College Football 2022

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TomAiello

Re: College Football 2022

Post by TomAiello »

I was teaching all weekend, so all I got was periodic updates. It sure looks like this was a crazy weekend. Lots of surprises. Never a dull moment in college football apparently.

If App state can run the table for the rest of their season, they can make a real case for a play off spot. Especially if A&M gets their act together for the rest of the season. And I can't really see App state losing to anyone on their schedule at this point.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

College Game Day Live from Boone, NC!!
App State!
They picked a perfect weekend to come.
September days are just gorgeous up here.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ya know, it's pretty amazing at how App State (Boone) has grown since '07 - the year that App State defeated Michigan at The Big House - that lead to 3 Straight National Titles in Div.II
& Lord have Mercy! Ole Jimbo Fisher has REALLY taken it on the chin this past week!
From #6 to #24, $1.5 million for that arse whippin & worst of all imo, lmao, the loss of College Game Day at College Station today!!
That's right, Game Day were supposed to be at College Staion today........talk about gettin your candy taken away... lol....
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

HOW BOUT THEM MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!
HOLY ****
Miracle on the Mountain Baby!!!!!!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Well, TX A&M just Upset Miami. Good for them. SEC football!
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

One of the best parts of College Game Day yesterday, was when they showed a clip of Bill Murray - he said, I had one if the best times of my life at Appalachian State!
If I remember correctly, he then said, he better not go back because he would never leave
That's pretty darn cool 😎!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Still hard to believe College Game Day came to Boone!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

And the most EPIC, Incredible ending to the game!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

The last play of the App state game was insane. Just unbelievable.

Oregon is actually looking much better than I thought (from their first game performance) at this point.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Lee Corso was recently in Baton Rouge for an LSU football game when he noticed a ‘special phone’ near the Tigers bench. He asked Head Coach Brian Kelly what it was used for and was told it was a ‘Hotline to God’.

Lee asked if he could use it, Coach replied, “Sure, but it will cost you $200.”

Lee scratched his head, but thought, “What the heck, I could use some help picking games.” He pulled out his wallet and paid $200. Lee's picks were spot-on that week.

The following week, Lee was in Oxford when he noticed the same phone on the Ole Miss Rebels’ bench. He asked what the telephone was for and Lane Kiffin told him, “It's a Hotline to God. If you want to use it, it will cost you $500.”

Recalling the previous week, Lee immediately pulled out his wallet and made the call. Again, Lee's picks were perfect.

The next weekend, Lee was in Tuscaloosa when he noticed the same telephone by the Crimson Tide bench. He asked Coach Saban, “Is that the Hotline to God?”

Coach replied, “Yes, and if you want to use it, it will cost you 50 cents.”

Lee looked at Coach Saban and said, "Wait a second, I just paid $200 in Baton Rouge and $500 in Oxford to use the same phone. Why does the Crimson Tide only charge 50 cents?"

Coach Saban replied, "Because in Tuscaloosa , it's a “local call.”
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

But Doc, Tuscaloosa to Athens is long distance. ;)
cjk

Post by cjk »

Doc Dan wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:56 pm
Lee Corso was recently in Baton Rouge for an LSU football game when he noticed a ‘special phone’ near the Tigers bench. He asked Head Coach Brian Kelly what it was used for and was told it was a ‘Hotline to God’.

Lee asked if he could use it, Coach replied, “Sure, but it will cost you $200.”

Lee scratched his head, but thought, “What the heck, I could use some help picking games.” He pulled out his wallet and paid $200. Lee's picks were spot-on that week.

The following week, Lee was in Oxford when he noticed the same phone on the Ole Miss Rebels’ bench. He asked what the telephone was for and Lane Kiffin told him, “It's a Hotline to God. If you want to use it, it will cost you $500.”

Recalling the previous week, Lee immediately pulled out his wallet and made the call. Again, Lee's picks were perfect.

The next weekend, Lee was in Tuscaloosa when he noticed the same telephone by the Crimson Tide bench. He asked Coach Saban, “Is that the Hotline to God?”

Coach replied, “Yes, and if you want to use it, it will cost you 50 cents.”

Lee looked at Coach Saban and said, "Wait a second, I just paid $200 in Baton Rouge and $500 in Oxford to use the same phone. Why does the Crimson Tide only charge 50 cents?"

Coach Saban replied, "Because in Tuscaloosa , it's a “local call.”

I love this. I'm going to re-use it .
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Great win for Tennessee today
Absolute heart break for Arkansas....a 42 yard field goal to take the lead and possible win over Texas A&M hits the right upright.....oh man.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Several upsets, today. Good win for Notre Dame over a far higher ranked team.

Roll Tide! Granted, Alabama does not have a tough season as far as foes, this year, except Auburn. There will be blood.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:07 am
Several upsets, today. Good win for Notre Dame over a far higher ranked team.

Roll Tide! Granted, Alabama does not have a tough season as far as foes, this year, except Auburn. There will be blood.
Man, I knew that game was gonna be disastrous for Carolina. Because ND has a good defense and Carolina has absolutely NO defense lol.....that being said, anyone with a good defense should wear Carolina out and they did just that.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well, what's up guys?
Anyone watching any games today?
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Alabama won't be #1 tomorrow. They barely, and I mean barely, survived Tx A&M. Of course the Bama QB is no Bryce. He doesn't think.

TN won big, though. Good for them! I think they might take Bama next week.

Samford won big, today. The streak continues.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I hope Tennessee doesn't let that LSU game go their heads......Alabama will beat them by 30+ if the do.
Reason I say this is because LSU is really, really, down this season. Their QB, the Daniels kid, I remember him well from playing with Arizona State while Herm Edward's was there. He couldn't really cope with those PAC12 defenses, and he's in way over his head with these nasty SEC defenses
When I saw who LSU had as their QB, I knew UT would have a great day. I hate to say it like that but, it is what it is. Lol, at least imo
Gonna be a good game with UT & Bama but, I really do see Bama taking care of business.
I really don't see Bama trailing at any point of the game. Don't think it'll be a blow out. Just Bama will have their way with UT.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

I think it will depend greatly on who Alabama has as QB. If it is that guy they had today, they are in real trouble. Obvious things he doesn't do and he doesn't think under pressure. He stares like a deer caught in the headlights until the moment to act has passed.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050