Manix XL with a Bowie blade

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JoviAl

Re: Manix XL with a Bowie blade

Post by JoviAl »

Bolster wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:04 pm
JoviAl wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:51 pm
Bolster wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:25 pm
Give us a sketch or a mockup of what you're thinking...
😂 give me five minutes to finish eating this crayon and I’ll get started.

You shouldn't eat crayons raw. They're best melted into water (the brown ones at least) and then you have a nice cuppa coffee. Melt a white one in, if you like cream and sugar.

I like the bowie-blade-on-manix idea (and sketch!). More than one blade shape on one of Spyderco's most popular models makes sense to me. And the Bowie blade is a perpetual crowd pleaser.*

(*Even though what is known as the Bowie blade, is unlikely what Jim Bowie's famous Sandbar knife actually looked like.)
Your wisdom knows no bounds! I’m English so have a natural suspicion of any warm beverage that doesn’t come out of either a teabag or a Bovril tub, but I could get behind a nice tan crayon melted into a pot full of hot water with an amusing tea cosy on top. It would go beautifully with some chocolate Hobnobs made of play dough.

Regarding a Bowie Manix 2 xl I agree that it would be more aesthetically pleasing if the deployment hole could be integrated into a more authentic flat top. I’ve been eyeing the Respect Bowie covetously but I’d be in the same boat as Pete (of Cedric and Ada youtube fame) in that I’d have to “find” uses for it in my house or run the risk of getting arrested carrying it to work.
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

cjk wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:36 pm
Yeah, but just think of the odd places basing a knife on this might go:
JoviAl wrote:the 70’s through 2000’s legendary pop star).
I’d buy one just for posterity, especially if it had a big lightning bolt worked into its design. If I hadn’t already eaten all my crayons I’d be tempted to draw one out just for fun.
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JoviAl wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:41 pm
cjk wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:36 pm
Yeah, but just think of the odd places basing a knife on this might go:
JoviAl wrote:the 70’s through 2000’s legendary pop star).
I’d buy one just for posterity, especially if it had a big lightning bolt worked into its design. If I hadn’t already eaten all my crayons I’d be tempted to draw one out just for fun.
If it came with a lightning bolt , I would drive to Suffergate City just to buy one . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
mongo1958

Post by mongo1958 »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:54 am
Well if this can happen...

It could be possible if you hold your breath long enough.
:smiling-heart-eyes :smiling-heart-eyes :smiling-heart-eyes :smiling-heart-eyes :smiling-heart-eyes :smiling-heart-eyes :smiling-heart-eyes :smiling-heart-eyes :smiling-heart-eyes :smiling-heart-eyes :smiling-heart-eyes :smiling-heart-eyes
Mongo1958
****John3:16****
:bug-red-white Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? :bug-red-white
Para 3 Dark Blue G10 S110V (First Spyderco), PM2 Black G10 S45VN, Manix 2 LW Translucent Blue BD1N, Sage 5 LW S30V, Shaman G10 S30V, Tenacious C122BK SE LW, Native 5 LW SE S35VN, P4SE K390, Delica 4SE K390, Endela SE K390, Caribbean SE LC200N, Dragonfly 2 S30V (wife's first Spydie), Autonomy 2 Black LC200N DLC SE.