MATRIARCH Info

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mancer

MATRIARCH Info

Post by Mancer »

Hey pll, 1st post on this forum and will be purchasing my 1st spyderco soon enough, am a avid Gerber fan but am quite the helling at them l8tly since I purchased a blade to carry on me for self defence, the blades I got where the Gerber Guardian Backup and that sexy looking Mark II, both arrived blunt as ****, which Ive moaned about contantly to gerber, they good guys thou and are willing to sharpen it if I send it up to the USA(yeah right, cost me more for that than the blades) anyways to get to the point, Ive been going through the spyderco defence blades and came across a mean looking Civilian and Matriarch, just a question for those at Spyderco or those in the know since I cant find much info on the MATRIARCH online, what was the specific purpose for this blade?(and dont tell me self defence, i know that) I mean was it designed as a slasher to keep your attacker at bay?, not to seriously harm him? and secondly Ive read alot of posts complaining that only the police and so on can purchase these, Im wondering why one would even bother complaing about this, I live in this cr@phole called south africa where you risk your life crossing every street, even though I can get my hands on a Matriarch, at present Id much rather have its bigger badder bother, the Civilian.

Thanx plllllllllllllllllllllllllllll....

MaNcEr
Brian_Turner

Post by Brian_Turner »

The Civilian isn't much bigger and badder, it's just much more expensive. And that's where the problem comes in. An inexpensive knife with the Matriarch/Civilian profile would lend itself to being snatched up by a different class of user - more youngsters and street types. In those hands, you'd probably tend to see it popping up in police reports much more frequently.
Mancer

Post by Mancer »

Oh I see, didnt realise, thanx a ton for the reply.
Well Ive ordered my lill Matriarch, cant wait for it 2 arrive, its gonna go side by side with my Gerber Guardian Backup when Im down in this slummy hellhole in town.

Seeya l8tr

MaNcEr

It's Time To Kick @$$ 'N Chew Bubble Gum