Production K390 Jester

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Enactive

Re: Production K390 Jester

Post by Enactive »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:59 pm
While we're throwing spaghetti at the wall, a Jester Blade Lil Native could have some potential. Ditch the thumb hole hump and keep it flat like the lil native and then have it dip into a generous Jester style thumb divot. Keep the saber grind and tip the same. Would be a little tank of a knife.

Some quick and dirty photo shop, I tried to keep it within the borders of the lil native blade so it should fit the handle, obviously they'd need to tweak it a little to find the optimal fit.
I don't mind what you call it. I would use one of these.
I'd be down for multiple K390 Jesters, but also really like your idea for an LN with Jester inspired blade.
Fine Swine

Post by Fine Swine »

I want a denim micarta Jester, and I don't really even care what steel they choose.
dsm

Post by dsm »

Yes, any Jester would be welcome in my collection, but especially a K390 variant.
bleasure

Post by bleasure »

yall goin wild
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
While we're throwing spaghetti at the wall, a Jester Blade Lil Native could have some potential. Ditch the thumb hole hump and keep it flat like the lil native and then have it dip into a generous Jester style thumb divot. Keep the saber grind and tip the same. Would be a little tank of a knife.

Some quick and dirty photo shop, I tried to keep it within the borders of the lil native blade so it should fit the handle, obviously they'd need to tweak it a little to find the optimal fit.
Make this in Backlock and take my money
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Any "affordable" way to buy a Jester in the EU would get my money !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Tristan_david2001

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

Micarta or stainless steel handle and I’d pick up one
:bug-red-white
Skar

Post by Skar »

ZrowsN1s wrote:

I like this n5 adaption.

I don’t have any interest in a key chain knife, all the power to you that like it though.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

sal wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:59 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:57 pm
Maybe it is already in the works
:shush

Though we wouldn't be able to add it as regular production, but it would make a nice Sprint for those that didn't get a chance to "taste" the design when they were out.

sal

Curious why??
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Any new Jester I am in for. K390, Cruwear, Crucarta, G10-Carta, H1 SE Salt, whatever.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I also wouldn't mind seeing a Jester in a Manbug handle.
olywa

Post by olywa »

+1 on the ManJester. In the meantime we can feast on the soon-to-be-released leaf blade Manbug.
CDEP

Post by CDEP »

A K390 Sprint followed by a DLC Cruwear OD Green DLT exclusive would be instant buys for me.
Brian
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

ZrowsN1s wrote:

I could not like this concept any more than I do. I can feel my thumb stretching out over that blade. Great idea, perfect for a small frame knife like the Lil Native so you can easily get your thumb or index finger on the forward spine-choil spot.

Only thing that could make this better for utility use might be to make it a wharncliffe, but this version would also be great for skinning.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I would like a slip joint similar to that, with a nice thin blade.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

ZrowsN1s wrote:

Remove that finger bump and make the handle a bit more neutral and you might have something.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
HolySteel

Post by HolySteel »

Fine Swine wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:37 pm
I want a denim micarta Jester, and I don't really even care what steel they choose.
I can't believe I am reading such blasphemy on this forum :') .

I got some denim micarta scales for a Mule, as 'pattern' scales. I would love them contoured, but not so much flat - it's like wrapping a knife handle in faded bluejeans.
austrian_spyder_fan

Post by austrian_spyder_fan »

I like this design.
Also the Jesterfly whould be a nice option.

ASF
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

austrian_spyder_fan wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:31 am
I like this design.
Also the Jesterfly whould be a nice option.

ASF
I've never been able to get the Jesterfly out of my mind since I saw the mock up. Getting a couple Jesters didn't help either. I'd take the Jesterfly over the Lil' Jester Native (hmmm in many Native American traditions, the Coyote is often referred to as a Jester....)
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Evil D wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:00 am
ZrowsN1s wrote:

I could not like this concept any more than I do. I can feel my thumb stretching out over that blade. Great idea, perfect for a small frame knife like the Lil Native so you can easily get your thumb or index finger on the forward spine-choil spot.

Only thing that could make this better for utility use might be to make it a wharncliffe, but this version would also be great for skinning.
A straight (or straighter) edge is a good idea. I tend to prefer them to the more curved skinner type blade shapes. As you say much more geared to utility 👍🏻
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal