N.F.L. 2021-2022 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: N.F.L. 2021-2022 Season

Post by MacLaren »

Wow gang......just check this out.....what a difference...I know it's been 30 year, but still!!
Check out Rodney Pete, starting NFL QB with a salary of $115k!!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:26 pm
Wow gang......just check this out.....what a difference...I know it's been 30 year, but still!!
It's really simple MAC. The entertainment industry is one of the very few that is prospering exponentially. And yes our dearly beloved sports industry that many of us love and grew up on is in the "entertainment" bracket

I think you will find that movie and TV actors are also going up at a similar rate. I very much remember the days when Steve Deberg was the Chief's QB. He was actually really pretty good and he played until he was like 45 at the end of his NFL career. Probably out of necessity in his case.

It's so sad that so many of these guys with the 30 Million dollar a year contracts are going to be broke 10 years from now. I've heard that Tyreek Hill is spending money faster than he gets it. I sure hope he puts some of it away for the end of his career>> and he is just one of many who spends his loot like a drunken sailor.

I'm just trying to predict when the first billion dollar contract will be inked. Heck Pat Mahomes contract is worth a half a billion when it's all said and done. It will only go skyward for entertainers in the foreseeable future. In hard times people need an escape and entertainment is that escape for a lot of folks.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Sheeeeesh, I can see why they used to run the ball 45 times a game. Those are some pretty terrible td/int numbers!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

This is pre-salary cap… I really hope these are fully guaranteed contracts bc if not, ouch! Those qb’s got concussions every game back then, no protection!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:02 pm
Antonio Brown quitting in the middle of the game against the Jets!
This one was probably my favorite too. What a way to end your NFL career.

———
MacLaren wrote: Wow gang......just check this out.....what a difference...I know it's been 30 year, but still!!
https://i.postimg.cc/NfXTXj49/Screensho ... cebook.jpg
Wow! That almost looks insulting in comparison to today’s contracts. Even though it was nearly the end of his career, Joe Montana on a $2.5 Million contract sounds crazy. Accounting for inflation since 1990, that $2.5 million would only be worth $5,590,970 today. Even backup QBs make more than that these days.
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:57 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:02 pm
Antonio Brown quitting in the middle of the game against the Jets!
This one was probably my favorite too. What a way to end your NFL career.

———
MacLaren wrote: Wow gang......just check this out.....what a difference...I know it's been 30 year, but still!!
https://i.postimg.cc/NfXTXj49/Screensho ... cebook.jpg
Wow! That almost looks insulting in comparison to today’s contracts. Even though it was nearly the end of his career, Joe Montana on a $2.5 Million contract sounds crazy. Accounting for inflation since 1990, that $2.5 million would only be worth $5,590,970 today. Even backup QBs make more than that these days.
Man, it's just very interesting!
But, ya know Nick, that's just how much the game itself has shifted. Would you say that Bill Walsh started it with the West Coast Spread? Because it's all about passing now a days.....used to be running backs were really prized. Now, it's just a big plus to have one it seems. Oh, and I wish they would out up tight end pay differences ....the TE position has became so valuable too
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:25 pm
MacLaren wrote:
It's really simple MAC. The entertainment industry is one of the very few that is prospering exponentially. And yes our dearly beloved sports industry that many of us love and grew up on is in the "entertainment" bracket

I think you will find that movie and TV actors are also going up at a similar rate. I very much remember the days when Steve Deberg was the Chief's QB. He was actually really pretty good and he played until he was like 45 at the end of his NFL career. Probably out of necessity in his case.

It's so sad that so many of these guys with the 30 Million dollar a year contracts are going to be broke 10 years from now. I've heard that Tyreek Hill is spending money faster than he gets it. I sure hope he puts some of it away for the end of his career>> and he is just one of many who spends his loot like a drunken sailor.

I'm just trying to predict when the first billion dollar contract will be inked. Heck Pat Mahomes contract is worth a half a billion when it's all said and done. It will only go skyward for entertainers in the foreseeable future. In hard times people need an escape and entertainment is that escape for a lot of folks.
& what's really crazy, is that they make soooo much in endorsements too. If Mahomes plays his cards right, it's untelling what he'll be worth at just age 50 - for example. It's mind boggling.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:21 am
JD Spydo wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

& what's really crazy, is that they make soooo much in endorsements too. If Mahomes plays his cards right, it's untelling what he'll be worth at just age 50 - for example. It's mind boggling.
He’ll be worth half bc you know that wife of his is going to divorce him and get paiddd! Lol
Spydergirl88
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

By the time Sir Patrick Mahomes is 50 or even 45 for that matter he'll probably be approaching billionaire status. I shutter to think what him and Aaron Rogers are making on those "State Farm" commercials alone>> not to mention all the other products the both of them pitch. You know they aren't doing those TV commercials for peanuts.
However if we enter another Great Depression type scenario in our economy ( and I hope to GOD above we don't) that might be the final curtain for all the pro sports fanaticism. It might even end sports as we know it.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SG89 wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:17 pm
MacLaren wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

He’ll be worth half bc you know that wife of his is going to divorce him and get paiddd! Lol
Lol!!! Now, that's being realistic! 😆
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Oh man, just read how Ravens, Ferguson died. It was from a combo of cocaine & fentanyl.
That fentanyl is the heavy. It's dangerous as a loaded gun. Doesn't matter how young & strong you may be. Fentanyl will kill you quick. So many deaths with people mixing stuff with Fentanyl. Not trying to be a knkw it all gang. Just, my wife is a Pharmacist and, she told me how powerful it is. Just a shame. He leaves behind 3 kids, all under 5 years old.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Switching gears a bit, I had mentioned months ago, that the Texas Longhorns & Oklahoma Sooners would be joining the SEC. Well, that was just the tip of the iceberg. Just recently both Southern California & UCLA have joined or will join the Big10!
It looks like College Football is headed for 2 Super Conferences - the SEC & Big10
Right now, North Carolina woukd be a Crown Jewell for either Conference.......but, I have a hard time imagining my Heels anywhere but, the ACC........nonetheless, as of now, I wouldn't mind them joining the Big10.
Hard to believe but, it really looks like this is the way its gonna be in College Football
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Baker to the panthers for a conditional 2024 5th and he agreed to a pay cut.
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SG89 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:40 am
Baker to the panthers for a conditional 2024 5th and he agreed to a pay cut.
Yes!!!!
I love it. He will really thrive down here. Seriously yall, I think Baker will do very well.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Idk if his new team can help him win…all eyes are definitely on him. Camp battle between him, Darnold, Corall. Unless they trade Darnold, not sure what his salary is.
Sidenote: I hope OBJ signs with the Bengals. That would be pretty cool.
Spydergirl88
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Wow, good for him and good for the Panthers! Seems like they gave up very little in assets to get him and I think he is a much better option at starter than Darnold.

The Browns will probably have to start Jacoby Brissett for the first half of the season because there’s no way the league is giving Watson any less than an eight game suspension.

And I would personally like to see OBJ come to the Pats but I know the chances are slim to none.
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I wouldn't doubt OBJ going to Tampa for #12
And, really how can ya blame the man. A ral chance for a 2nd Ring. As of right now, I see the Bucs winning the Super Bowl. Too soon to make a real prediction but, I just see 12 goin out on top.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I’m calling the chargers and the rams in the superbowl for my 2nd gin and juice pre-training camp superbowl prediction lmao
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Hehehehe.....I hear ya SG89!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

N’keal harry traded to bears for a 7th. Bears gonna Bear.
Spydergirl88