NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:52 am
Surprisingly, I’ve been having a decent season and averaging 7/12 games on the year so far (A little under 60% or so). I personally think many of these games have been relatively predictable, but the past two weeks have had some unexpected results.

On the Browns vs Steeler’s, this is a tough one to predict for a few reasons. It’s a divisional matchup and both teams absolutely need this win, so they’ll both be playing hard! The Browns have more talent on their roster but are way out matched in the coaching department. Steelers are trying to salvage their season and on a good win streak right now! I think they’re going to carry that momentum into this game and take the win.

Also JD, after all the crap you’ve talked about Carson Wentz this season, I’m genuinely curious how you think he’s going to beat the Patriots?
Excuse me :confused: Everything I said relating to Carson Wentz is not baseless. Anyone who is an ardent Eagles fan will tell you that they expected far more than what they've got so far in this season from that mega draft pick. I still say that Foles is a better QB and I won't back off of that one either.

And who knows maybe he might prove me wrong> we've got about a half of the season yet to go.

But I did pick him and his team on one of my upsets for week #11. Wentz has laid and egg more than once this season and you know it too ;)

I think that the Steelers D along with Rudolph continuing to improve will win the Thursday night game. I am however re-thinking my criticism of Mayfield. Because after listening to Cris Carter and one local sports guy here in KC I'm now going to put at least 80% of the blame on the coaching staff of the Browns. They must have had kitty litter and apple butter for brains when they picked Kitchens instead of a wide selection of really good head coach candidates. Oh well we'll see in the next five days who is more lucky with their picks. But Cleveland needs to dump that dunce ASAP.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:40 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Surprisingly, I’ve been having a decent season and averaging 7/12 games on the year so far (A little under 60% or so). I personally think many of these games have been relatively predictable, but the past two weeks have had some unexpected results.

On the Browns vs Steeler’s, this is a tough one to predict for a few reasons. It’s a divisional matchup and both teams absolutely need this win, so they’ll both be playing hard! The Browns have more talent on their roster but are way out matched in the coaching department. Steelers are trying to salvage their season and on a good win streak right now! I think they’re going to carry that momentum into this game and take the win.

Also JD, after all the crap you’ve talked about Carson Wentz this season, I’m genuinely curious how you think he’s going to beat the Patriots?
Excuse me :confused: Everything I said relating to Carson Wentz is not baseless. Anyone who is an ardent Eagles fan will tell you that they expected far more than what they've got so far in this season from that mega draft pick. I still say that Foles is a better QB and I won't back off of that one either.

And who knows maybe he might prove me wrong> we've got about a half of the season yet to go.

But I did pick him and his team on one of my upsets for week #11. Wentz has laid and egg more than once this season and you know it too ;)

I think that the Steelers D along with Rudolph continuing to improve will win the Thursday night game. I am however re-thinking my criticism of Mayfield. Because after listening to Cris Carter and one local sports guy here in KC I'm now going to put at least 80% of the blame on the coaching staff of the Browns. They must have had kitty litter and apple butter for brains when they picked Kitchens instead of a wide selection of really good head coach candidates. Oh well we'll see in the next five days who is more lucky with their picks. But Cleveland needs to dump that dunce ASAP.
I very much agree with most everything you've said about Carson Wentz! I also think he's been very overrated in his career so far, which is why I'm a little confused that you have enough confidence in him to beat the Patriots this weekend.

We're also on the same page about the Browns. Freddie Kitchens needs to go ASAP because he is obviously overwhelmed as a head coach. Baker Mayfield has a lot of potential but he's being setup to fail with the coaching around him. I think they should've have given the Head Coach job to Greg Williams at the end of last season. He just seems like he couldve controlled the locker room better than Freddie Kitchens is currently doing.
-Nick :bug-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:25 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:40 pm
Mushroom wrote:

I very much agree with most everything you've said about Carson Wentz! I also think he's been very overrated in his career so far, which is why I'm a little confused that you have enough confidence in him to beat the Patriots this weekend.

We're also on the same page about the Browns. Freddie Kitchens needs to go ASAP because he is obviously overwhelmed as a head coach. Baker Mayfield has a lot of potential but he's being setup to fail with the coaching around him. I think they should've have given the Head Coach job to Greg Williams at the end of last season. He just seems like he couldve controlled the locker room better than Freddie Kitchens is currently doing.
Well Brother I can't disagree with anything you said there. My pick of the Eagles over the Pats is one of my two upset predictions. I was actually tempted last week to take the Falcons over the Saints but I've eaten so much crow this season that I didn't want a double decker sandwich>> but now it would have looked like I was a genius :D I'm also picking the Falcons this next week over the Panthers as an upset as well. But at this point I guess it's fair to say that the Cowboys are a long shot the way they've been playing. I do think that Jerry Jones is one bad loss away from giving Jason Garrett the boot>> and it won't be pretty either. With Jerry's ego the size of the Grand Canyon I'm surprised he's let it go on this long. But if I go 5 out of 7 like I did in week #9 I'll be pleased.

