Reveal 13 Live!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vivi

Re: Reveal 13 Live!

Post by vivi »

seems to be based on the price rather than the raw material expense.

Apples to oranges since its not truly DLC, but a satin Resilience vs a blacked out Resilience only has a $3 difference.
:unicorn
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

M4 Tenacious woulda been a game ender for me 10 years ago. I'll definitely pick one up.

Not sure I need another S2XL, but I'd be tempted if they do another MAP holiday like last year.

Finally a hat I would wear!

Probably pick up a Military2 second hand or when the 15v drops ;)

Really hope to see the PM2 LW and some NEW colabs soon :bug-red-white
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Very interested in the Spy27 UKPK. I'm also digging the LW Native Chief. Happy to see the fully serrated Military come back.
Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

Was hoping to see more Magnacut coming out. The only thing that really blows my skirt up is the Chief in SPY27, I'll probably have to get one of those.
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

Jeez Spyderco... I had my expenditures for the year all laid out.... then there's this reveal.... What's that old saying? Man plans and the universe laughs or some version thereof.
Monty

Post by Monty »

I'm happy to see several new options in SE but sadly there's nothing in the reveal I'll be chasing. Might finally be time to pony up for a Pochi to put on my desk.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Four Sprint Runs in Reveal 13 have been available since earlier this year and all 4 are currently in stock. They’re only sold directly by Spyderco either online or the Spyderco Factory Outlet (SFO) store.

1. Dragonfly2 Lightweight Super Blue/SUS410 Laminated Satin Blade Gray-Blue Zome FRN C28ZFGYBL2 Sprint Run (Japan) - JAN 2023
  2. Dragonfly2 Lightweight Super Blue/SUS410 Laminated Black TiCN Blade Gray-Blue Zome FRN C28ZFGYBLBK2 Sprint Run (Japan) - JAN 2023
  3. Delica4 Lightweight Super Blue/SUS410 Laminated Satin Blade Gray-Blue Zome FRN C11ZFGYBL Sprint Run (Japan) - MAR 2023
  4. Delica4 Lightweight Super Blue/SUS410 Laminated Black TiCN Blade Gray-Blue Zome FRN C11ZFGYBLBK Sprint Run (Japan) - MAR 2023
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
electro-static

Post by electro-static »

Native Chief LW on Spy27, fricking amazing
zuludelta

Post by zuludelta »

Really excited for the MicroJimbo. I'm a huge fan of the Yojimbo 2, so I'm definitely down for both the satin & DLC versions.

I'm also quite interested in the Tenacious in M4. I've always wanted to experience Spyderco's M4, and the Tenacious is as good a platform to try it as any.

The Native Chief Lightweight has me intrigued as well. I love the Native 5, but can't really justify the cost of getting the original Native Chief—I already have a Police 4 Lightweight filling the 4" backlock niche in my collection. But a fully serrated Native Chief Lightweight would offer something significantly different as far as cutting dynamics.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Nice reveal. I'm for:

• Native Chief LW in Spy27
• K294 Mule

The Magnacut Manix in my avatar was conspicuously absent, however.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
UkSpydie

Post by UkSpydie »

Love that they’re doing more steel options for the UKPK, but can we please get some different blade profiles as well? A UKPK Rescue one, or a warncliffe?
UKPK every day
Zipper

Post by Zipper »

Seems ‘blue’ has caught my attention. I have inbound a set of Lynch NW Service Blue titanium scales for a Delica. The Super Blue/SUS410 Delica blade would go well with it ….. love the idea of a Native Chief blue LW in Spy27 ….. incredible looking Stretch 2 XL Damascus steel and blue Nishijin glass fiber scales …… all this ‘blue’ is going to cause ‘red’ in my bank account!
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

One Micro Jimbo, perhaps when I actually get to SFO?
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Oh Come on!!! I just bought a subvert... If I Had known...

Combo edge native chief ltwt and military 2 are sweet.

Manbug leaf!
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

vivi wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 5:00 pm
I missed that the brown Tenacious was M4 at first.

I know it'll be very, very unlikely since it sells much lower volumes, but I'd dig a Resilience in that same configuration.

Yes, sadly I could imagine that the Tenacious handle is a bit small for your very large hands (for mine it is just fine, but not huge).

Cause in edge length it actually offers as much as a Pac Salt - a bit less by Spydercos specs though, but when I am comparing the edges of my two Tenacious` to my Enduras / Pac Salt it seems to be the same length

Anyway, I am glad that linerlock Spydies get upgraded versions. A good development in my book.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
kuxxxan

Post by kuxxxan »

Well, time flies and here is another Reveal

My thoughts on the reveal-

Excited to see Microjimbo! won't buy it as I don't have a use case, but appreciate the opportunity to have it in future
Very cool to see Military 2 especially with the combo/full SE edges.
Surprised to see Tenacious in M4, looks like a proper "answer" to the Chinese competitors
Super great to see Enuff2 k390 in full serrated version!
Native in full/combo edge is also very welcome, although can't say so for the bd1n steel

Even though I hoped to see some Magnacut Golden knifes like PM2 shown in Amsterdam earlier this year, but probably (and hopefully!) will come out in the next reveals

Thanks to the Spyderco team!
__
Magnacut & K390 for win
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Sweet spot is SPY27 and two Spyderco's I like ... UKPK and Native Chief for me!
So many knives - so little funds!!!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi UKSpydie,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Jdawson,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
sal

Post by sal »

Naperville wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:56 am
Wow! That is a lot of new Native Chiefs. I am very happy that this model is still being updated, thank you Sal!!!
:party-face
Hi Naperville,

Actually, Eric gets the credit for that one.

sal