Reate Exo Gravity Knife in stock

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Snacktime

Reate Exo Gravity Knife in stock

Post by Snacktime »

Knifejoker has a few Reate Exo Gravity Knives in stock. Stupid hard to get and stupid fidgety fun.

I know I grabbed another!
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
RustyIron

Re: Reate Exo Gravity Knife in stock

Post by RustyIron »

Good on ya. What flavors did you get? Mine is #36 out of 100 made with ironwood inserts. Wasn't it Smokey Mountain that had some exclusives in really attractive colors of micarta? I'd have liked one of those.

I'm a little disappointed that I don't yet have a great way to carry my Exo. The leather slip/sheath is just ok. I've been futzing around with the kydex sheath this evening in an attempt to improve it.

The first problem with the kydex is that it's WAY too tight. I heated it with a hair dryer and reformed it a little. Now it's better. I also squirted some silicone down in there. It still seems tight, but I'll carry it around for a bit to be sure. I also don't like the belt clip. If your thumb pushes on the clip as you remove the knife from the sheath, the clip pops open. That's The release button should NOT be on the top, so I drilled a hole in the sheath so the clip could be mounted with the release at the bottom.

I would really like this knife to be a long-term EDC. Functionally, it's fine. It does all the stuff you'd want a knife to do. But I'm afraid that after the novelty wears off, I'll go back to my Spydercos. They're all easier to carry, and really, more sensible.
Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

Mine can't leave the house since I'm in California. Its purely a fidget toy / letter opener but I don't have any issues with my kydex holster. I enjoy the tight click into the kydex when I pull it out or put it away.

I have been thinking about a inside the pocket clip like how you stash an extra pistol mag.

I would pocket carry if it was legal. My cop friends hate when I pull it out go is this legal?
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

You got me thinking about a DeSantis Super Fly pocket holster that I used to use. It's a rubberized material that just stays in your pocket. I know they make magazine pouches of the same material. I wonder about the feasibility of converting one of their pouches, or just making one from scratch. It can't be THAT hard... right?