Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
User avatar
JSumm
Member
Posts: 1904
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:59 pm
Location: North of Atlanta, GA USA

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby JSumm » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:28 am

Happy Birthday Robin! Or should we say Mr. N5 or Mr. Native5!

Throw a Native in your sock and strut your stuff today.
- Jeff
Let your feet be warm & dry, and your throats warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
**Current Pocket Hogs** Gayle Bradley 2, Pacific Salt LC200N, Caly 3.5 ZDP-189/420J2
MNOSD Member #0005

User avatar
Manixguy@1994
Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:12 pm
Location: Central Illinois

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Manixguy@1994 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:46 am

ImageHave a great day and if you don’t strut , dance a little. 0002
Living is temporary, believing is forever .
Vitiis nemo sine nascitur - Horace

User avatar
Fireman
Member
Posts: 1566
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:18 am

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Fireman » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:30 pm

Image
Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008
Image Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13

User avatar
Capt'n Boatsalot
Member
Posts: 555
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:50 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Capt'n Boatsalot » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:38 am

Image

Not sure what those vertical lines are doing in the photo. That's not how it looks in reality.

I also snagged one of Dr. Thomas' Knife Steel Nerds shirts in blue.
Last edited by Capt'n Boatsalot on Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
MNOSD member 0030

User avatar
JSumm
Member
Posts: 1904
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:59 pm
Location: North of Atlanta, GA USA

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby JSumm » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:51 am

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:38 am
Image

Not sure what those vertical lines are doing in the photo. That's not how it looks in reality.

I also snagged one of Dr. Thomas' Knife Steel Nerds shirts in blue.
Nice! It's funny you mentioned the vertical lines. I was thinking it look like one of those undershirts.
- Jeff
Let your feet be warm & dry, and your throats warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
**Current Pocket Hogs** Gayle Bradley 2, Pacific Salt LC200N, Caly 3.5 ZDP-189/420J2
MNOSD Member #0005

User avatar
Capt'n Boatsalot
Member
Posts: 555
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:50 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Capt'n Boatsalot » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:00 am

JSumm wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:51 am
Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:38 am
Image

Not sure what those vertical lines are doing in the photo. That's not how it looks in reality.

I also snagged one of Dr. Thomas' Knife Steel Nerds shirts in blue.
Nice! It's funny you mentioned the vertical lines. I was thinking it look like one of those undershirts.
Photography, especially self portraits, is not my strong suit. I hope that the Elites of the Order can forgive this shortcoming of mine!

Here is another photo of my illustrious shirt in use! Apologies for the crappy lighting and weird shadows. But lacking in vertical lines, so I will call it a win!

I'd take a photo outdoors but it's -15F out there, and I need a bit more coffee first!

Image
MNOSD member 0030

User avatar
JSumm
Member
Posts: 1904
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:59 pm
Location: North of Atlanta, GA USA

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby JSumm » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:03 am

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:00 am
I'd take a photo outdoors but it's -15F out there, and I need a bit more coffee first!
Please do not go outside. We can't lose any members right now.
- Jeff
Let your feet be warm & dry, and your throats warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
**Current Pocket Hogs** Gayle Bradley 2, Pacific Salt LC200N, Caly 3.5 ZDP-189/420J2
MNOSD Member #0005

User avatar
Manixguy@1994
Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:12 pm
Location: Central Illinois

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Manixguy@1994 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:11 am

JSumm wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:03 am
Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:00 am
I'd take a photo outdoors but it's -15F out there, and I need a bit more coffee first!
Please do not go outside. We can't lose any members right now.
Heatwave here at 2 above zero this morning. I like the color , I will look into a Nerd shirt , also want a Smock shirt too . 0002
Living is temporary, believing is forever .
Vitiis nemo sine nascitur - Horace

User avatar
Capt'n Boatsalot
Member
Posts: 555
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:50 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Capt'n Boatsalot » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:59 am

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:11 am
JSumm wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:03 am
Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:00 am
I'd take a photo outdoors but it's -15F out there, and I need a bit more coffee first!
Please do not go outside. We can't lose any members right now.
Heatwave here at 2 above zero this morning. I like the color , I will look into a Nerd shirt , also want a Smock shirt too . 0002
Full disclosure: I went out this morning. Had to purchase more socks. Needed additional padding for knife storage. Fortunately, I survived the temps.

User avatar
Manixguy@1994
Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:12 pm
Location: Central Illinois

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Manixguy@1994 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:17 am

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:59 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:11 am
JSumm wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:03 am
Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:00 am
I'd take a photo outdoors but it's -15F out there, and I need a bit more coffee first!
Please do not go outside. We can't lose any members right now.
Heatwave here at 2 above zero this morning. I like the color , I will look into a Nerd shirt , also want a Smock shirt too . 0002
Full disclosure: I went out this morning. Had to purchase more socks. Needed additional padding for knife storage. Fortunately, I survived the temps.
You can’t keep a guy from Iowa down ! Of course those Georgia guys are probably water skiing. 0002
Living is temporary, believing is forever .
Vitiis nemo sine nascitur - Horace

User avatar
JSumm
Member
Posts: 1904
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:59 pm
Location: North of Atlanta, GA USA

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby JSumm » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:23 pm

