Search for fellow G-Shock lovers

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Jurphaas

Search for fellow G-Shock lovers

Post by Jurphaas »

Hi all - Much to the dispair of my lovely wife Gaby, I 've become also addicted to Casio G-Shocks. She thinks that I spend way too much on digital time .....
Am I alone????
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha my friend!

No, apparently you are not alone in this love for G-Shocks...

When :spyder: was redoing the site, I frequented BF more than usual. I noticed in a LOT of the trades, G-Shocks are often asked for in both the knife AND Gadget forums! LOL! I was like, "Isn't this a watch?!" LOL, it appears to be much more than that to others.

OBTW- That's a BEAUTIFUL Cricket! Hope my wife doesn't see it! :rolleyes:

Good to "see" ya my friend, Take care and God bless!
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
disorder

Post by disorder »

uhm no.. i received a gshock tough solar last week and is now my edc, in past i got others ,lot of, and they are classics.. and absolutely indestructibile
cc #141
http://www.gnm.it - graphic design
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Hi guys - thanks for your reactions! Yeah I love those G-Shocks especially when they come with Atomic time (Wave Septer) and Solar power (Touch Solar) technologies. They make these watches really helpfull. My wife thinks different, but I can't have enough.....

Daywalker - The cricket was engraved for me by my friend Dr. Fred Carter... yes, that Fred Carter. Sorry he woun't do another one. The engraving makes it priceless. :)
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
rorschach

Post by rorschach »

Well Jur, you just knew I would jump in on this thread, especially since I have contributed to your G-shock deliquency!! I have only 3 g-shocks so far, but I wear them even more than my expensive Omega!

-Rorschach :][: RHOS
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Hey Greg - There you are! Good to meet you here. Yeah, I value your help a lot! I have not enough G-Shocks yet, but I have to watch (?!) my steps . ;)

When is your next journey due? Will you think about the magazien then?

BTW, I still have trouble leaving comments at the HOS. Can't do.... is it me?
Have a great weekend my friend and we'll be in touch. :spyder:
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
rorschach

Post by rorschach »

Here's my newest and favorite, my EDCs today (I'm on a roadtrip.)
Jurphaas wrote:...
When is your next journey due? Will you think about the magazien then?

BTW, I still have trouble leaving comments at the HOS. Can't do.... is it me?
Have a great weekend my friend and we'll be in touch. :spyder:
Hi Jur, I won't be going back to Japan this year (if I can help it!) but I will sure think of you next time I go to Shibuya. As for comments, you need to enable popups, and then click to register at Typepad.com to leave a comment on my site. I had a problem with spammers and this was a necessary step to eliminate them.

Try it out and let me know if you cannot get it to work!
Attachments
gshock2.jpg
gshock2.jpg (54.76 KiB) Viewed 6855 times
-Rorschach :][: RHOS
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

I Jurphaas,
I'm not as addicted as some. After reading a thread a while back I gave my old timex to my son and picked up a GW-300 the solar atomic G-shock. It's been working great. I just have to check ocassionally that the atomic clock is syncronizing (sp). Since I'm not that close to CO the signal is pretty weak.
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.
seaman

Re G-shocks

Post by seaman »

There is a G-shock forum out there at watchuseek.com check under casio.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I've got a DW-5000-1C limited edition (Japan only) reproduction of the original DW-5000.

I also wrote an article on the original basic square G-Shocks:

http://www.timezone.com/library/cjrml/c ... 2093125000
"Wild animals are beautiful because they have hard lives."
- Paul Graham
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Hi All - good to know that I'm not alone here and that I don't have to go see a shrink! :)
Yes, I know about the Casio forum at the "WatchUsee" website. Also one of the two moderators, Sjors, operates a more then fantastic website at: gpeopleland.com (.nl?) He is also from the Netherlands and his web site makes a lot of fun. Go check it out!

Carlos - Was that you who wrote this article.... I've printed it out months ago and then lost it and the site it came from. Thank you for making it known again. I just find the mere veriety of all these G-shocks amazing and facinating. They are also at the forefront of technology with many of the current features they pack into these timepieces. My $ 3500.00 Baume and Mercier Capeland Chronometer does never run as accurate..... so much for overrated quality.
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha Jurphaas!

Great to hear from you! Oh, okay...THAT "Mr. CARTER"! Wow! I do have a pair of coconut leaf socks that are just as priceless IF ya wanna trade? LOL! KIDDING! :p

I am not much into watches, but I can relate to that Cricket!

Take care and God bless you my friend!
Chad
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Hi Chad - Now you know that I'm addicted to buing socks that I don't need and that Gaby is driven into dispair by my uncontrolable urge to go looking for socks. There is no cure but.... swapping my precious Cricket for Coconut socks...... let me sleep on it. On the other hand...... no thanks.
But you be good and keep them croocks in check OK? :D
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

Hey Jur ~ Them G-Shocks are affordable, timeless and keeps going and going and going.. :spyder: :cool: :spyder:

Sam
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Hey Sam - I know, It was you who opened my eyes and who made me realise how special these watches are. I now own 5 G-Shock and 1 Wave cepter model. ;)
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Jurphaas wrote:Carlos - Was that you who wrote this article.... I've printed it out months ago and then lost it and the site it came from.
Yes. It was the last of my wristwatch articles to be published.
"Wild animals are beautiful because they have hard lives."
- Paul Graham
dialex

wave septer? tough solar?

Post by dialex »

Jurphaas wrote:I love those G-Shocks especially when they come with Atomic time (Wave Septer) and Solar power (Touch Solar) technologies.
Hello Jur, I think I don't belong here, I'm not much into watches in general (though Luminox made me a good impression, always liked sparkling thingies). ;)
I was wondering what is the "wave septer" and the "tough solar" feature. I believe that "Tough solar" has something to do with a cell that recharges the battery from solar light as for the "wave septer" could it be a radio signal that adjusts the time (like they first did to those Junghans watches more than ten years ago) ?
disorder

Post by disorder »

hey dialex, the tough solar i use is wonderful , it works only with solar cell (in fact all the front dial - except the digital screen - is a solar cell) also it has a feature that light on for 2 secs the the screen when you turn the wrist.. i've found most of my gshocks on ebay, with some very very good deals.. others sources somebody ?
- jurphaas you're really lucky man with an helper like the good rosharch :)

my best to all
cc #141
http://www.gnm.it - graphic design
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

Hey Sam - I know, It was you who opened my eyes and who made me realise how special these watches are. I now own 5 G-Shock and 1 Wave cepter model.
Oh man! :eek: Sorry about that.. Didn't know you got hooked on them G-Shocks... :D :cool: :spyder: :D

Sam
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I too have been into G-shock for about 6years I think. Not as a collector, but about every two years I buy a new one. So I am not up-to-date on model number and what not, but for a casual watch there's no substitute for G-Shocks in my book! Come to think of it, maybe it's that time to get a new one! For suit and tie affairs, it's strictly Tissot for me. But hey, once you get into knives you should really get familiarized with other gentlemen's jewellery like watches and pens. The french even have magazine for it. While some of you may be familiar with 'Passion des Couteaux', a glossy high-quality paper magazine with lots of photos, that same publisher has a variation magazine, dedicated to pens and watches I believe.

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram