Chris Reeve Knives

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
prndltech

Re: Chris Reeve Knives

Post by prndltech »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:37 am
cabfrank wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:28 pm
I guess so, but still holding strong.
I understand, I was pretty much strictly Spyderco for two years...until I started hanging around the "Others" thread. Also a dangerous place, the bad side of the neighborhood haha.
im sure sal would approve, if you were going to hang out with a neighborhood kid, might as well be CRK :zany
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Oh boy. They are coming. Insingo blade Sebenza with inlays and Magnacut. Website says 63-64RC.

- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

See these on the secondary market soon
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Oh boy...insingo with inlays!! I may have to part with one of my 31's for that combo!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

That looks nice, but wish they did Insingo with Magnacut on a regular also.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Yikes! Gonna be on the hunt for one of these!

I love that they finally added the Insingo option for wood inlays, too bad they don't allow the polished option. However, this seems promising for getting a Magnacut replacement blade.
Last edited by abbazaba on Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 6:34 am
Hey Shannon, I think I found something you may be interested in!

https://www.knifejoy.com/products/chris ... scus-knife
I should have bought that when I had the chance. Still looking for a combo like this
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Do you guys keep the convex edge or just sharpen it to regular edge when re sharpening?
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

As of lately I’ve been putting a convex edge on knives that didn’t come with them and I am thoroughly enjoying it, but if need to touch up I just use the sharpmaker. So initially, or if a full resharpening/repair is needed I go convex. Touch up/micro bevel with a sharpmaker. Works for me.

I don’t get the “zen” from sharpening. I want a shaving sharp knife as fast as possible so I use this and the sharpmaker for touch ups. They have become my go to sharpening tools for the last year or so? I wouldn’t change a thing. I never used the original style work sharp but this attachment makes it an absolute game changer. And yes, I have used it to restore and maintain CRK edges and it’s phenomenal.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I had a worksharp the kind for knives with the little slot/guide thing and I could never really get it to do what I wanted. I really like the kme if I need some serious sharpening to happen. I sharpened my dad’s chipped native the other day with just a pocket diamond plate “coarse” and i was cursing myself for not bringing something better lol
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I keep it for a bit, but eventually sharpen them to 15-17 dps. I get such cleaner cuts that way.

-Rick
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

prndltech wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:42 pm
As of lately I’ve been putting a convex edge on knives that didn’t come with them and I am thoroughly enjoying it, but if need to touch up I just use the sharpmaker. So initially, or if a full resharpening/repair is needed I go convex. Touch up/micro bevel with a sharpmaker. Works for me.

I don’t get the “zen” from sharpening. I want a shaving sharp knife as fast as possible so I use this and the sharpmaker for touch ups. They have become my go to sharpening tools for the last year or so? I wouldn’t change a thing. I never used the original style work sharp but this attachment makes it an absolute game changer. And yes, I have used it to restore and maintain CRK edges and it’s phenomenal.
`

LOL. I get yelled at whenever I mention an electric sharpening tool! I'm considering that very one, however. :shush
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

It looks like it would work, bit you'd have to be very careful. Just out of curiosity, how much is the set up?
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

prndltech wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:42 pm

Very nice. I'd really love to pick one of these up in due time.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Coastal wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:08 pm
LOL. I get yelled at whenever I mention an electric sharpening tool! I'm considering that very one, however. :shush
The majority probably haven’t used this set up. Sure it takes some getting used to but after a couple knives it’s so easy and it yields great results. It won’t overheat the knife. Don’t listen to them, get one for yourself and see. I love it. You can free hand sharpen anything with this, or darn near. It’s done every knife I’ve needed and made them sharper than new out of the box.
cabfrank wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:14 pm
It looks like it would work, bit you'd have to be very careful. Just out of curiosity, how much is the set up?
it works and works well and is very adjustable. After a couple knives you get the feel for it, If you don’t have the work sharp already (I didn’t, bought the whole thing from their website) it’s $199.95 and worth every penny. I think the attachment itself is half that or something I’m not sure. Their belts last, I haven’t and probably won’t try aftermarket ones.

It also makes reprofiling to a lower angle a breeze. As with everything, it’s not for everyone and YMMV. But it is definitely for me.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Gone but good to know it's happening...

https://recon1.com/product/chris-reeve- ... cut-blade/
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I'd love to swap that blade into my Box Elder handles!

-Rick
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

That's going to be a tough one to turn down.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Going to be getting rid of my special Spalted beech Mnandi with Chad Nichols raindrop….if anyone is interested here before I post it..
Josh
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Well, I finally joined the CRK club. I’ve been waiting on this one to come in stock for what seems like years. Y’all are not kidding about how nice they are! I might have the bug now, and A LOT less money.

Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”