Better Call Saul!!!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: Better Call Saul!!!

Post by MacLaren »

What do y'all think about the Series Finale "Saul Gone!"
Personally, I loved it!
He actually had the Govt. down to 7 Years!!
But.........always a BUT!
I don't feel that Jimmy could live with himself without Kim's respect/love for him. & that came with a staggering price tag......to the tune of 86 years in Prison. Of course, I do feel some of that was also remorse for Chuck. He needed to confess that.
At any rate, the last scene was just super powerful imo, with Jimmy in Prison & Kim leaving the Prison - they have some time to look at each other before the gate is opened for Kim, and Jimmy gives her the smokin guns gesture. That scene - talk about finality. There is absolutely no way of escaping a Prison like that. Theres just not. So, with that in mind, theres absolutely no doubt that things will ever change. Jimmy will grow old and die in Prison. The best they will ever do is a Lawyer Client visit.
A cold hard ending. A clean break.
Just right.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I expected him to self destruct and he did. His personality from the beginning made it inevitable. He was living a low key life and had to go take chances and get involved in crimes with someone who would be sure to f-up eventually and turn him in. What he did with Kim wouldn't have helped him or her much ( she had the same self destructive part in her basic personality) yet he had to do it. That even made the US attorney look stupid. People with those personalities drag everyone down with them. The ending of this story was wrote back in the first season.

Mike and Gus were the characters I liked. Even Nacho ( who I liked) was too much a victim of himself.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Absolutely lol, he wasnt in Nebraska no time before he started digging his old commercials out and watching them.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I wasn’t a fan of the ending or the last few episodes. I would have been fine with it ending exactly when Howard died. I like mystery and unanswered questions.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SG89 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:55 am
I wasn’t a fan of the ending or the last few episodes. I would have been fine with it ending exactly when Howard died. I like mystery and unanswered questions.
Then you probably loved how the Sopranos ended (if you watched that series)
SG89

Post by SG89 »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:56 am
SG89 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:55 am
Then you probably loved how the Sopranos ended (if you watched that series)
Yes I did!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

I'll probably watch the final episode tonight.

I don't watch much tv, so I don't know much about actors and stuff. But the other show that I've been watching is The Godfather of Harlem. The only similarity to B.C. Saul is that there are drugs, gangs, shooting, whacking snitches, smokin' bi... ladies, and lots of pottymouth language. But those are all my favorite things in a show. Reading this thread got me curious, so I looked up the show on The Interwebs. You know what? Giancarlo Esposito is in Godfather of Harlem. I didn't recognize him. His character is completely opposite of Fring. I like it when an actor is so good that I believe in the character and forget it's acting.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

RustyIron wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:43 pm
I'll probably watch the final episode tonight.

I don't watch much tv, so I don't know much about actors and stuff. But the other show that I've been watching is The Godfather of Harlem. The only similarity to B.C. Saul is that there are drugs, gangs, shooting, whacking snitches, smokin' bi... ladies, and lots of pottymouth language. But those are all my favorite things in a show. Reading this thread got me curious, so I looked up the show on The Interwebs. You know what? Giancarlo Esposito is in Godfather of Harlem. I didn't recognize him. His character is completely opposite of Fring. I like it when an actor is so good that I believe in the character and forget it's acting.
Yup, Giancarlo Esposito is one fine actor. One of the very best, imo.
Ya know, he also played in Spike Lee's Do The Right Thing - he was the militant guy. The man can act.