What "Other" is in your pocket???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SG89

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Post by SG89 »

They have the Bailout but it's tanto
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

abbazaba wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:00 am
Looks great! I've been tempted by this one as well, but keep hoping a F95 SLIM pops up. Hoping to hear a long term review from you some day!
Thanks! If I don't sell it for an F3NS eventually I'll be glad to do a long term review, here.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:22 am
MKT Fat Daddy
Check out the different colors in each of the Six Gun Pivot....
A better pic below
Van Gogh Starry Starry Night
Wow, that ano pattern is incredible!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

The Meat man wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:35 pm
abbazaba wrote:
Looks great! I've been tempted by this one as well, but keep hoping a F95 SLIM pops up. Hoping to hear a long term review from you some day!
Thanks! If I don't sell it for an F3NS eventually I'll be glad to do a long term review, here.
So, I said my Neon wouldn't be my only Shiro...well, I just added a micarta F3 to my collection. It is incredible! With that said, it's much more of a simple, utilitarian/hard use design than your gorgeous Quantum. It has Elmax steel, and doesn't have all the refined details that the Quantum has. Hence the price difference. I don't think I'd prefer one over the other, though. I want both! One for harder use, the other to baby and gaze at lovingly. :p

I'll post pics of the F3 tomorrow.
- Julia

The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:42 pm
The Meat man wrote:
abbazaba wrote:
So, I said my Neon wouldn't be my only Shiro...well, I just added a micarta F3 to my collection. It is incredible! With that said, it's much more of a simple, utilitarian/hard use design than your gorgeous Quantum. It has Elmax steel, and doesn't have all the refined details that the Quantum has. Hence the price difference. I don't think I'd prefer one over the other, though. I want both! One for harder use, the other to baby and gaze at lovingly. :p

I love the F95/F3/Hati blade design. So perfectly utilitarian. Also I have no problem with Elmax, but I think all the Elmax models come with the SRBS instead of the MRBS; and since the big thing about Shiros is the frictionless action, I figured I might as well try the best. :) Although I'm sure the SRBS is super smooth, too.

I had been eyeing a Hation Zero, but I think it might be a tad small for me (XL hand). Was going to maybe order a F3NS from Knife Center, but then I saw it was pre-order and not add to cart. Plus it was about $900. :eek:

They are crazy expensive, and only by selling off a bunch of knives did I even consider it...still, there's something special about Shirogorov knives and I think I can say that even if I don't keep this Quantum (and don't get me wrong, I really really like it!), I will most certainly try to keep a Shiro in my collection.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:33 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:22 am
MKT Fat Daddy
Check out the different colors in each of the Six Gun Pivot....
A better pic below
Van Gogh Starry Starry Night
Wow, that ano pattern is incredible!
Thank you, Julia!
It's my favorite......Van Gogh 's Starry Starry Night :)
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

7CE80F3E-02BF-4B66-94B9-2E5646A3178E.jpeg
przemekspce

Post by przemekspce »

:bug-red-white Instagram: przemekspce :bug-red
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

Hinderer Firetac, new to me from a good deal on BF.

Almost can't believe I actually own a Hinderer now - when I started getting into knives around ~2010, CRK, Strider, and Hinderer always seemed like the big three high-end production companies everyone talked about.

Now 11 years later I've tried them all...just a little late but it still feels good to close out, haha :D
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

The Meat man wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:06 pm
JuPaul wrote:
The Meat man wrote:
abbazaba wrote:

I love the F95/F3/Hati blade design. So perfectly utilitarian. Also I have no problem with Elmax, but I think all the Elmax models come with the SRBS instead of the MRBS; and since the big thing about Shiros is the frictionless action, I figured I might as well try the best. :) Although I'm sure the SRBS is super smooth, too.

