2022 M.L.B.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Manixguy@1994

Re: 2022 M.L.B.

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:40 pm
I hear ya, that offense needs some work. No consistency whatsoever!! Not only that, but nobody that really scares anybody, granted they do crank out the long ball, but their averages are...well, way below average!
Crutch and Yelish did come alive a bit last two games and that makes all the difference in the world for the Brews . Our starting rotation is a mess and our GM is setting us up for another rough year always going cheap to fill holes with our pitching staff , then the Managers take the hit . I think the Brews can lock it in once starters are back . A lot of games to go . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Dodgers in Atlanta tonight! Freddy back for the 1st time...

...don't hate me Paul! :zany
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageGranddaughter at game in St. Louis today . Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Man oh man oh man.........well yall have heard that Freddie fired his agent. And, rightfully so.
I had said all along that the very least ATL could've done was offered Freddie $150M for 5 years
- well, the last ATL offer was 5yr 140M ( unless I'm mistaken) & everyone says ATL would have bumped it to $150M had Freddie asked. But, he never got that chance as his greedy arse agent never told Freddie about the Braves final offer! Now, I also lay a lit blame on Freddy for not paying closer attention! He should've known better to than to have trusted his agent 100%!
Business is Business. The whole thing is just heartbreaking for Braves Country.....
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Looks like everyone dropped the ball . We blew a win to sweep last night in 9th inning with two out . I think Braves are up against us soon . Offense has not been too bad but pitching woes are keeping us on the edge .
Henry David Thoreau
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:47 pm
Man oh man oh man.........well yall have heard that Freddie fired his agent. And, rightfully so.
I had said all along that the very least ATL could've done was offered Freddie $150M for 5 years
- well, the last ATL offer was 5yr 140M ( unless I'm mistaken) & everyone says ATL would have bumped it to $150M had Freddie asked. But, he never got that chance as his greedy arse agent never told Freddie about the Braves final offer! Now, I also lay a lit blame on Freddy for not paying closer attention! He should've known better to than to have trusted his agent 100%!
Business is Business. The whole thing is just heartbreaking for Braves Country.....
Paul ,the whole thing gets more sad as time goes on. Don't think I ever witnessed that much adoration for another player that 1st night he returned...
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:44 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:47 pm
Paul ,the whole thing gets more sad as time goes on. Don't think I ever witnessed that much adoration for another player that 1st night he returned...
Gosh, I know Larry. It is.
But........Freddy will eventually come around to the Dodger Blue. Plus, he from around that area in Orange County if I'm not mistaken. It'll just take a little time.
You have a guy there that will always bat .300 and will never ever have any problems with. Helll Larry, Ill.never really understand why ATL front office or the GM just didn't pick up the phone and call Freddie agent be darned! All things considered Freeman is a generational player.......you just don't let those get away. And not even to mention no salary cap and the ATL ownership prolly the richest in baseball
It's just hard to fathom how they let Freddie get away.
I know you guys wont....
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Good to see Woodruff back and healthy for the Crew. 2 very solid outings in each of his starts since returning from the IL.

Let's go Phillies tonight!

Sorry Dan! :winking-tongue
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:26 pm
Good to see Woodruff back and healthy for the Crew. 2 very solid outings in each of his starts since returning from the IL.

Good one Rick ! We almost blew it yesterday after hitting four home runs in a row ! Braves are next it won’t be pretty ! I have a bad feeling. Dan
Henry David Thoreau
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Yes, Woodruff back and great is excellent news. We are back in the mix. Now, just get us a bat before the trade deadline. Please.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:26 pm

We were terrible offensively and crazy distractions during the game . Phillies looked good tonight.
Henry David Thoreau
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

cabfrank wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:34 pm
Yes, Woodruff back and great is excellent news. We are back in the mix. Now, just get us a bat before the trade deadline. Please.
Absolutely! Preferably someone that can get on base often, doesn't need to have crazy power. We've got a bunch of other guys for that, they just bat around. 245! Consistently scoring 5+ runs per game would certainly be a boost.

