Training Partners in NorCal Bay Area

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Spinchoke

Training Partners in NorCal Bay Area

Post by Spinchoke »

I recently attended Phase 1,2, and CBC seminar in Colorado. I am excited about practicing and drilling what I learned. I am looking for a training partner(s) in the East Bay. I live in Walnut Creek, but will travel a reasonable distance. I can be contacted at 925-518-4801 or leave a message on the forum.

Thanks,

Barry A.
Joe Talmadge

Post by Joe Talmadge »

My buddies and I train in a park during the week, usually Wednesday around lunchtime in Santa Clara. If you're in the south bay and can slip out around lunch, we can often accomodate another training partner. We usually train forward grip, techniques very much like MBC but more aggressive targeting (you can target how you'd like, though), and pakal. We pick some drills based on whatever we want to do that day (someone will say, "I'm having trouble with X" and we'll work on that), and then sparring or whatever.

Alternatively, I'm always looking for more folks to take kali ilustrisimo with me. It is nothing like MBC, but nevertheless it is a fantastic knife defense system. You'd need to take some privates with the instructor to catch up (or we can work on it for free if you can make the sessions in the park), then we could take semi-privates to offset the course. The instructor is in Milpitas, $60/hr private, $30/hr semi-private.
argyll

Post by argyll »

Greetings Barry,

I live on your side of the tunnel. I'll send you an e-mail.

Best regards,

Argyll

Qui non est hodie cras minus aptus erit -- Ovid (He who is not prepared today will be less so tomorrow)