Family friendly jokes

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Family friendly jokes

Post by Doc Dan »

A truck driver walks into a cafe with a full-grown emu behind him.
The waitress asks for an order.

The truck driver says, “I’ll have a hamburger, fries and a coffee.” He turns to the emu, ‘What about you?’

‘Sounds good to me, I’ll have the same,’ the emu replies.

The waitress returns with the order. ‘That’ll be $9.40 please.” The truck driver reaches into his pocket, pulls out the exact change and pays her.

The next day, the truck driver and the emu return. He repeats his order, “a hamburger, fries, and a coffee, please.” The emu repeats, “sounds good. Same for me, please.”

Once more, the truck driver reaches into his pocket and produces the exact amount.

This is their routine for a couple of days. One night, the two enter again.

‘I guess you’ll have the usual?’ asks the waitress.

‘No, it’s Friday night. I’ll have a steak, baked potato and a salad,’ says the truck driver. ‘Sounds great, same for me, too,’ says the emu.

The waitress brings the order and says, “That will be $32.65”

Once again the man pulls the exact change out of his pocket and places it on the table.

The waitress can’t hold back her curiosity any longer. ‘You’ve really got me there. How do you manage to always have the exact change every time?’

“Well, love,” says the truck driver, ” a few years ago, I was cleaning out the back shed and found an old lamp. When I cleaned it, a Genie appeared and offered me two wishes. My first wish was that if I ever had to pay for anything, I would just put my hand in my pocket and the right amount of money would always be there.”

‘That’s brilliant!’ the waitress exclaims. ‘Most people would ask for a million dollars or something, but you’ll always be as rich as you want, for as long as you live!’

‘That’s right,’ says the truck driver. ‘Whether it’s a carton of milk or a Rolls Royce, the exact money will always be there.”

Still curious the waitress asks, ‘But, what’s with the emu?’

The truck driver pauses heaves a sigh and answers, “My second wish was for a tall bird with long legs and a well-rounded bottom who agrees with everything I say.”
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Kermit the frog did an ancestry DNA test.

It turns out he's a tad Pole.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

A duck walks into a pub and orders a pint of beer and a ham sandwich.

The barman looks at him and says, “Hang on! You’re a duck”.

“I see your eyes are working,” replies the duck.

“And you can talk!” exclaims the barman.

“I see your ears are working, too,” says the duck. “Now if you don’t mind, can I have my beer and my sandwich please?”

“Certainly, sorry about that,” says the barman as he pulls the duck a pint.

“It’s just we don’t get many ducks in this pub. What are you doing round this way?”

“I’m working on the building site across the road,” explains the duck. “I’m a plasterer”.

The flabbergasted barman cannot believe the duck and wants to learn more, but takes the hint when the duck pulls out a newspaper from his bag and proceeds to read It. So, the duck reads his paper, drinks his beer, eats his sandwich, bids the barman good day and leaves.

The same thing happens for two weeks.

Then one day the circus comes to town.

The ringmaster comes into the pub for a pint and the barman says to him “You’re with the circus, aren’t you? Well, I know this duck that could be just brilliant in your circus. He talks, drinks beer, eats sandwiches, reads the paper and everything!”

“Sounds marvellous,” says the ringmaster, handing over his business card. “Get him to give me a call”.

So the next day when the duck comes into the pub, the barman says, “Hey Mr. Duck, I reckon I can line you up with a top job, paying really good money”.

“I’m always looking for the next job,” says the duck. “Where is it?”

“At the circus,” says the barman.

“The circus?” asks the duck.

“That’s right,” replies the barman.

“The circus?” The duck asks again. “With the big tent?”

“Yeah,” the barman replies.

“With all the animals who live in cages, and performers who live in caravans?” asks the duck.

“Of course,” the barman replies.

“And the tent has canvas sides and a big canvas roof with a hole in the middle?” persists the duck.

“That’s right!” says the barman.

The duck shakes his head in amazement and says, “What the heck would they want with a plasterer??!”

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

A man who was previously a sailor was very aware that ships are addressed as “she” and “her”. He often wondered what gender computers should be addressed. To answer that question, he set up two groups of computer experts. The first was comprised of women and the second of men. Each group was asked to recommend whether computers should be referred to in the feminine gender, or the masculine gender. They were asked to give 4 reasons for their recommendation.

The group of women reported that the computers should be referred to in the masculine gender because:
1] In order to get their attention, you have to turn them on.
2] They have a lot of data but are still clueless.
3] They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they are the problem.
4] As soon as you commit to one, you realize that, if you had waited a little longer you could have had a better model.

