2 +1 from Ceya Knives!!!!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
DAYWALKER

2 +1 from Ceya Knives!!!!

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha ALL!

I will elaborate further on these two knives I just received the other day from Ceya, but I needed some info on them before I post a review of these two FINE FB's!!!

But for those of you who have been forunate enough to test, or at least see Ceya's knives...WHY are these not mass produced yet!? (That's YOUR cue Ceya!) :confused:

OBTW, mahalo for the awesome T Ceya, God bless ya man!
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray »

DW ... Now are you just gonna tempt us like that without showing us a picture ? :cool: Come on man .... just a picture or two ... :D
Steve
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Daywalker. Enjoy your new blades :) What models did he sent? (I know most of his knives, that's why I'm asking)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
ceya

Post by ceya »

He is testing the Ceya's Recurve and the Ceya's Trident(mini) Black blade
PICS SUCK A LITTLE.

Ceya's Mini Trident
3" Blade ATS 34
4" Handle G10 Black and Tan
1/8 thick ,Double Edge
Maker DMKnives
Designer Ceya Knife Designz

Ceya's Recurve
3" Blade
4 1/2 " Handle , Black and Tan G10
1/8" thickness
satin finished
maker DMKnives
designer Ceya Knife DEsignZ

SPECS ARE OFF ALITTLE dAYwALKER CAN REDO THE SPEC CAN AND POST THE CORRECT ONES.

S/F,
CEYA!
Ceya Knife Designz
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

Nice! :D :cool: :D

Sam
Ted

Post by Ted »

Looking good! Nice grind on the blade and polish on the handles!

Ted
dialex

Post by dialex »

David (Mosier) makes great knives, I had the chance of checking this myself. :D
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha ALL!

I am off for the next two days...the weather here is very rainy and cold...sometimes very humid during the day. What great "test weather"! LOL!

I will be live testing the Recurve...maybe just a little test on the Trident mini in black...I'd HATE to scratch the coat on this one!

Review to follow...

God bless guys!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
DOD-Gixxer

Post by DOD-Gixxer »

Ca'mon Haaaaawian! It's not that cold, only in the morning :p
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha brah!

DODGixxer...whereabout are ya located in the Islands? The mornings are cold, but where I live in Hilo...****! LOL!

When I used to live on Oahu, hey, no problem sleeping w/o shirt...Here on the Big Isle though...I feel like such a wuss now! LOL! Like I said earlier, all rain lately...COLD rain! :o

Go easy brahdah...mahalo and God bless!

Simon G

Post by Simon G »

Greetings brother!

COLD, COLD!!! RAINY, RAINEY!!! We haven't seen the sun in the UK for 29 years!! ;)

God bless,

Simon.
"From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered; we happy few; we band of brothers...for he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Henry V

"......and he that has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I dunno Chad, thinking of putting the worlds smallest crying towel in the mail to you :rolleyes:

From the weather channel:

Your town: Today's Low 71 - Current 70 - Today's High 80 - Showers

My town: Today's Low 41 - Current 39 - Today's High 50 - Rain
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Okay, okay...I consider myself put in check Paul! ;) Cripes!

BTW, Simon G...my UK brother...are you serious!?! :confused:

Review is coming soon...well, at least on the Ceya Recurve...

God bless my :spyder: family!

DOD-Gixxer

Post by DOD-Gixxer »

I'm on Oahu. Ya, on the big island it gets really cold, my grandma lives in Pahoa. Last time I was there, I slept with long pants and jacket, in a sleeping bag. :D I got to get back there, but I'm such a wuss!
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Howzit DOD-Gixxer!
Yeah, I moved from Oahu (Nuuanu) to Hilo in 97. Pahoa side has been REALLY rainy...EVERYWHERE has been rainy...even Kona side!

Hey mahalo brah...I use a sweater with the hood AND socks on some nights up in Kaumana! LOL! :o God bless!

DAYWALKER

Ceya's Recurve TEST!

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha all!

