Finally have landed

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mancer

Finally have landed

Post by Mancer »

Hi guys, have finally landed in Utah.
A bentiful place I must admit, my fiance and I are planning our wedding near the end of November.
Good to finally be in the same place as her.

Anyhow 'just wanted to say hi, hope all is well with you guys, take care

Sheldon
i"
It's Time To Kick @$$ 'N Chew Bubble Gum
BOK

Post by BOK »

Wecome to North America!

I hope you prepared yourself for the drastic weather change!
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

Mancer,
Good to hear from you. I hope all is well in Utah.
Good luck on the wedding.
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.
jaids

Post by jaids »

welcome to the U.S.
DAYWALKER

Aloha!!!

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha Brother!

Hope ya brought my Neostead with ya! LOL!

Great to hear from ya my friend! Regards to Casiopeia as well! Right on you guys!

God bless!
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Mancer

Post by Mancer »

Thanx you guys, good to have such good friends and to have a place such as this 2 meet them, the weather aint to bad, its not nearly as humis as back home and I love the snow in winter (no snow back home)

Hey DayWalker, wish I coulda brought a NeoStead with, hadda leave my G21 behind but oh well, my wife too be is well worth it.

If Im ever down in Hawaii Ill give you a shout,same applies to you if any of you guys are in Utah.

Keep well and take care

MaNcEr
It's Time To Kick @$$ 'N Chew Bubble Gum
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

Hey,Glock 21 would make a good Xmas present for her to get you.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
Casiopeia

Post by Casiopeia »

Wellll HOWDY BOYZ...yeah Mancer is here and making me proud. He does dishes :eek: :D Seriously it is GREAT to finally be in one place. Thanks for all the welcomes. BTW...Daywalker I am in possession of all his spydies ;)

As for a G21 for a Christmas present ...um...well let me just say I prefer spydies to things that go boom in the night ;)

keep well ;)
Honesty is the better part of Integrity
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Hey there Casiopeia!

Long time no "see"!!! I am happy for you all...I mean, now you are all together so that's cool!

Wow...in charge of his collection eh? LOL! My wife is SLOWLY trying to accomplish the same! :rolleyes: I just gave her a Pink Cricket today...that should pacify her for a while! (I hope!) LOL!

God bless you guys, and take care!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Mancer and Casiopeia. Good luck and have fun.
voxnaes

Post by voxnaes »

[quote="Casiopeia"]well let me just say I prefer spydies to things that go boom in the night ]
..Sooooo, no boom-boom in the night ;) Sounds like a good plan to keep your man on his toes :D
All good to you guys,
Vox.
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

I will try not to beat my drum to loud.
Knives are every bit as deadly as guns if used in the wrong way,only they are quiet.I notice you say BOOM instead of bang.It may be that you just do not like the noise they make.Start with a 22 and work your way up.If you get comfortable with the sound you may find you like firearms.
I may be way off base here and I am just guessing,don't mean any disrespect and do not want to start a Pro-Con debate on firearms.
Everyone does have a right to feel the way they want on the matter.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
Casiopeia

Post by Casiopeia »

I can most certainly appreciate what you are saying. My issue with guns has to do with an incident when I was 17 when a guy who was very angry with me put a gun to my head and threatened to kill me and my family.
No matter how hard I try I can't get that image out of my memory. Most of the time I just skip quickly to something else when it comes up. I also have a sensitivity to sounds like guns going off or fireworks....even table saws and things can reduce me to tears if I am startled by them.

Interestingly enough that same year my brother held a butcher knife to my throat and threatened to kill me. I am afraid of any knives with fixed blades. Ie...swords ..short knives...however, I think I am not as afraid as it was my little brother and I could get away from him. A bullet is another matter.

Anyway ...I didn't take any offense...thanks for the advice...

OH and DAYWALKER...I WANT A PINK one...hint hint to Mancer ;)
Honesty is the better part of Integrity
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Wow Mrs. MANCER...

I will pray that God will heal those wounds from your past and put closure on them...

Oh boy, Mancer, I am SORRY bro for opening up a can o' worms! LOL! I think http://www.hammonichiba.com might help...YIPES! LOL! :D

Take care Casiopeia, and enjoy your present times...

J Smith

Post by J Smith »

Can't blame you for your feelings on the matter.
My boss does not like them either but he does keep one in his home for self defence.He was shot by an idot playing with an unloaded 45 when he was in the military.Came very close to killing him,in his side,through his liver and spleen(sp?)and out the other side.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
dialex

Post by dialex »

Interesting story Jeff. Here's another one, it happened when I was in the army. A guy loaded a blank shell (I don't know if the term is correct, it's that kind of shell without the bullet, it's supposed only to make noise) into his AK-47 and fired it. The bad part was that he clenched his fist at the muzzle before shooting :eek: - perhaps he presumed that since there is no bullet, there is no pressure either. Not only he damaged his hand for good, but he was also convicted for self mutilation (for attempt to get rid of the military service).

Casiopeia, I can only hardly imagine what you've been through. :( For instance, I encourage my kids to carry knives (so far, only plastic folders), by I simply can't see my boy holding a knife to his brother's neck - I'd beat the $#it out of him (a task I always dislike most). :(
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.