Am I finally done with knives?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
ZrowsN1s

Re: Am I finally done with knives?

Post by ZrowsN1s »

JSumm wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:55 pm
Not this one right?

:dizzy
I'm sure seeing the price tag will help me resist. Good looking knife.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

It is more stunning in person.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
vivi

Post by vivi »

This is one of the first years I've sold more knives than I bought.

After filling out my work knife roll, there really wasn't anything else I needed.

I'm sitting on 20 Pacific Salts, plus an assortment of nice knives I hardly ever carry like my Police folders, Military, Siren, Manix XL's, etc. I've got multiple 10" gyutos, 8" gyutos, petties of different sizes, 15 paring knives, some santokus, sujihikis, etc. Three hatchets, three axes, five machetes and even a sword for ****s and giggles.

Gone are the days where I feel like I have to try out every model that appeals to me. Like I know the cruwear & g10 Stretch XL is a phenomenal knife, but I also know I'd carry it less than 1/20th the year.

I like sticking around here because I like discussing nerdier aspects of knives, like how scientifically superior S7 is to 1095 :rofl , sharpening talk, etc.

But between feeling like my collection is complete and being uninterested in most new models coming out from all knife companies, it's tough to keep up enthusiasm.
:unicorn
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
--Jeremy
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I haven't sold any, but I've bought more knives for other people than I bought for myself this year.

If you're a friend of mine and you don't have a good knife, chances are there's a Seki lightweight in your future. I particularly like giving the SE Dragonfly Salt as a gift. My go to 'sushi knife' for those over sized sushi rolls, and restuarant knife in general.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

I'm not done with knives; I'm just done with acquiring them. For a few years, I bought every knife that I found intriguing. I ended up with a large collection of great blades, but most of them just sit in the dark. Over the past year, I've started selling more knives than I buy, and I still have many that need to be moved on. Deciding which ones to sell and then actually listing them is becoming increasingly difficult. Fortunately, I've never regretted selling a knife after mailing it off, but that doesn't make the process any less agonizing.

I think I will always love knives, but the reality is that my daily life doesn't really require a lot of blade use anymore. I have more knives in every size and configuration than I will ever need. Eventually, I would like to get my collection down to a size where all the knives earn sentimental value.
So it goes.