NKD: Sage 1 Maxamet

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jerome Howard

NKD: Sage 1 Maxamet

Post by Jerome Howard »

I got this today. A Sage 1 with Maxamet and gray G10.

I already have a Sage 5 Lightweight that I like and use a lot. This one takes it up a couple levels.

I love compression locks, but I also love a well done liner lock. This is a great liner lock. Solid lockup with a very nice sounding click. Rock solid. I like the look of the stainless liners against the gray G10.

Sharp? Are you kidding me? This is like a razor.I tried whittling on a hair from my head, and was able to make some curls. THAT is sharp. I shall see how long it can hold this edge.

Fit and finish are impeccable. Taichung did a really good job on this knife. If has a real feel of quality about it in the hand.

Impressive version of one of my favorite knives.

Last edited by Jerome Howard on Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerome Howard

Re: NKD: Sage 1 Maxamet

Post by Jerome Howard »

:cheap-sunglasses
Last edited by Jerome Howard on Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abbazaba

Re: NKD: Sage 1 Maxemet

Post by abbazaba »

It's such a good rerelease. So glad the Sage1 lives again. Also, maybe I'm boring but I think gray is my favorite G10 color.

Still hopeful that we see a Sage2 rerelease. I was lobbying for K390/10v, but the Magnacut Salt Sage2 idea is awesome.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

I have looked at this model and held it so many times. If it was in another steel I would probably snatch it up quick like. I love gray G10. The liner lock on this one is very very well done. Feels great in hand and opening and closing. Congrats on that one.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Jerome Howard

Post by Jerome Howard »

I know it easy to get caught up in the "My new knife is now my favorite" syndrome. But wow, this takes the Sage platform to new heights. They should do more of these, in different steels and colors of G10. Or maybe micarta. I'd grab them.
Albertaboyscott

Post by Albertaboyscott »

Congrats! I've been wanting one for a while. Beauty
Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

Had a Sage 1 Maxamet for a while. Very nice knife. Build quality was impeccable. The liner lock was well executed.
Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Your enthusiasm influenced my after work carry. I put a black DF2 clip on mine

Bemo

Post by Bemo »

Wandering_About wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:11 pm
Had a Sage 1 Maxamet for a while. Very nice knife. Build quality was impeccable. The liner lock was well executed.
Sums it up. I think my top 3 Spydies (subject to change mind you) is Native 5, Caly Jr., Sage. And this Sage might be the best iteration (although I haven't managed to get all the versions). Such an under represented design, just doesn't get the air time that others do.