CBN Bench Stone Mesh Values? Grit?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BeggarSo

CBN Bench Stone Mesh Values? Grit?

Post by BeggarSo »

I pulled the trigger today and ordered the double sided Spyderco CBN Bench stone from Knife Center. As I recall one side is 400 Mesh and the other side is 800 Mesh.

Which Mesh is used on the CBN Cat's-eye rods used on the Spyderco Gauntlet? I am familiar with these and love them.

I am guessing 800 Mesh could someone maybe from Spyderco offer an answer to this?

Thank you.
:bug-red-white Those who are wise sharpen their steel to it's chemistry not their beliefs. "BeggarSo" :fortune-cookie
Bemo

Re: CBN Bench Stone Mesh Values? Grit?

Post by Bemo »

BeggarSo

Post by BeggarSo »

Bemo wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:28 am
Answer is in the description: https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... stone/1901
Thanks Bemo that's where I recall reading it but what is the mesh of the CBN rods for the sharpmaker and the gauntlet guess I'll find out and post here when the bench stone arrives since no one from Spyderco cares to answer.

Not buying rods for the sharpmaker.
:bug-red-white Those who are wise sharpen their steel to it's chemistry not their beliefs. "BeggarSo" :fortune-cookie
N. Brian Huegel

Post by N. Brian Huegel »

Here's your answer: viewtopic.php?t=66087#p986858

Sorry Spyderco did not meet your expectations by answering your question more promptly. ;)

nb
BeggarSo

Post by BeggarSo »

N. Brian Huegel wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:27 am
Here's your answer: viewtopic.php?t=66087#p986858

Sorry Spyderco did not meet your expectations by answering your question more promptly. ;)

nb
Yeah me too it is not the first time the question has been posed. :yawn