I had been eyeing a Hation Zero, but I think it might be a tad small for me (XL hand). Was going to maybe order a F3NS from Knife Center, but then I saw it was pre-order and not add to cart. Plus it was about $900. :eek:

They are crazy expensive, and only by selling off a bunch of knives did I even consider it...still, there's something special about Shirogorov knives and I think I can say that even if I don't keep this Quantum (and don't get me wrong, I really really like it!), I will most certainly try to keep a Shiro in my collection.
Oddly enough, my first Shiro (the Neon NL) has the MRBS even though it's an Elmax "base model". The F3 is the SRBS, though. But to tell you the truth, I don't see much difference between the two. I'd describe both as perfect! The F3 blade doesn't drop shut, it floats shut! The Neon requires a little jiggle to drop it. Of course the F3 has a much heavier blade, so it's hard to compare. But both snap open so smoothly, crisply, and easily. The F3 has more contoured scales, so it's more hand-filling. It also has a well-executed liner lock, rather than a frame lock. I'm so in love with both of them, it's silly. I really can't find a flaw with these knives.
- Julia

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Very nice Julia! This is the next brand on my list of "must have at least one"
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:54 am
Rick I think you'd love this micarta F3! It's right up your alley, and it's one of the more affordable big Shiros (of course that is very, very relative ;) ). The contouring and the micarta are just how we like them and the ffg blade gets very thin bte. Super slicey.

Edit to add: I just wanted to show one of the little details that make these knives so perfect. Every aspect is so well thought-out. See how the pocket clip is rounded? No hot spots, just rolls into youf hand.
- Julia

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:58 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:54 am
Rick I think you'd love this micarta F3! It's right up your alley, and it's one of the more affordable big Shiros (of course that is very, very relative ;) ). The contouring and the micarta are just how we like them and the ffg blade gets very thin bte. Super slicey.
Hahaha, these days...what's too much to spend the way a bunch of us have been going in this thread :p

It's funny, I love some of these very expensive knives and know that I likely won't be thrashing them around with warehouse work (unless they have a stonewashed finish that doesn't show blemishes) Not that I mind scratches...just not on knives that cost $300+

Besides work, I don't really use my knives all that often since we don't have a camper anymore. But, the knife nerd in me still NEEDS to try all these awesome brands!

Just saw you added that photo...it's the subtle little things like that, that people don't realize or care would make a knife more expensive but also more comfortable in hand! Those handle scales and clip look great! Nice photo to show off those traits :)

-Rick
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

192D5475-9AC4-46C5-962C-4C0987BF8467.jpeg
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

-Rick
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Made it auto Friday.
Josh
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Fat Daddy Friday :D
Although, the bottom pic is an H, not a Fat Daddy
Makunochimaster

Post by Makunochimaster »

ZT-0357-razborka (1).jpg
ZT-0357-razborka (4).jpg
ZT-0357-razborka (8).jpg
ZT-0357-razborka (17).jpg
ZT-0357-razborka (19).jpg
Native 5 cpm-s110v G10. Native 5 cpm-s110v frn.
Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v. Dragonfly 2 zdp-189.
Delica 4 cts-204p limited. Cricket Nishijin blk vg10.
Urban n690co. Persistence s35vn lightweight.
kobold

Post by kobold »

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:50 am
The Meat man wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:06 pm
JuPaul wrote:
The Meat man wrote:

Oddly enough, my first Shiro (the Neon NL) has the MRBS even though it's an Elmax "base model". The F3 is the SRBS, though. But to tell you the truth, I don't see much difference between the two. I'd describe both as perfect! The F3 blade doesn't drop shut, it floats shut! The Neon requires a little jiggle to drop it. Of course the F3 has a much heavier blade, so it's hard to compare. But both snap open so smoothly, crisply, and easily. The F3 has more contoured scales, so it's more hand-filling. It also has a well-executed liner lock, rather than a frame lock. I'm so in love with both of them, it's silly. I really can't find a flaw with these knives.

^^
Truly stunning. And I thought I will run out of good knives to buy. :rolleyes:

This Chief arrived today. A perfect copy.

Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Nothing but "others" today.

- Connor