Show your Bugs and Critters

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Makunochimaster

Re: Show your Bugs and Critters

Post by Makunochimaster »

Native 5 cpm-s110v G10. Native 5 cpm-s110v frn.
Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v. Dragonfly 2 zdp-189.
Delica 4 cts-204p limited. Cricket Nishijin blk vg10.
Urban n690co. Persistence s35vn lightweight.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Makunochimaster wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:07 am
So beautiful glowing in the light . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Giant Leaf-footed Bug
on the outside of my picture window last week,
more commonly known in this neck of the woods
as a stinkbug. (Take my word for it.)

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageThe dreaded stink bug ! I took this picture this afternoon. I chased it for a shot from plant to plant to get a shot . I’m not sure if butterfly or moth . Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageMy Bloke monument in landscaping . Dan :)
Henry David Thoreau
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Lol it’s Bloke!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
James Y

Post by James Y »

This morning as I was watering, there were at least 3 beautiful hummingbirds flitting about. But before I could even think about reaching for my phone in my pocket to maybe get a pic, they'd zip away. They seem to be attracted to the stream of water arcing through the air from the hose, something I've noticed in the past, too.

Jim
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

James Y wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:33 pm
This morning as I was watering, there were at least 3 beautiful hummingbirds flitting about. But before I could even think about reaching for my phone in my pocket to maybe get a pic, they'd zip away. They seem to be attracted to the stream of water arcing through the air from the hose, something I've noticed in the past, too.

Jim
We have 8 feeders so we have Hummingbird flybys all the time . They like to fly through our sprinklers too . They are to small to use a bird bath so they improvise! :winking-tongue . They are very difficult to get a good picture of them .
Henry David Thoreau
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Found this one on my driveway today. I know nothing about butterfly’s but i like this one. :grin-smiling-eyes
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

apollo wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:02 am

Found this one on my driveway today. I know nothing about butterfly’s but i like this one. :grin-smiling-eyes
I’m not sure what it is myself but Mad Mac is the expert . Maybe he will chime in . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Google has made us all experts.

The Chrome browser that I use has Google Lens

Looks like this may be a Peacock butterfly.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Mad Mac wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:00 am
Google has made us all experts.

The Chrome browser that I use has Google Lens

Looks like this may be a Peacock butterfly.
Thank you for assistance ! It’s a beauty . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I have a hummingbird feeder at my house on Cape Cod and it sees a lot of daily activity. I’ll have to get some good photos sometime but this will do for now at least.

Manixguy@1994 wrote: ImageThe dreaded stink bug ! I took this picture this afternoon. I chased it for a shot from plant to plant to get a shot . I’m not sure if butterfly or moth . Dan
That one looks like a Cabbage White Butterfly. I actually just let one go after it flew into the screen porch.

-Nick :bug-red
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Thank you , mystery solved .
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Took my oldest crab fishing for Blue Crab. Caught some interesting things including a puffer fish.

Found a local spot and with some Walmart traps and chicken dinner was served.

- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:13 pm
Took my oldest crab fishing for Blue Crab. Caught some interesting things including a puffer fish.

Found a local spot and with some Walmart traps and chicken dinner was served.

Sooooo did the Puffer help blow out birthday candles ? :zany
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Haha! Released that bad boy
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:18 pm
I think I read somewhere that you can eat a Puffer if you are good enough cleaning them to keep away from the toxic part of body . I don’t think I am brave ( crazy ) enough to try it myself. Years ago the the owner of the fish shop in town was moving a pair of Lionfish to another tank for a fish show . One of them stung him , they had to fly an antitoxin from University of Illinois to save his life.
Henry David Thoreau
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I watched a guy in Pensacola nonchalantly cleaning lion fish bare-handed. I thought maybe he ought to be more careful, but I guess he knew what he was doing. Dang things are exotic invasives and need to be over harvested with prejudice.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:59 am
JSumm wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:18 pm
I think I read somewhere that you can eat a Puffer if you are good enough cleaning them to keep away from the toxic part of body . I don’t think I am brave ( crazy ) enough to try it myself. Years ago the the owner of the fish shop in town was moving a pair of Lionfish to another tank for a fish show . One of them stung him , they had to fly an antitoxin from University of Illinois to save his life.
I wasn't going to take any chances. We opened the cage and let him go.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005