-Rick
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Paul the Cards are playing Braves tonight please be gentle . We are only running on 7 cylinders , I fear the worst . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I was sadly correct Paul . Braves are a well balanced team . Pitching is awesome .
Henry David Thoreau
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

The Braves are no joke lately, what a turn around from the beginning of the season for those guys! My neighbor is a Mets fan and he's terrified haha!

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:43 pm
I was sadly correct Paul . Braves are a well balanced team . Pitching is awesome .
Pardon the late reply, Dan. Yeah man, I would have to agree. Pitching really is doing it too.
But, ya know what Dan, I give a ton of credit to the Skipper. Snit is one heckuva manager.
I mean seriously, talk about someone paying their dues to manage in the Show. And, all that experience shows.
Btw, thinking of ATL pitching- I couldn't help.but remember from back in the 90's when Greg Maddux threw a78 pitch complete game......as they say, let that sink in....(and, I don't mean you Dan. - just saying that in general- I know you know how special that is- as does everyone in this thread) Maddux was a true Master.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:56 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:43 pm
Pardon the late reply, Dan. Yeah man, I would have to agree. Pitching really is doing it too.
But, ya know what Dan, I give a ton of credit to the Skipper. Snit is one heckuva manager.
I mean seriously, talk about someone paying their dues to manage in the Show. And, all that experience shows.
Btw, thinking of ATL pitching- I couldn't help.but remember from back in the 90's when Greg Maddux threw a78 pitch complete game......as they say, let that sink in....(and, I don't mean you Dan. - just saying that in general- I know you know how special that is- as does everyone in this thread) Maddux was a true Master.
No problem buddy . There Braves pitching lineup at that time was a machine. I remember that game , Maddox was a master at pitching . As he got older and velocity dropped off his accuracy around the plate was amazing. It was a definite blunder on the Cubs letting him go but I think he was also ready to make a move at that time . Another Brave pitcher who redefined himself was John Smoltz going from starter to stellar closer , he was a ton .
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Good gracious, Dan. Talk about pitching a gem - Scherzer was a man amongst boys tonight and showed Atlanta why New York is in 1st place.
Tell ya what man, when the ole blue eye & brown eye gets fired up 🔥- helll couldn't hit him...(although big props to Riley, he had one of 3 hits against Scherzer and it was a hime run in the bottom if the 7th)...I absolutely LOVE to watch Max Scherzer deal....same kind of thrill that Maddux, Smoltz and Glavine gave......no doubt, one of the Masters of Pitching and bound for the Hall.....
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Tonight's game got me to thinking about great pitchers. Great game tonight with Max Freid and Max Scherzer. They both gave "max" effort 😆
Anyways, it got me to thinking about the all time pitching greats and, I thought if you could take 2 pitchers into one..... the best of both - who would you combine for the ultimate pitcher. Just off the top of my head and I think it has an argument for the best would Nolan Ryan & Greg Maddux.
Just consider Ryan's speed and even more impressive stamina - coupled with the incredible control of Greg Maddux....that combo would seem almost un-hittable
benben

Post by benben »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:03 pm
Tonight's game got me to thinking about great pitchers. Great game tonight with Max Freid and Max Scherzer. They both gave "max" effort 😆
Anyways, it got me to thinking about the all time pitching greats and, I thought if you could take 2 pitchers into one..... the best of both - who would you combine for the ultimate pitcher. Just off the top of my head and I think it has an argument for the best would Nolan Ryan & Greg Maddux.
Just consider Ryan's speed and even more impressive stamina - coupled with the incredible control of Greg Maddux....that combo would seem almost un-hittable
This is a man's man right here! Kept playing after Bo Jackson hit him in the mouth on a come back! Old school baby!
DXXpzu9VQAAJyK5.jpg