** 15v PM2 Alert Thread **

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Buddafucco

** 15v PM2 Alert Thread **

Post by Buddafucco »

Time for another round of Spyderco's BBB 15v! :party-face

This is the thread for In Stock alert posts.
I would never tell anybody what to do but, maybe we can keep other comments and discussion in the CPM 15V PM2 thread here... viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94072
I personally don't mind the "Out Of Stock" comments because I don't like the though of someone frantically trying to get to something that isn't there anymore.

For anybody that doesn't know about Sprint Run drops...
Usually Sprint Runs will initially get shipped to all the dealers in the Premier program. This initial Premier shipment consists of the Collectors Club knives as well as a handful of knives to each Premier dealer. These usually sell out fast because of the low quantity initially available.
Spyderco will then start shipping larger quantities of the Sprint Run to all the dealers that get Sprint Runs. Some dealers will hang on to their initial handful until their larger order comes in.
From my observation, the time between Spyderco shipping the first one and most all of the dealers getting them up for sale is usually a couple months. It may be a little shorter or a little longer, depending on the size of the run. Nobody knows the size of the run or the shipping logistics except Spyderco. Sometimes we get word of how large the run is, but not usually.
Moral of the story is... If you're persistent and patient you will likely score one. These aren't going to be all gone in a week.

This **Alert Thread** is going to be a valuable resource for many. I'm going to do my best to help keep an eye out and so will a lot of others.
For anybody not aware, I myself am subscribed to this thread and so are many other people around here. Every post sends a notification. Even the posts that are not "alerts." Kinda like somebody ringing the dinner bell and finding out dinner isn't ready. I've never had a dinner bell but I would imagine it would be cruel to ring it unnecessarily.
*Here is an excellent post by Matt (ZrowsN1s) about setting up alert notifications... viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93404&p=1680497&hil ... e#p1680497
If any of the above is wrong, I'd love to be corrected.
Happy hunting! :respect
:eyes
•• Beau
Buddafucco

Re: ** 15v PM2 Alert Thread **

Post by Buddafucco »

Edit: Its now saying out of stock on the thumb nail page... Possibly not there anymore?

G&R Tactical... https://www.gandrtactical.com/Spyderco- ... _3385.html

Edit: Out of stock
Last edited by Buddafucco on Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
•• Beau
Ricey_9

Post by Ricey_9 »

Snagged one ty very much
:bug-red-white
para3 lw spy27
Para 2 dlt cruwear
Para 3 maxamet
Manix 2 rec cts204p
Shaman knife joker cruwear
Lil native knife joy s45vn
Pm2 15v
Native 5 lw Magnacut
Knife joy Manix 2 20cv
Soulrack

Post by Soulrack »

kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Soulrack wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:41 am
Knife works has them. https://knifeworks.com/spyderco-para-mi ... 81gbn15v2/
OOS
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
salimoneus

Post by salimoneus »

Note: I think this is just the beginning of a few early drops of a very small handful some dealers are getting in, the bigger drops are a bit farther out. So if you see any vendor with stock and quickly sell out in the next couple weeks, it's likely those initial very small drops, and don't necessarily count them out just yet.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

I'm not posting the link because they are not on the Dealer Locator List and the negative reviews might be justified. They are a real dealer and you should get a knife, if they don't over sell. And it's also possible a Collectors Club knife might ship. But... Knife Outlet shows In Stock. Good luck. :-||
Last edited by Buddafucco on Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
•• Beau
omgabunny

Post by omgabunny »

Buddafucco wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:13 pm
I'm not posting the link because they are not on the Dealer Locator List and the negative reviews might be justified. They are a real dealer and you should get a knife, if they don't over sell. And it's also possible a Collectors Club knife might ship. But... Knife Outlet shows In Stock. Good luck. :-||
Yeah not worth the risk for me. Anyone use them?
salimoneus

Post by salimoneus »

Buddafucco wrote:

Yea he had/has a single (1) collector's edition, not quite sure how he's going to reconcile having only one on hand with the 50 orders he's probably about to/already got, but I guess we'll see. And clearly they have no live inventory system linked to the store website, it looks like it would let you order 100.
valboosky

Post by valboosky »

salimoneus wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:40 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
Hope I won’t have to fight to get my money back then…

Yea he had/has a single (1) collector's edition, not quite sure how he's going to reconcile having only one on hand with the 50 orders he's probably about to/already got, but I guess we'll see. And clearly they have no live inventory system linked to the store website, it looks like it would let you order 100.
chuckscorp

Post by chuckscorp »

Wouldn’t these that are dropping now be the initial 5 sprints supplied to dealers before their allotment/order? Collector clubs were out last week so then would drop the initial 5 if the dealer hasn’t already pre sold them.
gioistired

Post by gioistired »

kruder

Post by kruder »

Is it possible the drop will begin late evening?
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear chuckscorp, gioistired, valboosky, omgabunny, and kruder:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

Just like the last alert thread.....too much mindless chatter clogging up the alert thread. People just don't get it......
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Bluemoon69 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:27 am
Available at https://www.tactical-store.com
https://www.tactical-store.com/ts-9q-kn-786ty.html

Looks a lot like Campsaver etc, that ship from a separate fulfillment warehouse.
infinkc

Post by infinkc »

Bluemoon69 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:27 am
Available at https://www.tactical-store.com
only see the manix
Toddm

Post by Toddm »

abbazaba wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:39 pm
https://www.tactical-store.com/ts-9q-kn-786ty.html
Looks a lot like Campsaver etc, that ship from a separate fulfillment warehouse.
Tactical-Store is Optics Planet with a slightly different look and evidently higher prices it would seem. Both show 9 models in stock, exact same models (maxamet, cruwear, 110 etc.) and same roll down interface for models, same estimated delivery time if you check availability, but Optics Planet is cheaper prices.
gioistired

Post by gioistired »

Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

FWIW beware Optics Planet. They are known for over promising and underdelivering.