The men, on the other hand, concluded that computers should be referred to in the feminine gender because:
1] No one but the Creator understands their internal logic.
2] The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else.
3] Even your smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for later retrieval.
4] As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

The taxi driver knew that they were drunk so he started the engine and after a couple of minutes, simply turned it off again.

Taxi Driver, “We have reached your destination!”

The first guy gave him some money and the second guy thanked him as they clambered out of the car.

The third guy slapped the taxi driver across the face. The taxi driver was shocked, thinking the third guy must have been sober after all.

The Taxi Driver said, “What was that for?”

And the third guy replied, “Control your speed next time, you nearly killed us!!!”

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

First of all, thanks Doc Dan, for all the great jokes! Very fun.

Second, I didn't know where else to post this. Family friendly? I guess, because it's for 9 months and up...

Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

How to clean the toilet:

1. Put both lids of the Toilet up,
And add 1/8 cup of pet
Shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while
You carry him towards the bathroom.

3. In one smooth movement, put the cat
In the toilet and close the lid.
You may need to stand on the Lid.

4. The cat will self-agitate and make Ample suds.
Never mind the noises that come from the
Toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times.
This provides a ‘power-wash’ and rinse’.

6. Have someone open the front door of
Your home.
Be sure that there are no people between the
Bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as
You can, and quickly lift the lid.

8. The cat will rocket out of the
Toilet, streak through the bathroom,
And run outside where he will dry himself off.

9. Both the toilet and the cat will be sparkling clean.

Sincerely,

The Dog

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageGood one Doc ! A word from my sponsor . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

A group of seniors were sitting around talking about all their ailments while drinking coffee.

“My arms have gotten so weak I can hardly lift this cup of coffee,” said one.

“Yes, I know,” said another. “My cataracts are so bad, I can’t even see my coffee”.

“I couldn’t even mark an ‘X’ at election time, my hands are so crippled,” volunteered a third.

“What? Speak up! I can’t hear you!” shouted another.

“I can’t turn my head because of arthritis in my neck,” said a fifth senior, to which several others nodded weakly in agreement.

“My blood pressure pills make me so dizzy!” exclaimed another.

“I forget where I am, and where I’m going,” said another.

I guess that’s the price we pay for getting old”, winced an old man as he slowly shook his head. The others nodded in agreement.

“Well, count your blessings,” said a woman. “Thank God we can all still drive!”

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

I’m reading a horror story in Braille. Something bad is about to happen…
I can feel it.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

"My name is Claire..
I was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment with a new dentist.

I noticed his degree on the wall, which bore his full name.

Suddenly, I remembered a tall , handsome, dark-haired boy with the same name had been in my high school some 25-odd years ago.

Could he be the same guy that I had a secret crush on, way back then?

Upon seeing him,
however, I quickly discarded any such thought.

This balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to have been my classmate.

After he examined my teeth,
I asked him if he had attended the same school as mine..

"Yes. yes, I did.'
he gleamed with pride.

"When did you graduate?" I asked.

He answered, "In 1987.
Why do you ask?"

"You were in my class!!!!",
I happily exclaimed.

He looked at me closely.

Then,
that
ugly,
old,
bald,
wrinkled faced,
gray-haired,
decrepit,
idiot,
asked,

"What subject did you teach" ?"

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

A man goes to join an order of monks.

The head Monk says to the man, “This is a silent order. You will only be allowed to speak once, every 15 years.”

The man says “Okay” and so begins his time with the silent order.

15 years pass and the man is sitting in the refectory when the head monk approaches and says to the man, “It has been fifteen years. What would you like to say brother?”

The man responds, “The porridge could do with a little more sugar.”

The head monk nods in acknowledgement and walks away.

Another 15 years pass and the head monk finds the man in the dormitory and says, “Brother, it has been another 15 years. What is it that you wish to say?”

“The bed sheets are a bit thin.” Replies the man. Again the head monk nods in acknowledgement.

Yet another 15 years pass and the head monk sees the man and asks, “15 years have passed. Have you anything to say?”

“Well actually I’ve been thinking about it and I’m leaving the order. It’s not really for me,” says the man.

“Yes, yes,” sighs the head monk. “I think that’s for the best. You’ve done nothing but complain since you got here.”

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

The room was full of pregnant women with their husbands.

The instructor said, “Ladies, remember that exercise is good for you. Walking is especially beneficial. It strengthens the pelvic muscles and will make delivery that much easier. Just pace yourself, make plenty of stops and try to stay on a soft surface like grass.”

