NFL 2022-2023 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TkoK83Spy

Re: NFL 2022-2023 Season

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I was hoping the Giants would land either Chark or specifically Thielen, but the Panthers snatched them both. Miles Sanders too right? Nobody super scary, but definitely some solid additions, especially having to make up for DJ Moore heading to the Bears.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:35 pm
No idea my dear. I'm curious as to whom Carolina will pick since they made those moves to get the overall #1 pick
My guess would be CJ Stroud because of his height. I think he's 6'3" & the Alabama Q.B. is 5'11"
Correct me if I'm wrong
Who do you think the Panthers will choose?
I think thats a good guess. I definitely think those two QBs will be at the top of their list. Theyre clearly targeting someone though, cant wait to find out who! :thinking
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:21 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:35 pm
No idea my dear. I'm curious as to whom Carolina will pick since they made those moves to get the overall #1 pick
My guess would be CJ Stroud because of his height. I think he's 6'3" & the Alabama Q.B. is 5'11"
Correct me if I'm wrong
Who do you think the Panthers will choose?
I think thats a good guess. I definitely think those two QBs will be at the top of their list. Theyre clearly targeting someone though, cant wait to find out who! :thinking
I know, right! 😃
Love the Draft!
Figured they'd already be showin Draft Day on t.v.
I really like that movie
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Happy “the bad man is finally out of the nfc” for all of those that celebrate 🎉 🍻
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I guess Jets games will be a bit more interesting to watch for me this year. Lots of good young players on that team...which Rodgers seemed to have a problem with last year, so we'll see how this goes!

-Rick
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

The Jets will always be the Jets! Leveraging their future for a year or two with Aaron Rodgers before he retires. Even with the Pats in the position they're in, I’m still not worried about the Jets being a good team.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Gonna be so interesting seeing how Rodgers handles New York & losing.......
I'm sure he realizes just how many **** reporters there are in NYC 😆 🤣 😂
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Cardinals released Deandre Hopkins…

As much as I’ve wanted the Patriots to get him, because of how badly they need receiver talent, I know that wont happen. As always, the rich get richer. I’m expecting him to land with the Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, or Eagles. Maybe even the Ravens because their new GM, Lamar Jackson, would probably love to be his teammate.
cjk

Post by cjk »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 11:08 am

As much as I’ve wanted the Patriots to get him, because of how badly they need receiver talent, I know that wont happen. As always, the rich get richer. I’m expecting him to land with the Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, or Eagles. Maybe even the Ravens because their new GM, Lamar Jackson, would probably love to be his teammate.
With a competent OC and OL coach, perhaps Patriots fans will re-realize that their quarterback is actually going to be quite good.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

cjk wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 12:17 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 11:08 am

With a competent OC and OL coach, perhaps Patriots fans will re-realize that their quarterback is actually going to be quite good.
I agree! Even though their offensive coaching staff last season was a mess, I have not lost faith in Mac Jones. I still believe he can be a good QB in this league. I just think their wide receiver core could still improve.
cjk

Post by cjk »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 12:30 pm
I agree! Even though their offensive coaching staff last season was a mess, I have not lost faith in Mac Jones. I still believe he can be a good QB in this league. I just think their wide receiver core could still improve.
I only really follow the Patriots because I'm an Alabama fan. Mac Jones and Christian Barmore are some of my favorite guys. Mac in 2020 really was better than Tua in previous years despite having less receiver talent to throw to. Had Mac been less humble in interviews, he might have won a Heisman in 2020. You may laugh, but it won't surprise me at all if he turns into the second coming of Joe Burrow this year.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-footba ... fb-history
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I wouldn't laugh at all. If Bill Belichick went with Mac, then it's absolutely possible what you say can materialize.
Personally, I think it a strong possibility.
But, it also shows ya (like we don't already know) just how astoundingly hard it is to be successful as an N.F.L. Q.B.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

cjk wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 12:51 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 12:30 pm
I only really follow the Patriots because I'm an Alabama fan. Mac Jones and Christian Barmore are some of my favorite guys. Mac in 2020 really was better than Tua in previous years despite having less receiver talent to throw to. Had Mac been less humble in interviews, he might have won a Heisman in 2020. You may laugh, but it won't surprise me at all if he turns into the second coming of Joe Burrow this year.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-footba ... fb-history
I won’t laugh either, in fact I’d welcome that! And I’m almost glad he didn’t win the Heisman in 2020 because the chances of him falling to the Patriots in the draft would've been much less likely.

Christian Barmore has been great for the Pats so far too! I’m hoping he takes another big step forward this year and becomes a household name because he’s dominant on the field.

I was bummed when they didn’t resign Damien Harris in free agency but the Pats rarely ever pay their running backs big money. He was a very good back for them though and had some electric runs that quickly made him a fan favorite.

I was surprised that they didn’t draft anyone from Alabama this year. Belichick and Saban usually have a good rapport with each other.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Saban & Belichick are thick as thieves
For people that don't know, they known each other for decades - since the 70's if not mistaken
I believe Saban went to work for Belichick's dad at the Naval Academy?
Nick, is that correct?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 12:30 pm
Saban & Belichick are thick as thieves
For people that don't know, they known each other for decades - since the 70's if not mistaken
I believe Saban went to work for Belichick's dad at the Naval Academy?
Nick, is that correct?
:thinking I’m not sure but that would definitely explain a lot!

I’ll have to research that a bit later. Sounds interesting!
cjk

Post by cjk »

Mushroom wrote: ...
I was bummed when they didn’t resign Damien Harris in free agency but the Pats rarely ever pay their running backs big money. He was a very good back for them though and had some electric runs that quickly made him a fan favorite.

I was surprised that they didn’t draft anyone from Alabama this year. Belichick and Saban usually have a good rapport with each other.
I was disappointed about them not resigning him too. Damien Harris has an infectiously positive attitude. Watching him in an interview or press conference nearly always improves my outlook.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Stevenson looks like a beast though, he had a great season last year. Definitely something to build on with him as Jones tries bounce back from last season.

-Rick