Before I write my review on Ceya’s Recurve, here are some specs:

OAL: 7 11/16
Blade: 3 11/16
Primary cutting edge: 2 15/16
Secondary cutting edge: 1 1/8
Blade thickness: 1/8
Blade width at widest point: 1 3/16
OA Handle thickness: Approx. 9/16
Primary choil: 7/8
Secondary choil: 5/8
Lanyard hole: just shy of ¼

Okay…at approximately 1341hrs. today, I began testing Ceya’s Recurve. The weather was light rain, and very windy. I ain’t gonna talk TOO much about the weather for fear of getting “gas” from The Deacon. LOL! Anyway, I began with a standard arm hair shave. Very good…next I began whittling on various hardwoods like seasoned Guava, Ohia (This is like petrified wood!!!), some Magnolia. Did some simulated skinning on some larger diameter wood…boring. Cut some cardboard, duct tape…*yawn*. Did a free hanging carpet slash a few times…

I then thought, “What the heck am I doing?” This is NOT a utility knife! I looked into my forest which consists of Guava, Magnolia, Ohia, and coffee trees. There is a LOT of Guava growing…too much in fact. So I went into my forest and well…WENT OFF! LOL! Using a foil and saber grip, I began slashing at the guava tree “Sprouts” and they all effortlessly fell. This went well up to an inch in diameter sprouts. I sometimes had to follow with a back cut to sever the branches completely. I did the same on coffee trees…never realized how dense these suckers were. Did a few thrusts into some Ohia trees. Like I said, this particular wood is like rock! I did an arm hair shave test…not shaving sharp any more, felt like “scraping sharp”. The only “bad” thing that happened on the smaller diameter branches, probably less than ¾ inches, was that I hung up the secondary choil once in a while. I don’t blame this on Ceya’s Recurve…I blame this on my lack of accuracy! LOL! I still wonder about this “twin choil look” of Ceya’s knives. BUT, I did find a use for the secondary choil …more on that later.

After “going ballistic” in the forest for a while, I went under the house, grabbed a piece of 2x4 and began thrusting the Recurve into it. I did this progressively harder each time. On the 5th time, I felt my ring and pinky finger slide, and I was holding the Recurve in a reverse grip…yikes! I took a breather, and tried again…this time though, I was prying the knife out side ways. I stopped after the 13th time and examined the tip. No damage whatsoever. I reinforce my knives if possible with my thumb on the butt when I use the reverse grip…the pommel on the Recurve is not “pointy” but IS felt when doing “stabs” in this manner. No biggee…maybe round it out a bit?

Sorry Jsmith, but I then filled some empty Pepsi cans with water and placed them on the backdoor steps. Doing this made them at various heights…OBTW, this Recurve was rigged in a nice Kydex sheath in a canted crossdraw. I drew the Recurve, manipulated it into a reverse grip and proceeded to “attack” the cans with a Hammer/Backfist strike, one of my favorite and fastest reverse grip techniques! I try to NOT have the cans fall when I retract the strike, but man, just hitting the Pepsi “circle” is hard enough! :D Well, some of them did fall, some didn’t. As I examined all the cans, the ones standing were cleanly pierced and “bleeding” water. The ones that fell were “bleeding” also, but they were CUT by the Recurve upon my retraction, :eek: I never hit the buggers cleanly upon entry!!! That was impressive! I repeated this drill with several more cans…then I heard my wife say, “WHAT are you DOING!?” Soda can test completed at that time! LOL! I examined the blade…not a scratch. (BTW, this is a fun drill!) In fact, it’s SO fun, I grabbed a seasoned Magnolia wood “staff” about an inch or so in diameter, leaned it against the shed, and proceeded to do some “shadow strikes” while throwing in that reverse gripped Recurve at it. I noticed that on the times when I missed, I produced a pretty decent cut on retraction again. I did this “accuracy” drill a few more times…noticed that the sharpened swedge also cut upon retraction! Cripes! I then did various slashes, thrusts, back cuts, cross cuts etc. in foil, saber, even “pikal” style on the staff…all went well, and manipulation was great! Even though this Recurve has choils, I could hold it comfortably in the “edge in, edge out” grips! Anyhow, after the stick drill, I did the arm shave again…no more hair falling…I finally dulled it! So into the house I went, grabbed my Spyderco Pro-File set, used only the white sticks…did FOUR swipes, and man, when the hair on my arm saw the Recurve coming, they voluntarily “jumped off my arm!” LOL! I didn’t understand this part…I did ALL of these cut tests to the knife, and it only took FOUR swipes on the white sticks of my Pro-File. Shaving sharp again… :confused:

Oh yeah, before I forget…that “secondary choil” use…I finally received a package from my buddy “VW” in Canada. I held the Recurve in an edge up grip and placed my thumb on the secondary choil to steer this big bellied Ceya knife! (FYI, IF you have ever been fortunate enough to receive a box from VW, he packs with a purpose!!! LOL! What was it, 1/3 of a roll of duct tape? LOL!) Anyways, I found this to be the only use for the secondary choil…please help here Ceya!

I left the tree gunk on it and had to take our cat to the vet. Came home a few hours later and checked for rust. None. I then cleaned this fine fixed blade… ;)
Ceya, IMHO, I liked this Recurve better than the Trident Warrior! The grip on this one fills the hand in all grips. I also liked the canted sheath attachment, and for all the “neckers” out there, I wore the Recurve in necker mode and jumped around to the sounds of NIN…the Recurve stayed put. I also did some empty hand strikes and kicks with the Recurve strapped on my waist. It did not get in the way at all. I rolled around the floor a bit, but I stopped because I didn’t wanna crack the attachment. I could feel the knife when I was rolling about, but in an ACTUAL situation, I do not think it will be noticed or minded! :rolleyes:

Mahalo MUCH Ceya, for allowing me to test your fine knives! :D Hats off to DMKnives also for doing such a great job! ;) Now, to test the Trident Mini…
God bless ya Ceya…Hope Sal reads this!

Ceya :spyder: Collaboration!!!

ceya

Post by ceya »

Daywalker,

Thanks for the test and it seems you are having FUN! Just don't let the wife stop you.LOL...

The purpose of the secondary choil is to prevent your hand from slipping on the blade. If you violently stab in hammer grip or reverse grip your hand will move forward. i had some of my earlier knives tested and this was a small problem. The other reason for utility purpose is that you can really choke up on the blade to get postive grip.

Don't worry about if it cracks GO FOR IT!

S/F,
CEYA!
Ceya Knife Designz :eek:
dialex

Post by dialex »

Thanks for the review, Daywalker. Seing the design and knowing David's manufacturing, I don't think it'll ever crack. It's the kind of knife I'd easily take with me in the wilderness, to trust my life into it (if I may say so) ;)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha ALL!

Well, at approximately 0820hrs. on 11-08-04, I got to test Ceya’s Mini-Trident! This one is run in a Kydex sheath with a SOB carry attachment. Very nice! OBTW, before I forget, here’s the spec’s on the Ceya Mini-Trident:

OAL: 7 11/16
Blade: 3 11/16
Primary cutting edge: 3 1/8
Secondary cutting edge: 2 ¼
Blade thickness: 1/8
Handle thickness: 9/16

Okay, at first I was concerned with scratching the black coat on the Mini, but with Ceya’s permission, I went OFF again! LOL! Although not as ballistic as with Ceya’s Recurve because I still had reservations about scratching this Mini!

Did the normal things at first…cut some cardboard, duct tape, some poly rope, a free hanging carpet slash, whittled on some various seasoned hardwoods…*yawn*. Ceya’s Trident Mini met all of these with ease. Had to get a little creative without scratching the coat, so I got some cardboard boxes, wrapped them around a 2x4, and kept it all together with some carpet wrapped with duct tape. I then screwed one of them “question mark” screws on one end of the “creation” I just made. Using some of that Poly rope, I put it through the end of the screw and hung it over a beam where we hang the laundry…”punching bag style” I guess!