“Gentlemen, remember — you’re in this together. It wouldn’t hurt you to go walking with her. In fact, that shared experience would be good for you both.”

The room suddenly became very quiet as the men absorbed this information.

After a few moments a man at the back of the room slowly raised his hand.

“Yes?” said the Instructor.

“I was just wondering if it would be all right, if she carries a golf bag?”

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

To whom it may concern

I am writing to thank you for bouncing my cheque with which I endeavoured to pay my plumber last month. By my calculations, three nanoseconds must have elapsed between his depositing the cheque and the arrival in my account of the funds needed to honour it. It refer of course to the automatic transfer of funds from my modest savings account, an arrangement which, I admit has been in place for only thirty-one years. You are to be commended for seizing that brief window of opportunity, and also for debiting my account $30 by way of penalty for the inconvenience caused to your bank.

My thankfulness springs from the manner in which this incident has caused me to rethink my errant financial ways. I notices that whereas I personally attend to your telephone calls and letters, when I try to contact you, I am confronted by the impersonal, overcharging, pre-recorded, faceless entity which your bank has recently become. From now on I, like you, choose only to deal with a flesh-and-blood person. My mortgage and loan repayments will therefore and hereafter no longer be automatic, but will arrive at your bank, by cheque, addressed personally and confidentially to an employee at your bank who you must nominate. Be aware that it is an offense under the Postal Act for any other person to open such an envelope.

Please find attached an Application Contact Status form which I require your chosen employee to complete. I am sorry it runs to eight pages, but in order that I know as much about him or her as your bank knows about me, there is no alternative. Please note that all copies of his or her medical history must be countersigned by a Notary Public, and the mandatory details of his/her financial situation (income, debts, assets and liabilities) must be accompanied by documented proof. In due course, I will issue your employee with a PIN number which he/she must quote in dealings with me. I regret that it cannot be shorter than 28 digits but, again, I have modeled it on the number of button presses required of me to access my account balance on your phone bank service. As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Please allow me to level the playing field further. When you call me, you will now have a menu of options on my new voice mail system to choose from. Please press the buttons as follows:

To make an appointment to see me
To query a missing payment
To transfer the call to my living room in case I am there.
To transfer the call to my bedroom in case I am sleeping.
To transfer the call to my mobile phone is I am not home.
To leave a message on my computer, a password to access my computer is required. Password will be communicated to you at a later date, to the Authorized contact.
To return to the main menu and listen to options 1-7
To make a general complaint or inquiry. The contact will be put on hold, pending the attention of my automated answering services. While this may, on occasion, involve a lengthy wait, uplifting music will play for the duration of the call.
Regrettably, but again following your example, I must also levy an establishment fee of $50 to cover the setting up of this new arrangement. Please credit my account after each occasion.

May I wish you a happy, if ever so slightly less prosperous New Year

Your Humble Client.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

A man was on a country road enjoying a drive. He picked up a hitchhiker, a beautiful young woman. Suddenly she fainted and he had to make a dash for a hospital.

That’s stressful.

At the hospital, the doctors say the young woman is all right. She is pregnant. They congratulate the man on his coming fatherhood. But he explains that he is not the father but the woman says he is.

That’s stressful.

He demands a DNA test to disprove paternity. After the tests are concluded, the doctors say he is infertile and has been all his life.

That’s stressful. But a relief.

Then he thinks about his five kids back home…

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

A rather distraught woman called her doctor.

"Doctor, didn't you tell me these pills have to be taken for the rest of my life?"

"Yes, I'm afraid so," said her doctor.

"Then, why does it say 'No Refills'?"

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Asked by a reporter how he had managed to live to the age of 100, an old man explained:

“Well, son, I got married when I was 21. The wife and I decided that if ever we argued the loser should take a long walk to cool off.

So I guess I’ve benefited from 79 years of fresh air”.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

A lady walked into a drugstore and told the pharmacist she needed some cyanide right away. The pharmacist naturally was concerned by such a request and asked, “Why in the world do you need cyanide?”
The lady then explained that she needed it to poison her husband. The pharmacist’s eyes got big and he said, “I can’t give you cyanide to kill your husband! That’s against the law! I’ll lose my license. They’ll throw both of us in jail and all kinds of bad things will happen! Absolutely not! You cannot have any cyanide!”
The lady reached into her purse and pulled out a picture of her husband in bed with the pharmacist’s wife.
The pharmacist looked at the picture and replied, “Well, now. You didn’t tell me you had a prescription.”

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Why don't they play poker in Africa?

There's too many cheetahs.

I'll see myself out.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Ric

Post by Ric »

:D thumbs up