Lost and found

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Bdubs808

Lost and found

Post by Bdubs808 »

My coworker found a knife during service last night (I am a cook at a restaurant). He is a high school aged busser and one of the customers left it at the dinner table; he casually pulled it out of his pocket and said "look what I found" and it was a metal handled folder. Initially I thought "Oh, it's just a stainless steel Kershaw, but after a couple of seconds of examination I realized it was a ZT. Of course I got excited and flipped it open, discovering that it was a full TI 0562. Wow, was I taken aback. Who leaves an expensive piece like that behind (the patron had already left)? Also, it was my first time handling a 0562, and it was impressive. Now I'm kind of thinking I need one too, or maybe even a full Hinderer. The sound it made when flipped open was kinda awesome.
Anyway, has any body else comes across any lost expensive knives?
And, this is the bussers first ever knife, possibly. He can keep it if the patron doesn't come back to claim it. Not bad for a first folder.
cabfrank

Re: Lost and found

Post by cabfrank »

I would call them, assuming they had a reservation, and contact info.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Even if there were no reservation, the credit card receipt would tell you who the person was and you might be able to track him down.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

I dont know why some assume there was a credit card receipt as some still use cash. I use both at different times.

Found an Apple Watch in a vacation house. Contacted the owner out of state and they were glad to get it back.

I mailed it to them. You think they paid me for postage?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NO!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SpyderGrill wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:55 pm
I dont know why some assume there was a credit card receipt as some still use cash. I use both at different times.

Found an Apple Watch in a vacation house. Contacted the owner out of state and they were glad to get it back.

I mailed it to them. You think they paid me for postage?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NO!
I still use cash when I go to restaurants. Because a few years back a good friend took a bunch of us out to eat ( a group from work). He paid with his credit card and the server ended up hi-jacking his card of an extra $200. And he left the jerk a really good tip too. The Server quit the restaurant and my friend was never able to recoup any of his loses. Since then I only pay with cash and try to have close to the exact amount.

I would almost bet this patron is probably going to realize he lost his folder at the restaurant ( especially one of that quality) and will probably be calling to claim it. If not I guess you got a new knife to play with. I hope it all works out for everyone involved.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SpyderGrill wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:55 pm

Oh speak of ungrateful jerks as the one you just described. About 3 years back I found a super expensive Apple I-phone. A friend of mine who really knows these high dollar phones said that it was worth well over $1200 ( 3 years ago mind you). I went out of my way to contact this guy and see that he got his phone back. I burnt at least 3 to 4 hours setting up a meeting to get it back to him. When I met the guy he did say "thank you" but acted like an arrogant jerk about it. It was like he had to force himself to say it. And he didn't offer any reward for finding it at all. I would have probably just told to keep his money because I've had people save me on lost stuff a couple of times in the past 20 years.
But the jerk was so ungrateful that my friends who I was with at the time were completely outraged about him not being grateful hardly at all. But it's like one of Spyderco's old slogans>> It's about being good when no one else is watching. I know I did the right thing and that's all that matters in the long haul. But it is disgusting beyond belief how many totally rotten, ungrateful people there are now a days.