Others from Blade Show 2023

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JSumm

Others from Blade Show 2023

Post by JSumm »

What others are you interested in at Blade Show this year?

I had pretty much made up my mind that I was going to pick up a TRM Atom this year after passing last year. The new diamond pattern on the titanium scales is great. I love the merlot Micarta scales too! These things may just be the perfect EDC knife. Incredibly thin all over. Very nice linerlock with plenty of edge. For as thin as they are, they are very pleasant in hand. Can't say enough good about them.

I also got to check out the new Gunslinger by Jack Wolf knives. Didn't realize it had a nice hollow grind. Very beautiful knife and incredibly smooth. It would make a very nice gents knife and a phenomenal cutter. Bolster Lock. Basically a hidden integral lock.

I picked up a Hinderer. I love the industrial look of these. The grip reminds me a lot of a Manix both behind and on the choil. It just locks you in perfectly. Has the beastliness of the Shaman. This is the XM-18 3.5" slicer blade with the flipper delete. This one makes me happy and it's mine. I also dropped it getting in my truck. Basically a rite of passage for all my knives.

Last edited by JSumm on Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
MacLaren

Re: Others from Blade Show 2023

Post by MacLaren »

Out of all the knives I've owned, the Hinderer's were the best. That Triway Pivot really put em over the top.
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

Demko has smaller versions of his Sharklock in better steels and handle materials.

KnifeWorks has an automatic Magnacut + fluted carbon fiber RSK MK1-G2 on pre-order.

Hogue showed off a new clutch lock tanto with engraved Al or Ti scales. The blade is reminiscent of the Lum tanto. Beautiful knife.
- Richard
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

The designer behind Finch Knives. Incredible value for a beautiful modern take on folders. Rick, if you read this I tried to explain what a champion you are for these. I was hoping to get you at least some kind of cut of your sales. :')

Showed a friend of mine around and Finch was one of our stops. He liked them a lot and ended up picking up a model.

Also met Ben, the guy behind Jack Wolf Knives. These things are incredibly beautiful slip joints. There first bolster lock the Gunslinger is fantastic. If it is successful, we should see it in more blade shapes. These things are more stunning in person. Fantastic hollow grind.

Met the owner and designer of RoseCraft Blades. The Clinch River Swayback won Import Knife of the Year.

Even though I thought I was done buying. He made me an offer I could not resist. Pays to show up late on Sunday I guess. I really like their traditionals. D2 steel. Incredibly strong spring with a wonderful half stop.

Met some cool people along the way. Devin Thomas was inducted into the Knife Hall of Fame this year. Very cool and well deserving. Their son seems pretty cool too.

Saw Jerad from Neeves Knives.

Such a great experience. Ran around Friday with CJK forum member. Enjoyed the heck out of that. Took a good friend today to dip his toes in the hobby. He is hooked.
Last edited by JSumm on Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Hahaha, thanks for the plug Jeff!! Definitely love that Finch that I have. Looks like a great knife your buddy grabbed, another looker from Finch!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Great post! The XM sure is comfy... Did you handle an Eklipse? If Rick ever makes an Eklipse Skinny Spearpoint it might just ruin the hobby for me.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Ive been seeing those Jack Wolf knives a lot lately and I like everything about them. My favorite part is how creative the owner, Ben, is with the whole brand, from the knives down to the packaging itself!

The knives themselves look great, the designs are very attractive. I’m a big fan of the design language he uses too, it has a strong visual identity and as a result his knives really recognizable. The packaging follows the same principle as his knives, a modern take on a traditional form and helps to stands out from the crowd. Lastly, I think the brand mascot, “Jack Wolf”, that he created to go along with the knives is a really fun and creative marketing teqchnique. If I wasn't such a helpless Spyderco fanboy, I’d seriously consider buying some Jack Wolf knives!

I have a few drawings of traditional knives that I’ve always dreamed of submitting to Spyderco. If I ever do and it doesn’t work out, I feel like they would fit perfect in the Jackwolf lineup.
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Go for it, Nick! 🕷 🕸
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

abbazaba wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:50 pm
Great post! The XM sure is comfy... Did you handle an Eklipse? If Rick ever makes an Eklipse Skinny Spearpoint it might just ruin the hobby for me.
I did not. I was shocked at how good it felt. Really reminds me of a Manix.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Yeah you should go for it Nick. I think we will see more of these nice modern takes on traditionals make a comeback. They seem like superb matter separators.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005