Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
User avatar
Fireman
Member
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:18 am

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Fireman » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:26 pm

Does anyone want to have custom socks made with the acronym or the artwork? I suggest a design that makes the sock look like the wings are making the sock look like it is flying so one wing is partially behind the sock.
Mule Team Six Image

User avatar
Manixguy@1994
Member
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:12 pm
Location: Central Illinois

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Manixguy@1994 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:33 pm

Fireman wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:26 pm
Does anyone want to have custom socks made with the acronym or the artwork? I suggest a design that makes the sock look like the wings are making the sock look like it is flying so one wing is partially behind the sock.
Might have potential, maybe a mock up needs to be discussed ? 0002
How much can a Koala bear ?
MNOSD member 0002

prndltech
Member
Posts: 1746
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:53 am
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby prndltech » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:46 pm

JSumm wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:37 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:52 pm
JSumm wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:02 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:32 am


That’ll a tall challenge! It would be cool to give him one at the upcoming BLADE show. First we would have to do undercover work to find his size . Anybody have an idea how this can be accomplished ? 0002
Maybe PM a moderator.
That was my thought too . Now we need someone intelligent, handsome, and very articulate. This rules me out ! 0002
Do we have a member going to Blade Show Texas? I will probably be at the Atlanta Show.
I didn’t think Spyderco was going to blade show Texas? Although I hope to be there… it’s only 3 hours north of me
- Shannon

MNOSD member 0006

User avatar
Fireman
Member
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:18 am

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Fireman » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:26 pm

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:33 pm
Fireman wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:26 pm
Does anyone want to have custom socks made with the acronym or the artwork? I suggest a design that makes the sock look like the wings are making the sock look like it is flying so one wing is partially behind the sock.
Might have potential, maybe a mock up needs to be discussed ? 0002

https://www.prosocks.com/pages/designla ... 4212683342

Here is a split design.
You can get them in different types of socks. I would want the over calf ones.
Mule Team Six Image

User avatar
Manixguy@1994
Member
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:12 pm
Location: Central Illinois

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Manixguy@1994 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:43 pm

Fireman wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:26 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:33 pm
Fireman wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:26 pm
Does anyone want to have custom socks made with the acronym or the artwork? I suggest a design that makes the sock look like the wings are making the sock look like it is flying so one wing is partially behind the sock.
Might have potential, maybe a mock up needs to be discussed ? 0002

https://www.prosocks.com/pages/designla ... 4212683342

Here is a split design.
You can get them in different types of socks. I would want the over calf ones.
Interesting ! 0002
How much can a Koala bear ?
MNOSD member 0002

User avatar
Bolster
Member
Posts: 3011
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: CalyFRNia

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Bolster » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:55 pm

Fireman wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:26 pm
Does anyone want to have custom socks made with the acronym or the artwork? I suggest a design that makes the sock look like the wings are making the sock look like it is flying so one wing is partially behind the sock.

What, like Mercury's foot? Like the FTD florist?

Image

Image

Image
Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. "A good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the uncertain vagaries of life." -- Corb Lund

User avatar
Fireman
Member
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:18 am

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Fireman » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:09 am

Yes, that is exactly what I had in mind.
Use the millie blade wings but put the left wing behind the sock. It would kinda look like a sports team logo lol.
Mule Team Six Image

User avatar
Manixguy@1994
Member
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:12 pm
Location: Central Illinois

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Manixguy@1994 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:42 am

Would it have the order initials ? 0002
How much can a Koala bear ?
MNOSD member 0002

VashHash
Member
Posts: 4566
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: Louisiana

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby VashHash » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:59 am

So I keep my knives in drawers and sometimes I throw a pair of socks on top of the drawers. Does this count? Also I've put my knives in socks to transport them because I don't have cases. So I'm a "shoe in" right?

User avatar
Manixguy@1994
Member
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:12 pm
Location: Central Illinois

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Manixguy@1994 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:32 am

VashHash wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:59 am
So I keep my knives in drawers and sometimes I throw a pair of socks on top of the drawers. Does this count? Also I've put my knives in socks to transport them because I don't have cases. So I'm a "shoe in" right?
Welllll …… you will have to pass an extensive background check to see if you have ever been involved in knife / sock abuse . If you clear that hurdle it will be up to 0005 . 0002
How much can a Koala bear ?
MNOSD member 0002

User avatar
JRinFL
Member
Posts: 3444
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:30 am
Location: Unfashionable West End of the Galaxy

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby JRinFL » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:36 am

I ordered more MNOSD swag while it was still on sale. :bug-white-red
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill Not every choiless knife needs a choil, not every knife with a choil needs it removed. Not every big knife needs a Lil' companion. Most Nobel Order of the Sock Drawer - Member 0001 The Knight who says NO
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes. Used to be JR in CT with a much earlier join date.

User avatar
JSumm
Member
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:59 pm
Location: North of Atlanta, GA USA

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby JSumm » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:07 pm

VashHash wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:59 am
So I keep my knives in drawers and sometimes I throw a pair of socks on top of the drawers. Does this count? Also I've put my knives in socks to transport them because I don't have cases. So I'm a "shoe in" right?
Polyester is ok.
Cotton is better.
Wool is the best.
Welcome our newest member.

Your # is 0039! Cherish this my friend. Few things this fine come in life.
- Jeff
Current Pocket Hogs: Endela (K390/20CV) versions, Native 5 (SPY27), Manix 2 LW (SPY27)
Current Favorite Designs: Kapara, Rock Jumper, Endura/Endela Family
*Subject to change at owners discretion.
MNOSD Member 0005

Kevinim82
Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:04 pm

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Kevinim82 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:21 pm

I have a question on membership.

What happens to a members status when knives leave the sock drawer? Let’s say one knaf at a time is taken out, and dare say used? (This must be the lowest level of membership right?)

Are we all low tier members?
Currently carrying Maxcarta PM2.

Let your feet be warm & dry, and your throats warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band!

MNOSD 009

User avatar
Manixguy@1994
Member
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:12 pm
Location: Central Illinois

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Manixguy@1994 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:03 pm

Kevinim82 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:21 pm
I have a question on membership.

What happens to a members status when knives leave the sock drawer? Let’s say one knaf at a time is taken out, and dare say used? (This must be the lowest level of membership right?)

Are we all low tier members?
No tiers here . Simple solution , put a extra knife in to replace the one you take out . Your drawer will never know the difference. We run a serious operation here , trick questions put a lot of pressure on me . ;) Never the less it is Friday and I will make an exception. 0002
How much can a Koala bear ?
MNOSD member 0002

User avatar
Manixguy@1994
Member
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:12 pm
Location: Central Illinois

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Manixguy@1994 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:08 pm

JRinFL wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:36 am
I ordered more MNOSD swag while it was still on sale. :bug-white-red
I got the email too . Since I ordered two T-shirts, I want to wait to see how they fit . I ordered two different styles . I expect since we are on their mailing list more specials will follow . Hope your hand is doing better .Just got back from hospital few minutes ago . My wife had surgery on her hand , doing good . 0002
How much can a Koala bear ?
MNOSD member 0002

User avatar
JRinFL
Member
Posts: 3444
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:30 am
Location: Unfashionable West End of the Galaxy

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby JRinFL » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:11 pm

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:08 pm
JRinFL wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:36 am
I ordered more MNOSD swag while it was still on sale. :bug-white-red
I got the email too . Since I ordered two T-shirts, I want to wait to see how they fit . I ordered two different styles . I expect since we are on their mailing list more specials will follow . Hope your hand is doing better .Just got back from hospital few minutes ago . My wife had surgery on her hand , doing good . 0002
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Carpel Tunnel repair? Glad she is doing well.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill Not every choiless knife needs a choil, not every knife with a choil needs it removed. Not every big knife needs a Lil' companion. Most Nobel Order of the Sock Drawer - Member 0001 The Knight who says NO
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes. Used to be JR in CT with a much earlier join date.

User avatar
Manixguy@1994
Member
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:12 pm
Location: Central Illinois

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Manixguy@1994 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:32 pm

JRinFL wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:11 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:08 pm
JRinFL wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:36 am
I ordered more MNOSD swag while it was still on sale. :bug-white-red
I got the email too . Since I ordered two T-shirts, I want to wait to see how they fit . I ordered two different styles . I expect since we are on their mailing list more specials will follow . Hope your hand is doing better .Just got back from hospital few minutes ago . My wife had surgery on her hand , doing good . 0002
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Carpel Tunnel repair? Glad she is doing well.
Actually wife has had that surgery twice in both hands . She had surgery for trigger thumb , they did other hand last year . She is a landscaper so it’s from operating weed eaters , mowing , and pruning . Thumb catches and locks up and painful at times . It’s a minor quick surgery just wasn’t thrilled going to hospital today . They are at full capacity. 0002
How much can a Koala bear ?
MNOSD member 0002

User avatar
Manixguy@1994
Member
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:12 pm
Location: Central Illinois

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby Manixguy@1994 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:37 pm

Fireman wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:09 am
Yes, that is exactly what I had in mind.
Use the millie blade wings but put the left wing behind the sock. It would kinda look like a sports team logo lol.
Once again geniuses at work ! What about a hat with initials and knife or socks on each side ? 0002,
How much can a Koala bear ?
MNOSD member 0002

User avatar
JRinFL
Member
Posts: 3444
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:30 am
Location: Unfashionable West End of the Galaxy

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby JRinFL » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:38 pm

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:32 pm
JRinFL wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:11 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:08 pm
JRinFL wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:36 am
I ordered more MNOSD swag while it was still on sale. :bug-white-red
I got the email too . Since I ordered two T-shirts, I want to wait to see how they fit . I ordered two different styles . I expect since we are on their mailing list more specials will follow . Hope your hand is doing better .Just got back from hospital few minutes ago . My wife had surgery on her hand , doing good . 0002
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Carpel Tunnel repair? Glad she is doing well.
Actually wife has had that surgery twice in both hands . She had surgery for trigger thumb , they did other hand last year . She is a landscaper so it’s from operating weed eaters , mowing , and pruning . Thumb catches and locks up and painful at times . It’s a minor quick surgery just wasn’t thrilled going to hospital today . They are at full capacity. 0002
Send her my well wishes.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill Not every choiless knife needs a choil, not every knife with a choil needs it removed. Not every big knife needs a Lil' companion. Most Nobel Order of the Sock Drawer - Member 0001 The Knight who says NO
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes. Used to be JR in CT with a much earlier join date.

User avatar
JSumm
Member
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:59 pm
Location: North of Atlanta, GA USA

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Postby JSumm » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:50 pm

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:08 pm
JRinFL wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:36 am
I ordered more MNOSD swag while it was still on sale. :bug-white-red
I got the email too . Since I ordered two T-shirts, I want to wait to see how they fit . I ordered two different styles . I expect since we are on their mailing list more specials will follow . Hope your hand is doing better .Just got back from hospital few minutes ago . My wife had surgery on her hand , doing good . 0002
Man, we need to hold a vigil to keep you away from the hospital. Glad she is doing well!
- Jeff
Current Pocket Hogs: Endela (K390/20CV) versions, Native 5 (SPY27), Manix 2 LW (SPY27)
Current Favorite Designs: Kapara, Rock Jumper, Endura/Endela Family
*Subject to change at owners discretion.
MNOSD Member 0005


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests