Para 3 Lightweight - Rattle Noise? ***RESOLVED BY SPYDERCO CUSTOMER SERVICE***

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
The Mastiff

Re: Para 3 Lightweight - Rattle Noise?

Post by The Mastiff »

You bought a used knife and sent it in for warranty? No chance I'd feel right about doing that but glad it worked out for you.
Traditional.Sharpening

Re: Para 3 Lightweight - Rattle Noise?

Post by Traditional.Sharpening »

The Mastiff wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 4:09 pm
You bought a used knife and sent it in for warranty? No chance I'd feel right about doing that but glad it worked out for you.
If it was defective in the first place then I don't see what the issue is? Is there something in the warranty policy that references original owner only? Would you as a business owner want poor examples of your product exchanging hands indefinitely? Say I was to have simply sold the knife because I don't like it and the guy buying it from me finds it substandard.

Would he buy another Spyderco if it was his first? Would it be the be the right thing to do from my perspective to sell a knife to someone with a known issue (of which I truly understand nothing about what it may mean in the grand scheme of function to the design and could prove unsafe potentially)?? Does simply using a knife as the original owner void the warranty? Why need it it be any different for the next owner if the original decides it's not something they'll use?

In my view, companies need to stand behind their product no matter who is currently in possession. After all they are warrantying the product itself, which has nothing to do with who the owner is. Clearly Spyderco understands this and makes no mention that I can see in their written policy seeking to disapprove anything warranty related unless you are the current owner. I sent it in thinking I may get a note back saying the knife was abused and not covered and may have to pay some for repair or replacement and was actually shocked to find they sent a brand new knife back to me.