What "Other" is in your pocket???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
VashHash

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Post by VashHash »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:07 pm
VashHash wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 11:54 am
It's a fantastic throwing knife too.
Very cool that you actually use yours.
So many are just put away in the safe
Especially one like yours.
Gotta live a little. Luckily I have 2. I almost picked one up off the exchange a while back but figured I didn't need that many.

I've thrown my ASHBM a bit too. Actually knocked the scale a little from a bad toss.

The native 5 throws pretty well for a folder.

I mean I've seen guys on the busse forums batoning with $2000+ custom shop knives.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

VashHash wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:19 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:07 pm
VashHash wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 11:54 am
It's a fantastic throwing knife too.
Very cool that you actually use yours.
So many are just put away in the safe
Especially one like yours.
Gotta live a little. Luckily I have 2. I almost picked one up off the exchange a while back but figured I didn't need that many.

I've thrown my ASHBM a bit too. Actually knocked the scale a little from a bad toss.

The native 5 throws pretty well for a folder.

I mean I've seen guys on the busse forums batoning with $2000+ custom shop knives.
Lol, yes some do baton with those Custom Shop knives.
I think its great. I wouldnt mind being able to snag a FMV8 sometime. A 14 would be nice too.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

XM-18 3.5” Skinny Slicer with Black Cotton Micarta Skinny Scale, posing on some of my petrified wood collection.
Josh
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Used the amazing CS Tuff Lite folding utility knife, To change both gas igniters (main oven and infrared broiler)in our Dynasty oven. What a useful little tool!

James
Attachments
2019-05-19 17.29.27.jpg
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Extra330SC wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:03 pm

Thanks for the detailed information and pictures. I had the Bark River on my radar along with the LT Wright Genesis! Of course the BK62 was released recently...so I was leaning towards the Ka-bar for my first Kephart style knife. I'm not going to use it close to hard enough where I would need 4V. What do you think of the stock sheath that comes with the 62? Thanks again for the detailed response!

James
The BK62 sheath is decent. It is a made in the USA leather sheath and while it isn’t amazing it is way better than the stock made in Mexico leather sheaths that come with the standard Kabars. It is wet formed to the BK62 and holds it nice and secure.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:21 am
Extra330SC wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:03 pm

Thanks for the detailed information and pictures. I had the Bark River on my radar along with the LT Wright Genesis! Of course the BK62 was released recently...so I was leaning towards the Ka-bar for my first Kephart style knife. I'm not going to use it close to hard enough where I would need 4V. What do you think of the stock sheath that comes with the 62? Thanks again for the detailed response!

James
The BK62 sheath is decent. It is a made in the USA leather sheath and while it isn’t amazing it is way better than the stock made in Mexico leather sheaths that come with the standard Kabars. It is wet formed to the BK62 and holds it nice and secure.
Thank you ! I'll use the stock sheath and probably have my wife wet form a custom designed version with kydex insert! Looking forward to getting the BK62 ....

James
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Extra330SC wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 6:30 pm
Used the amazing CS Tuff Lite folding utility knife, To change both gas igniters (main oven and infrared broiler)in our Dynasty oven. What a useful little tool!

James

I like it too, but the clip is on the wrong bloody end. Being small, I like a fob on it to lengthen the grip, but putting in the pocket with a fob tip down is awkward. Same with the Cricket. It's what keeps me from carrying these.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Jazz wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:29 am
Extra330SC wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 6:30 pm

James

I like it too, but the clip is on the wrong bloody end. Being small, I like a fob on it to lengthen the grip, but putting in the pocket with a fob tip down is awkward. Same with the Cricket. It's what keeps me from carrying these.
I changed the clip to left hand carry so the blade is up against the side of my right front pocket. It doesn't bother the ergos as a righthand user ...that being said ...I've bought a few of these to leave in kitchen drawer, Toolbox, Utility bag, Etc. A lot of the times when working around the house I just throw it in an open pocket .

James
Attachments
2019-05-20 10.11.41.jpg
2019-05-20 10.11.28.jpg
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

'87 Dogleg Teardrop Jack by Winchester (Queen).

I'm enamored by the Rogers jigging on these black box Winchesters (and all Rogers jigging). Even in a boring dark brown color, this jigging just makes me smile.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
ferider

Post by ferider »

While I feel a little guilty that it's not a Spydie, after a month of use, I still think this is the perfect knife for me. Love this beast.

knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Just came in. Aqua blue camel bone. I'm more than impressed. This is one of the best GEC runs in the past couple of years. There is nothing wrong with this, even if I get nitpicking. 5-6 pull with loud, strong snap, perfect fit. It is just so so nice. It is svelte yet surprisingly beefy. Classy but a worker.

Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
alfredoperez

Post by alfredoperez »

I always bring with me my Navaja Exposito Joyita.. I'm an spanish classic one I guess :D
Knives my passion, Spyderco my brand, https://www.cuchilleriabarcelona.com my life
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

$0.98 at lowes.

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Hahaha, something that would work just fine for just about all of us. But what's the fun in that!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Right now a Vic Swisstool. It pairs up nicely with my Spyderco carries.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I really don’t need another knife ever. This is perfection in my opinion. It’s the only knife I carry now a days, day in and day out. And strawberries are almost off!!! Woohoo.
Josh
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Great Eastern Cutlery #82 Possum Skinner Northfield in Elderberry Jigged Bone. Possibly the perfect two blade pocket knife.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

^ That’s beautiful Michael!
Josh
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I agree
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

MichaelScott wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 11:46 am

Great Eastern Cutlery #82 Possum Skinner Northfield in Elderberry Jigged Bone. Possibly the perfect two blade pocket knife.
Michael, do you not touch up or sharpen the edges on your GEC's when you get them? I can stand their edges, though they work well enough.

Also, I'm envious. I should have purchased the elderberry Possum Skinner to match my elderberry Dixie Stockman. Instead, I've just got the micarta.