I just got a hunch that Phillie's defense will rise to the occasion. But we'll know come Sunday Night> Actually I wish I was really good at picking them. This working for a living is a real grind sometimes :D :D

Now you've just got to admit that this has been the toughest season to predict in recent memory>> nor has there ever been a season in which so many Rookie and Back UP QBs have stole the spotlight. If so then what year was it?>>right there isn't any in recent memory.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Here are my picks:
Browns
Bills
Vikings
Jets
Buccaneers (my upset of the week pick)
Ravens
49ers
Panthers
Raiders
Patriots
Jaguars
Cowboys
Chiefs
Bears
Last edited by SG89 on Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:36 pm
Here are my picks:
Browns
Bills
Vikings
Jets
Buccaneers (my upset of the week pick)
Ravens
49ers
Panthers
Raiders
Patriots
Jaguars
Cowboys
Chiefs
Bears
If the Browns beat the Steelers tonight I'll be shocked. Because it appears the Steelers are on a roll at this time. I'm amazed at how well Mike Tomlin has done in spite of the set backs he's had to deal with in the past few months. I don't look for the Browns to even win 2 more games this season. And the Chiefs better run the table if they want to win the AFC West. The Raiders are much improved and could pull it off if people don't take them seriously. Jon Gruden has actually turned the team around quicker than I thought he would.

OK let week#11 begin :)
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I really wouldn't be surprised if the Browns beat the Steelers tonight. Other than coaching, the Browns have a much better roster right now. These divisional games are always dogfights though and both teams will be playing very hard tonight.

I predicted the Steelers to win tonight, but I would much rather see the Browns win. :D

The Browns can absolutely win more than two more games this season! They still have to play the Bengals twice, which should be two easy wins for them. On top of those two games, the rest of their upcoming schedule doesn't look all that challenging, so it could come down to the Steelers and Browns competing for a wild card spot!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

What a wild game!
Spydergirl88
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Help! I’m trapped in an alternate universe! The Browns are beating the Steelers. In my universe, the Browns only raison detre is to be a team every other team beats...kinda like the Bengals and Falcons.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Unfreakinbelievable!!!
MINIMUM, GARRETT SHOULD BE SUSPENEDED FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR! AND A $500,000 DOLLARE FINE.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I've NEVER saw ANYTHING like what Garrett did to Rudolph.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Another thing, Ogunjobi should be suspended a minimum of 6 games for his little stunt too.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Pouncey will probably get suspended a game or 2 for kicking and punching Garrett while trying to defend Rudolph.
Spydergirl88
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Even when the Browns win, they lose...
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:53 pm
Pouncey will probably get suspended a game or 2 for kicking and punching Garrett while trying to defend Rudolph.
Dont think he will!
He should only be suspended if he didn't do that.
Seriously, they wont hold that against Pouncey.
Much RESPECT for Pouncey.
Anyone wouldve done what he did.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Not to even mention that the Browns played dirty all night.
Multiple targeting calls.
Its evident Freddy Kitchens does not have control of that team
SG89

Post by SG89 »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:58 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Dont think he will!
I am on Pouncey's side but you know how Roger Goodell loves to give out unfair and inconsistent suspensions...
Spydergirl88
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

UNBELIEVABLE!!! :eek:

Forget a suspension, Myles Garret should be facing jail time! I had so much respect for him too, he was one of my favorite players on that team. Well, after that BS I have lost pretty much all respect for him.

Count me on Maurkice Pounceys side too! I'm glad he defended his quarterback, I just think its too bad Myles Garret had a helmet on for the head kick... :rolleyes:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:07 am
MacLaren wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:58 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Dont think he will!
I am on Pouncey's side but you know how Roger Goodell loves to give out unfair and inconsistent suspensions...
Oh, of course. And, yes Goodell does.
But, I really do believe the backlash and support will be profound for Pouncey, that even Goodell, wont dare touch him
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:58 am
UNBELIEVABLE!!! :eek:

Forget a suspension, Myles Garret should be facing jail time! I had so much respect for him too, he was one of my favorite players on that team. Well, after that BS I have lost pretty much all respect for him.

Count me on Maurkice Pounceys side too! I'm glad he defended his quarterback, I just think its too bad Myles Garret had a helmet on for the head kick... :rolleyes:
Your absolutely right.
Can you even imagine what wouldve happened had Garrett hit Rudolph on the head , with the crown of that helmet ?
It may have killed him. Those helmets are very heavy and extremely hard. A real lethal weapon in someone like Garrett's hands.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:54 pm
Even when the Browns win, they lose...
Ya know, you really summed it up well with that quote.

Edit..

Also, you are correct in that Pouncey will get suspended.
Although, I really thought there might be a chance that he wouldn't. If I were the Commish, I'd give Pouncey a medal lol.