Spyderco Military 4V DLC St. Nick's Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dnwrghtsr

Re: Spyderco Military 4V DLC St. Nick's Exclusive

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:49 pm
I just pulled mine out of the mailbox. My first Millie and it's great but the size is exactly what I expected and the reason why I haven't bought one until now. It's a little bigger than I normally carry. I thought the same about the Native Chief and Manix 2 XL and they've grown on me. I'm sure the Millie will too
I don’t think the military or native chief are bad in the pocket. The Manix xl feels huge.
Lc200n, s90v, magnacut, 20v, 204p, cruwear, s110v, 15v, cts-xhp
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Mines a perfect specimen… or near perfect. Very good F&F
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
jdw

Post by jdw »

I received mine today as well and I couldn’t be happier. It’s very solid, with smooth action and an excellent grind. Well done Spyderco and St Nick’s.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
dan31

Post by dan31 »

My goodness, that’s one **** of a cutting tool. My 4V Mille is a fine piece. Well done to the knife makers at Golden!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Dnwrghtsr wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:43 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:49 pm
I just pulled mine out of the mailbox. My first Millie and it's great but the size is exactly what I expected and the reason why I haven't bought one until now. It's a little bigger than I normally carry. I thought the same about the Native Chief and Manix 2 XL and they've grown on me. I'm sure the Millie will too
I don’t think the military or native chief are bad in the pocket. The Manix xl feels huge.
I have no problem with how much room they occupy in my pocket. The Manix 2 and Manix 2 XL are no problem. Knives with 3" blades are what I consider optimal for my needs. So I think you can understand what I mean when I say the Military is a little bigger than what I prefer

The Military is exactly as expected and everything it's been hyped up to be. It's a fantastic design and I'm glad I finally get to experience one. Having the SNK 4V version is icing on the cake
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
thuyenbuom

Post by thuyenbuom »

Just got it today in the US Mail...Super fast shipping from St. Nick's Knives:>) This knife is a perfect fit for my XXL hands. There is a visually stunning contrast between the black blade & red G-10 handle...that needs to be seen in-person to really be appreciated. I look forward to using the CPM-4V steel!!!
Necromonger: What do you think of this blade?
Riddick: I think it is a half gram heavy on the back end.

The Chronicles of Riddick - Blade Scene
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

I got mine today and let me tell you this knife is perfection. I cant find a single flaw in it. No blade play either way, detent is good, blade grind looks the same on both sides, lock up is early (left side of lock bar is even with edge of blade tang) so plenty of room for wear, and its super sharp!

Out of box the pivot had a little "dry" feeling, but after 30-50 openings its a lot smoother. I didnt oil the pivot yet, but I did wipe the blade down with alcohol and rub it with mineral oil.

The colors are great and Im glad to have this as my first Military!

Im a right hand tip up guy and like the blade against my pocket seam to keep from opening, so the clip position is the only thing Im wondering about.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Congrats! The Rex45 Military filled my one Millie need, I highly suggest trying right back pocket carry, just make sure not to shred the seam when retrieving! The Millie is special...
So it goes.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Got busy at work and missed the drop :(

Looks like this is a great iteration! I will have to enjoy the model vicariously through you all.. bring on the pics!
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

Got mine! Color seems more of a deep red like the Jester. The Chief was the anomaly of the family — it’s closer to a true red. Slight side to side play was easily fixed with a turn of the pivot screw.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Ooooooo yea, that's the good stuff!

15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
do335

Post by do335 »

Really liking this one, a definite winner.
Attachments
38FDAB96-692B-41BA-9AB3-90269433CE85.jpeg
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Hopsbreath wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:02 pm
Got mine! Color seems more of a deep red like the Jester. The Chief was the anomaly of the family — it’s closer to a true red. Slight side to side play was easily fixed with a turn of the pivot screw.

Man I really should have got one of the Chiefs. I don't even remember why I didn't.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

I didn't buy one of the Chiefs either, bud. I'm kicking myself for it now, but oh well.
--Jeremy
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

Oh no, I need to avert my eyes from the images in this thread.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Same here on the Chief. It was right after some large purchases and I couldn't justify it. Hated missing it. One thing I hate about exclusives. Pulling the trigger on a new model not knowing what is around the corner can be dicey.

Interesting enough, as much as the chief is a lot of what I want out of a folder I end up carrying a Military more often. Go figure.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

prndltech wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:09 pm
Same! My first thought was - wow, they really got this one perfect! Blade is dead center, no wiggle, no detent slop, detent is strong and crisp, blade action is very smooth, lockup is perfect with no blade play at all. Well done, Spyderco! :bug-red
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

The Meat man wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:21 pm
prndltech wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:09 pm
Same! My first thought was - wow, they really got this one perfect! Blade is dead center, no wiggle, no detent slop, detent is strong and crisp, blade action is very smooth, lockup is perfect with no blade play at all. Well done, Spyderco! :bug-red
That’s how mine is, and just how my all black s30v one is.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

JSumm wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:48 pm
Interesting enough, as much as the chief is a lot of what I want out of a folder I end up carrying a Military more often. Go figure.
This is exactly how I feel too. As much as I like the Chief's thinner blade stock and the overall profile of the blade right down to where the tip naturally points with it in hand, the truth is that the handle doesn't sit right in my hands. The Military's handle has that nice palm swell that doesn't force your fingers to one side or another, and the negative blade angle is just perfect for how I hold and use a knife in most situations that call for one.

I think the Rex45 Millie will always be my favorite, but lately I've been rocking a BM mini presidio 2, and this 4V kicked it right out of my pocket.
--Jeremy
Brown_Recluse

Post by Brown_Recluse »

Fireman wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:10 pm
I will get one just to swap the scales for an all black model with the 4V
i did this with a DLC'd S90V PM2 blade that was a distrubutor exclusive but it had teal scales. I'm an S90V simp and anything S90V I gotta get but teal..... not my style. so i put the S90V blade with the black scales, liners/comp lock and hardware that came with the CQI'd DLC S45VN PM2. it's a bad@$$ knife both in looks and performance
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN