Atlanta Blade Show !

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
StoneDog

Atlanta Blade Show !

Post by StoneDog »

Hello from Atlanta!!

I've been a member here for a very long time (limited poster though), and a fan of Spyderco even longer. I bought a partially serrated Delica with molded clip and G2(?) steel back in the late 90's and it's just snowballed from there.

I attended the show using the CAP pass along with my father and adult son - three generations of Spydiefans. Even managed to nab a picture with Eric in the afternoon. We were exhausted by the end of Day 1 and our wallets were definitely lighter.

We all took advantage of the show specials - my son and I picked up 15v Shamans and my father landed a 15v PM2. We were all excited to try out this steel and my dad especially since this was his first PM2. Unfortunately the PM2 went missing somewhere between the DLT booth and the center of the floor around 2:30ish Friday. This is a long shot, but if anyone here happened to find it and drop it in their bag, please PM me. I posted on Instagram as well but my IG clout is basically zero so no luck...

Thank you, Spyderco for the awesome show specials and Eric in particular for taking time out of the show to have a quick chat and photo with us.

A few of the things I picked up at the show:

wrdwrght

Re: Atlanta Blade Show !

Post by wrdwrght »

Sorry to hear your father lost his brand new 15V PM2.

Sorrier that I overlooked the context of your post. You may have the lowest ratio of forum posts to years on the forum.

And not a lot of members here can claim three-generations of a family that is devoted to Spyderco.

Maybe someone special will take note.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

Looks like a good haul. I see that you are a person of culture who appreciates a nice hand filling handle (that ESEE and the shaman both have great grips). Even better than the knives is that you got that bonding experience with your father and son. Thanks for sharing.

My sympathy to your father on the loss of his PM2. It's bad enough to lose a knife, even worse that he never even got a chance to use it. Hopefully something will turn up.
StoneDog

Post by StoneDog »

wrdwrght - with only 4 or five posts in almost 20 years I was a unsure about even posting here. There are some great people on the forum here and I've learned a lot over the years.

Notsurewhy - After a couple of decades of owning blocky, squared off handled knives I gravitate to the more sculpted and comfortable grips. I really wish the PM2 would get an upgrade to the Para 3's slightly rounded scales, for example.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Remember, StoneDog, even people with thousands of posts had four at one time. Post away. Sorry your Dad lost his knife.
Dnwrghtsr

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

StoneDog wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:27 am
wrdwrght - with only 4 or five posts in almost 20 years I was a unsure about even posting here. There are some great people on the forum here and I've learned a lot over the years.

Notsurewhy - After a couple of decades of owning blocky, squared off handled knives I gravitate to the more sculpted and comfortable grips. I really wish the PM2 would get an upgrade to the Para 3's slightly rounded scales, for example.
I’ll second that.
Lc200n, s90v, magnacut, 20v, 204p, cruwear, s110v, 15v, cts-xhp