OpFocus Factory Seconds Sale 2023

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
WilliamMunny

OpFocus Factory Seconds Sale 2023

Post by WilliamMunny »

Just posting from the Spyderco Factory Outlet Facebook site. Is this possible to also have online, even a few days later with items that did not sell? Send a link right before the online sale to only those eligible? Any which way thanks for doing these type of event, always amazing. I hope one day I can attend in person.

——————————————————————————————-

Save the Date! The OpFocus Factory Seconds Sale is your opportunity to purchase Spyderco Factory Seconds. Spyderco factory-second products are all fully functional items with minor blemishes. This Factory Seconds sale is for OpFocus qualified customers ONLY. Qualifying credentials will be required for entry.

*Correction to the image - The sale is Sunday, May 07, 2023*

Qualified Personnel: Active Duty Military, Military Veterans/Retirees, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders, and Medical Professionals
Last edited by WilliamMunny on Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
DavidNM

Re: OpFocus Factory Seconds Sale 2023

Post by DavidNM »

Thank you for the advance notice!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I’m not a fan of online seconds sales.

One of these years I’m going to find someone who needs a plus one for the OpFocus seconds sale and I’m going!!! My pitch will be, that I can guarantee them first/second place in line! They’ll have first pick of anything they want! ;) (unless it’s something that I want :winking-tongue, then the race is on)
-Nick :bug-red
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:47 am

One of these years I’m going to find someone who needs a plus one for the OpFocus seconds sale and I’m going!!! My pitch will be, that I can guarantee them first/second place in line! They’ll have first pick of anything they want! ;) (unless it’s something that I want :winking-tongue, then the race is on)
We would make a great pair then you could be my plus one, but my family would not be too pleased if I made the 2000 mile drive. I also used to live in MA near you but now stuck in the mid Atlantic for work.

I do agree it is pretty awesome for people to do it in person and is the first priority. But maybe knives that don’t sell plus a small hold back put online would be awesome.

1. Gives people in person a great event and first pick.

2. Allows people who can’t or it is not financially worth it a chance for seconds even if it’s the leftovers.

3. Helps Spyderco clean out seconds inventory that did not sell at the in person event.

But maybe I am just biased. Either way it’s amazing Spyderco does this.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

Just curious if this sale differs from the regular seconds sale in November (apart from only being open to OpFocus members)? Are the number and types of knives for sale similar to the November seconds sale?
Skar

Post by Skar »

I would be interested in online offerings.
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

Wright.88 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:41 pm
Just curious if this sale differs from the regular seconds sale in November (apart from only being open to OpFocus members)? Are the number and types of knives for sale similar to the November seconds sale?
No, there are fewer tables set up. The type of merchandise is exactly the same. And naturally, the crowd is smaller.
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

I would love an on line sale
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
olditguy

Post by olditguy »

I'm in.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Mushroom wrote:
Neither am I.
That really isn't a big sell. Last year I drove up on Friday and was first in line. I was the only one there overnight. The OpFocus Sale isn't the big party the November Sale is. The crowd is much smaller, the stock was better organized (at least initially). Overall it is much more relaxed.

Edit: Getting old. I drove up Saturday, the Sale was on Sunday. I was the only overnighter, first in line, and felt a tiny bit foolish, but I didn't have anything else to do that weekend.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

yablanowitz wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:19 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Neither am I.
That really isn't a big sell. Last year I drove up on Friday and was first in line. I was the only one there overnight. The OpFocus Sale isn't the big party the November Sale is. The crowd is much smaller, the stock was better organized (at least initially). Overall it is much more relaxed.

Edit: Getting old. I drove up Saturday, the Sale was on Sunday. I was the only overnighter, first in line, and felt a tiny bit foolish, but I didn't have anything else to do that weekend.
Hey, Yab, did you overnight on site?

I ask because a 60-day drive from New Hampshire to/through/from the Southwest in our campervan can put us in Golden on the appointed day, or the night before.

Imagine the glee of that coincidence for this OpFocus beneficiary!

Never been to SFO before. I’d be so pleased to meet a Glesser.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

wrdwrght wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:29 am
yablanowitz wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Neither am I.

I ask because a 60-day drive from New Hampshire to/through/from the Southwest in our campervan can put us in Golden on the appointed day, or the night before.

Yep, sat by the door for a while, got bored when no one else showed up and slept in my car. But in all the Seconds Sales I've been to, I have yet to see any of the Glessers there.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

yablanowitz wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:26 pm
wrdwrght wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:29 am
yablanowitz wrote:

Yep, sat by the door for a while, got bored when no one else showed up and slept in my car. But in all the Seconds Sales I've been to, I have yet to see any of the Glessers there.
Thanks. Maybe our paths, yours and mine if not the Glessers, will cross?
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Possible. I haven't decided yet if I'm going this year, but I'll be wearing my Bug if I go.