Did some cross cuts and general slashes…man alive! The Mini out cut the Recurve IMHO!!! I attribute this to it having less of a belly, therefore “forcing” the edge to go right through whatever it meets! I made contact with the ply several times. I then did some thrusts and that “backfist strike” I am so fond of…THUNK! There were times when I absolutely BURIED the Mini to it’s primary choil! Awesome performance…Back cuts were very effective also. Clean up wasn’t fun though.

Being in the “zone”, I did the can test only once. The blade coat was not effected…I then did the “stab into plywood pull out sideways” test…I stopped after about 8 thrusts. Again, it may just be me, but a lil’ more rounded pommel would be nice as my thumb took a beating. I then went into my forest and did some pruning “Ceya Trident Mini style”!!! Watching the Guava branches fall almost in slo-mo was as satisfying as the sound a throwing knife makes when it hits a target square!

Anyways, I started training with the weights again along with some SD training with a co-worker of mine, who also happens to be like, my brother. After the weights we did some SD training. I went to his truck, strapped on the Trident-Mini on SOB. My bro didn’t know what I was doing, so he didn’t know it was on me. He has these mats, maybe about 2 to 2 ½ inches thick…under that is concrete. We normally do ground work on the mats. I told him to do a double leg takedown on me. My bro is about 5’8 and weighs in a SOLID 215 or 220. I do a strike, he does the takedown…All I can say at this point is OUCH!!! ****, I felt the knife in full! LOL! Anyways, upon hitting the ground, I kept the momentum and when he got the mount, I did a semi bridge. He then sunk in his “hooks” on my legs. During the bridge however, along with a slight turn to my left, I drew the Mini Trident and quickly, well, threw it toward our feet. (DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS AT HOME UNLESS YO TRAIN WITH SOMEONE YOU REALLY, AND I MEAN, REALLY TRUST! LOL!) As he tried to sit up and do the “ground and pound” thing, I began to do imaginary stabs at his legs and torso. He was like, “What are you doing?” I told him, “This is what I’d do to you if I had THAT in my hand.” I pointed to the Mini that was a few feet away from us, and kinda behind him. LOL, I cannot write what he said after he saw the Mini! LOL! He liked it though, and after explaining about what I am doing with these knives, (I had the Recurve in my bag) he was tripping out. He was like, “Ho…how do you meet all these cool guys?” LOL! “I’m just blessed!” was my reply! I then began to “whine” about my lower back! LOL! Ahhhhhhh, andrenaline…never realized how much it masks PAIN. At the facility, I usually feel it in my knees or elbows while writing my reports…LOL, this time however, I had none, so I really felt the presence of the Mini! But like I mentioned in my Ceya Recurve review, had his attack been for real, I would not have minded the “presence” of the Mini making itself known on my lumbar region!

In closing, I liked the Mini’s blade, but the Recurve’s handle. My buddy who is sadly going to be changing departments to become a cop on Maui preferred the Recurve. My step dad who is a professor in the art of Kempo karate and Kajukenbo also liked the Recurve’s handle. “But I like this blade” he said as he too, admired the Mini. (It is amazing how FAST these old school guys can STILL move!)

Anyways, mahalo again Ceya! I enjoy testing your knives…heck, I enjoy just looking at them! LOL! Again, great job by DMKnives, the coating appears to be gritty but durable! Be advised Ceya, that the Recurve and Trident Mini will be headed home tomorrow! God bless you bro, and do get Sal to collaborate with ya on one of these MINUS the sharp swedge! (Only for legal reasons of course!)

THANK YOU CEYA!!! ;)

ceya

Post by ceya »

Thank You Day Walker for taking the time to test these and give me your honest opinion.

Your wish was done already with the Ceya's Trident . The one I sent to IRAQ. see pic above.

S/F,
CEYA!
Ceya Knife Designz