernard Shaw

Go is a pursuit of such value that one can devote a lifetime to it and have nothing to regret. Why not, then, challenge the limit of your powers. -Toshiro Kageyama 7-Dan
sven

Post by sven »

well, i write to you now in a state of.... well, i guess you could say altered being. yeah, i guess i'm kinda drunk. but i'm in the comfort of my own home. and will be going to bed shortly. first beer legally consumed was a steel reserve 211. 24 ounce can. first hard acohol purchase was a 375 ml bottle of jack daniels. i drank the beer and have drank some of the wiskey. good times. thanks to all that have wished me a happy 21st. . i'm off to bed now. :D :D :D :D

sventhedrunkenknifenut
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha sven!

Happy Belated Bday!!!
Do go "easy easy" and God bless! ;)
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
sven

Post by sven »

daywalker, thanks for the happy birthday, and don't worry, i'll be good :D

sven
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha sven!

Kinda hard NOT to worry when you be talking guns and beer! :eek: LOL! Hope it was a good one!!!

God bless!
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)