2024 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
przemekspce

Re: 2024 Spyderco Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by przemekspce »

When I read about horizontal photos, I was pleased at first. 99% of my photos are taken this way. However, when I realized how difficult it would be for me to choose one of them, I began to be afraid :spiral-eyes Good luck everyone!
:bug-red-white Instagram: przemekspce :bug-red
RLR

Post by RLR »

My 2024 Calendar Entry. The Spyderco Hossom Woodlander. Every time someone sees it, they are amazed. The quality, ergonomics, and just plain "vibe" of this fixed blade is unmatched. Not enough people know about it. And the Logo placement ain’t bad for a promo pic like a calendar. So, here it is:
Spyderco_Hossom.jpg
embry386

Post by embry386 »

Hangin' out with my beloved Spyderco Amalgam on a 100F+ Arizona summer day. I no longer live at that house, but I still have the knife. A good knife, and lots of memories.

aprivetera

Post by aprivetera »

The Mule Team blades are a great way to learn about and get hands on experience with new steels. Sure it'd be more efficient to just use a hatchet, but trying to baton oak with a 3.5" AEB-L leaf blade teaches you about yourself as well as the quality and care Spyderco and collaborators put into their work.

:bug-red-white
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Forum Name: DutchBlades
Product Name: Spyderco Kopa 3 Flavor + Spyderco Kiwi Mother of Pearl & Abalone
SKU C92AWP + C75MOPA

I have always been a sucker for natural materials, and they really do shine in the Kopa and Kiwi line.
Getting your hands on these models requires patience and deep pockets these days, but nobody can dispute their beauty.
Keeping in line with their natural materials, I chose to take a picture on a trail I go to from time to time.
They seem right at home on the mossy carpets found there!
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

Third times the charm right? This year I went with the Enuff 2, an amazingly ergonomic knife with plenty of blade length for most tasks. The picture was taken on the shore of Presque Isle on Lake Superior in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It was the 4th year in a row I went to one of the Great Lakes with my dad. Only have one left to go so it might be Niagara falls next year!
20230614-134707_Z4VMBCe2.jpg

https://ibb.co/xjvLJrt
Wralle

Post by Wralle »

This year I want to showcase my Chaparral Stepped Ti (C152STI). Such a stunning knife! As a coffee lover what better way to make your knife showcase the contrast of the Stepped Scales than on dark full roast coffee beans. Hoping this photo can support world coffee day in the month of October :coffee

Matriarch 2, Manix 2 translucent blue, Manix 2 Carbon Fiber CPM154/S90V, Scorpious, PM2 S110V, Para 3 SPY27, Streetbeat FRN, Bug, Chaparral Rafir Noble, Chaparral Ti, Tenacious, Mule Team 21, Domino, Rhino, Spot, One Eyed Jack, Dogtag Ti, Native 5 Fluted CF, Amalgam, Coin 2017 :cool:
PStone

Post by PStone »

Model: C211TI Spydiechef

My entry this year is the Spydiechef. This photo was taken in my usual spot, the back step at work one morning as I was going in. It’s one of my favorite places to take a picture. The rusty diamond plate has become a common background in a lot of my pictures within the “What Spyderco is in your pocket?” thread. In fact this picture, though slightly altered here, has been posted there. I really want my entry to be one that I have posted before, and this one stands out as one of my all time faves (both picture and knife). Something about the rusty background surrounding and contrasting the dirty and used, yet corrosion free Spydiechef makes me love that knife even more. Fingers and toes crossed it’s calendar worthy!

I also want to send out a big ol’ THANK YOU to everyone here on the forum as well as all those at Spyderco who make this contest fun and successful each and every year! Kudos to you all and good luck everyone!
:bug-red
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Love, love that one man! Well done!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Looks to be a lot fewer entries at this point compared to most years. Could it be the format change?? I find horizontal to be harder to get good photos and less visually appealing, so I personally never really shoot that way. I've tried a few the past few weeks, they just don't work for me!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
bwl2021

Post by bwl2021 »

The combination of a toy car and a Spyderco "Roadie C189" with its modern pocket knife design spontaneously came to mind for a family-friendly calendar image. What you see has now become of it.

:smlling-eyes :bug-red-white
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:57 pm
Looks to be a lot fewer entries at this point compared to most years. Could it be the format change?? I find horizontal to be harder to get good photos and less visually appealing, so I personally never really shoot that way. I've tried a few the past few weeks, they just don't work for me!
Don’t give up buddy . I have slowly been forcing myself to shoot horizontal and yes it has been a struggle . Plus I separate the two formats to avoid confusion . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

This ended up being a tough year as I had it down to two very good pictures, at least I thought so. I had my favorite but both my boys, 10 and 15 picked the other one. So below is our submission as this has become a family activity at this point with my families help. It is a PM2 Cruwear user that I EDC. It was taken this spring in a tree that I usually pass while walking my dog, again everyone is involved in this contest now. On the good side I can submit the picture I liked a bit better next year. Hope you enjoy it, good luck to everyone and most of all thank you to Spyderco and staff for running this contest, win or lose, its a ton of fun.
Small - PM2 Calendar 2024.jpg
On a more technical side once I put my information in and uploaded my full size image I got the follow message:

"You have successfully uploaded 1 asset into Spyderco Marketing.
You can upload more above, orstart over."

I am guessing everything was fine but let me know if I should have seen something else. Thanks!
Last edited by WilliamMunny on Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:57 pm
I think a lot of people wait until the end of the contest. You get to "scout" the competition and the last ones posted are freshest in your memory. I don't know if it helps at all but it does not change what I am submitting so I just post it when I have time especially since I take pictures all year.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Looking at the generous winning prices this year, ill pass for a year since there is nothing there that can really turn on my interests. Ill rather see them go to people that do want them badly. So good luck folks! :smlling-eyes
wec12

Post by wec12 »

Forum Name: wec12
Model Name(s) Included in Your Image: Spyderco Mantra C202TIP

Spyderco Mantra is the model of choice. I wanted to emphasize the curves of the model. With the help of sparkler in the background, the contrast between the metal and the light highlights Spyderco ergonomics perfectly.
IMG_8122-2.jpg
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

wec12 wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:47 pm
Forum Name: wec12
Model Name(s) Included in Your Image: Spyderco Mantra C202TIP

Spyderco Mantra is the model of choice. I wanted to emphasize the curves of the model. With the help of sparkler in the background, the contrast between the metal and the light highlights Spyderco ergonomics perfectly.
I like it, but I can only imagine you rushing to light all the sparklers fast then get the the camera fast. Haha
wec12

Post by wec12 »

I like it, but I can only imagine you rushing to light all the sparklers fast then get the the camera fast. Haha
Thanks. Yes, and I was making a mess too, lol.
clinton1

Post by clinton1 »

Shaman S90v with Burlap Micarta. I liked this picture, as it features artwork from a local artist, and I felt that the holes in the metal complimented the SpidieHole nicely. The rust colors also accentuate the burlap material. I also love Burlap micarta handles, which Spyderco prominently features on this model. Thanks to the whole Spyderco group for this opportunity! You all are the best!
Attachments
20230701_174910.jpg
Punlor
Location: Hwanyod Village, 506/8 Moo 3, T.Kukoth, A.Lumlookka, Pathumthani,Thailand

Post by Punlor »

My "SS Teams"
Every day I have to use one of these knives. i love them
Because he helps me to do many things for me. ;)