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:17 am
You can’t keep a guy from Iowa down ! Of course those Georgia guys are probably water skiing. 0002
I am not going anywhere near water right now. And it is actually a little worse. I was born and raised in Tampa,
Florida.
Last edited by JSumm on Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Jeff
Let your feet be warm & dry, and your throats warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
**Current Pocket Hogs** Gayle Bradley 2, Pacific Salt LC200N, Caly 3.5 ZDP-189/420J2
MNOSD Member #0005

User avatar
Manixguy@1994
Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:12 pm
Location: Central Illinois

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Manixguy@1994 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:36 pm

ImageChuckie got his shirt today! He has more knives than socks in his drawer . 0002
Living is temporary, believing is forever .
Vitiis nemo sine nascitur - Horace

User avatar
Manixguy@1994
Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:12 pm
Location: Central Illinois

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Manixguy@1994 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:39 pm

JSumm wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:23 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:17 am
You can’t keep a guy from Iowa down ! Of course those Georgia guys are probably water skiing. 0002
I am not going anywhere near water right now. And it is actually a little worse. I was born in raised in Tampa,
Florida.
Cool ! I spent a week at Long Boat Key years ago . Got there just in time for hurricane Elena . Fun ! 0002
Living is temporary, believing is forever .
Vitiis nemo sine nascitur - Horace

User avatar
JSumm
Member
Posts: 1904
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:59 pm
Location: North of Atlanta, GA USA

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby JSumm » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:40 pm

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:36 pm
Chuckie got his shirt today! He has more knives than socks in his drawer . 0002
Way to go Chuckie! Show that MNOSD Spyderco pride!
- Jeff
Let your feet be warm & dry, and your throats warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
**Current Pocket Hogs** Gayle Bradley 2, Pacific Salt LC200N, Caly 3.5 ZDP-189/420J2
MNOSD Member #0005

User avatar
Ramonade
Member
Posts: 1527
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:45 pm
Location: France

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Ramonade » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:51 pm

JSumm wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:28 am
Happy Birthday Robin! Or should we say Mr. N5 or Mr. Native5!

Throw a Native in your sock and strut your stuff today.
Thanks a lot ! The next native 5 should come in at the same time of my shirt and (mini) belt sander :cheap-sunglasses

I'll try not to throw the belt sander in the sock drawer, force of habit with tools.
:respect Owned :respect : S35VN, S45VN, S30V, S90V, S110V, Rex45, M4, SPY27, MagnaCut, 20CV, M390, K390, ZDP-189, Maxamet, CTS-BD1N, CTS-XHP, SRS13, CPM154, 154CM, LC200N, VG-10, D2, 12C27(+mod), 14C28N, 420HC, Nitrox, Victorinox's steel, 440C(and others), 8cr...., the end ?

Robin
. MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds

User avatar
DSH007
Member
Posts: 1266
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:49 pm
Location: Merrimac, MA

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby DSH007 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:15 pm

A fine addition to the sock drawer! :winking-tongue
Image

In all seriousness.. the "slate" t-shirt color makes a really nice backdrop for the logo Most Noble.. This shirt will be worn in public.. I may not explain it to people hahah.. but i'll be wearing it..
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..

User avatar
Manixguy@1994
Member
Posts: 3606
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:12 pm
Location: Central Illinois

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Manixguy@1994 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:34 pm

DSH007 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:15 pm
A fine addition to the sock drawer! :winking-tongue
Image

In all seriousness.. the "slate" t-shirt color makes a really nice backdrop for the logo Most Noble.. This shirt will be worn in public.. I may not explain it to people hahah.. but i'll be wearing it..
Great picture ! Color does look fantastic. 0002
Living is temporary, believing is forever .
Vitiis nemo sine nascitur - Horace

User avatar
JSumm
Member
Posts: 1904
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:59 pm
Location: North of Atlanta, GA USA

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby JSumm » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:23 pm

DSH007 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:15 pm
A fine addition to the sock drawer! :winking-tongue
Image

In all seriousness.. the "slate" t-shirt color makes a really nice backdrop for the logo Most Noble.. This shirt will be worn in public.. I may not explain it to people hahah.. but i'll be wearing it..
I almost got that color. I really like it. Nice knives.
- Jeff
Let your feet be warm & dry, and your throats warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
**Current Pocket Hogs** Gayle Bradley 2, Pacific Salt LC200N, Caly 3.5 ZDP-189/420J2
MNOSD Member #0005

SpyderLine
Member
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:38 pm

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby SpyderLine » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:41 pm

DSH007 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:15 pm
A fine addition to the sock drawer! :winking-tongue
Image

In all seriousness.. the "slate" t-shirt color makes a really nice backdrop for the logo Most Noble.. This shirt will be worn in public.. I may not explain it to people hahah.. but i'll be wearing it..
I'm loving all of the shirts guys! I was thinking that as well. That it'd be awfully hard to explain the meaning of the shirt to others lol.... heck it'd be hard enough to explain it to my fiance!
Current Top 3
Kapara, Native 5, Pacific Salt 2
M.N.O.S.D #0034

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
-Theodore Roosevelt

User avatar
Fireman
Member
Posts: 1566
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:18 am

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Fireman » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:47 pm

XL hoodie fits perfectly for a 6-1 240 lb guy. I could use maybe a XXL if this shrinks at all. It is nice.

Image
Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008
Image Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests