Yard Work - Nice Day

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Manixguy@1994

Re: Yard Work - Nice Day

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageBought the CEO a new Toro today . I’m in good standing ! Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Looking good!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:30 pm
Looking good!
I thought so too . CEO mowed with it for about ten minutes and not happy with it . Tomorrow will be fun . Wish me luck . Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImagePlan B achieved, no injuries . :)
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:29 pm
ImagePlan B achieved, no injuries . :)
:') listen, I wise man knows when to fold'em and fight another day. Well done good sir. You made the right call.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Ha ha ! Where she works they buy all their equipment from this dealer and know the CEO . So they bend over backwards helping her . Great dealer only place I go to , got my Ferris there and most of my Stihl equipment.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageMini Stihl electric pruner , comes with two heads . CEO saw it while buying the new Toro , it went like this “ oh it’s so cute ! “ I immediately knew we just had to have a cute Stihl . It goes with our mini Stihl electric chainsaw and uses same batteries . Maybe test tomorrow. Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageFall,cleanup has started . More to go . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageLayed,mat down yesterday after hauling black dirt in and spreading then seeding . I have two more spots to go . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageTwenty plus years old and high winds finally got the best of our Arbor . Tore it down this week and started building a new one . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Lovely yard MG2. In midst of yard improvement (it never ends) on a much smaller scale still let’s me know how much labor is involved to get those results. Polite golf claps to you and the CEO.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Seriously! Dan you have a massive yard that looks incredible!
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageThanks guys , it is always a work in progress which it should be because things grow , die or needs to be harvested . The smile it gives my wife makes all the work worth it and means so much to me . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageStihl GTA26 electric saved me this afternoon . Dying trunk in middle of Maple Amur . Surprised me , little tank . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:20 pm
ImageStihl GTA26 electric saved me this afternoon . Dying trunk in middle of Maple Amur . Surprised me , little tank . Dan
Those little electric saws are nice Dan.
I live in the Christmas Tree Capitol of the world and one of the biggest farmers I know went to all battery powered saws- for what he does they do just great!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:11 am
ImageThanks guys , it is always a work in progress which it should be because things grow , die or needs to be harvested . The smile it gives my wife makes all the work worth it and means so much to me . Dan
Lookin good Dan! Real good 😎
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Thank you Paul . There is always something to do when married to a landscaper! 😂 She had me cutting up pool noodles for huge planters this morning before I got out the Stihl . Will be opening our landscape pond soon plus I will be working on the new Arbor build . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:06 pm
Thank you Paul . There is always something to do when married to a landscaper! 😂 She had me cutting up pool noodles for huge planters this morning before I got out the Stihl . Will be opening our landscape pond soon plus I will be working on the new Arbor build . Dan
Oh wow! Keep us posted man, that's gonna be awesome!
Yeah, I used to absolutely love to use a chainsaw but now a days I dread it, lol
I've got some storm trees to cut up/buck up - however ya wanna say it. Be good wood for the camp fires/fire pit.
And I really dread mowing......mowed for the first time this year, yesterday. Done a good bit of weed eating today. Thinking very seriously about a new mower. I've got a Cub Cadet Ultima 50" deck......bought it new 3 years ago I think - it's a great little zero turn but, I've got probably 5 acres that I now Dan and I'm getting tired of that 50" deck man. Thinking about a new Ferris with at least a 60" mowing deck...lot of money though.
But, I spend a helluva lit of time mowing right now.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:37 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Yeah, I used to absolutely love to use a chainsaw but now a days I dread it, lol
I've got some storm trees to cut up/buck up - however ya wanna say it. Be good wood for the camp fires/fire pit.
And I really dread mowing......mowed for the first time this year, yesterday. Done a good bit of weed eating today. Thinking very seriously about a new mower. I've got a Cub Cadet Ultima 50" deck......bought it new 3 years ago I think - it's a great little zero turn but, I've got probably 5 acres that I now Dan and I'm getting tired of that 50" deck man. Thinking about a new Ferris with at least a 60" mowing deck...lot of money though.
If you don’t mulch at least a sixty would be my choice , especially with the amount of acres. I would compare prices of Ferris commercial and suspension models . You lucky dog ! I have mowed three times already ! Wife is great help all kidding aside . She likes her little part of yard to mow and she weed eats better than most buddies I know . What I dread is power washing all our concrete , don’t get me started about edging sidewalks ! :zany Dan
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:58 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:37 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
If you don’t mulch at least a sixty would be my choice , especially with the amount of acres. I would compare prices of Ferris commercial and suspension models . You lucky dog ! I have mowed three times already ! Wife is great help all kidding aside . She likes her little part of yard to mow and she weed eats better than most buddies I know . What I dread is power washing all our concrete , don’t get me started about edging sidewalks ! :zany Dan
Ha!
I hear ya buddy - & I'll check both, thanks Dan 😊