DLT Cruwear Endela

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
prndltech

Re: DLT Cruwear Endela

Post by prndltech »

Filoso- wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:11 am
One is coming to Spain…. I hope there will be an Endura someday…
We all do!
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

this knife is really tempting me, but ultimately, the endela makes me just want other knives more. i'd rather have a delica or an endura than the endela. and if i wanted something more comparable in size, i'd rather have a completely different design like the rockjumper, leafjumper, or stretch. i think it's just a strange in-between place that could be really necessary for some people for legal reasons, but otherwise, i'd rather have almost any other seki knife than the in-between model. i do like the less pronounced finger bumps though.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
z1r

Post by z1r »

ladybug93 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:28 am
this knife is really tempting me, but ultimately, the endela makes me just want other knives more. i'd rather have a delica or an endura than the endela. and if i wanted something more comparable in size, i'd rather have a completely different design like the rockjumper, leafjumper, or stretch. i think it's just a strange in-between place that could be really necessary for some people for legal reasons, but otherwise, i'd rather have almost any other seki knife than the in-between model. i do like the less pronounced finger bumps though.
For me it is quite the opposite, since I tend to carry two knives, the Delica is too small and the Endura too large (for legal reasons). This the Endela is the perfect Seki knife for MY needs. When I don't carry an Endela, the PM2 gets the nod. I can see how for many the Stretch 2 would be an equivalent and often better option for them but oddly, not for me. The Stretch2 XL, wow, but that's one I can't often carry, sadly!
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Already got the shipping notification. DLT is the bomb!
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
z1r

Post by z1r »

prndltech wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:20 pm
Already got the shipping notification. DLT is the bomb!
Yup!
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

z1r wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:07 pm
ladybug93 wrote:
For me it is quite the opposite, since I tend to carry two knives, the Delica is too small and the Endura too large (for legal reasons). This the Endela is the perfect Seki knife for MY needs. When I don't carry an Endela, the PM2 gets the nod. I can see how for many the Stretch 2 would be an equivalent and often better option for them but oddly, not for me. The Stretch2 XL, wow, but that's one I can't often carry, sadly!
i get that. i think it was a good idea for a lot of people, especially for legal reasons. it's just not for me. i'm holding out for an endura, stretch, or stretch xl.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
z1r

Post by z1r »

ladybug93 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:56 pm
z1r wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:07 pm
ladybug93 wrote:
i get that. i think it was a good idea for a lot of people, especially for legal reasons. it's just not for me. i'm holding out for an endura, stretch, or stretch xl.
This is why I appreciate the myriad choices we have! There is what's best for you, and what's best for me, but no one size fits all solution. We are very fortunate to have so many great options. But it does kinda suck when something really kool is offered in a platform that may not suit one's needs. That said, I'm dying for a CruWear LW Stretch 2 XL! The G10 version is really nice, really really, but both pricer and heavier than I prefer.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Seems like there are a bunch holding out for a Cruwear Endura. I've been trying to talk Spyderco into making one since before the first Cruwear Spyderco. I still want one but I'm not waiting. I'll still buy one if it comes out while I'm still alive but in the mean time I ordered an Endela to use while waiting.

:)
R100

Post by R100 »

There are work situations where the Endela is a pretty good option within this family. The Delica is a bit too small for my work uses and is, to me, an extremely ugly knife. The Endura is a bit shocking to some when I have to work in more civilized areas but the Endela just makes the same people a bit uncomfortable. It is a little less blade than I prefer but still quite capable. I definitely think it has it's place.

I also think this is a great version. I have come to really like Cruwear and I like these colours.

DLT came through with extremely prompt shipping and there is one on it's way to Australia. It'll be a month or so before I see it though :(

Dan
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Just ordered one.

I love it when I don't have to stay up until 1 a.m. to get in on a drop.

Like Dan though, it will be about a month before it reaches the Philippines.
z1r

Post by z1r »

I do have one question, anyone know what the blade is actually coated in/with? Description just says: "Black Coated"
Bub360

Post by Bub360 »

TiCN – Titanium Carbon Nitride
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

My most favorite Spydie ever probably still isthe Endura and I prefer it over the Endela, but for folks who are content with the edge length of the Endela (just a bit less than a PM2) it is the better choice imo.

A more compact carry, a slightly more handfilling handle still long enough I dare to say for even huge paws, and to me the Endela has the most harmonic / best proportioned looks between it and Delica/Endurs
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:05 am
My most favorite Spydie ever probably still isthe Endura and I prefer it over the Endela, but for folks who are content with the edge length of the Endela (just a bit less than a PM2) it is the better choice imo.

A more compact carry, a slightly more handfilling handle still long enough I dare to say for even huge paws, and to me the Endela has the most harmonic / best proportioned looks between it and Delica/Endurs

Good summary. The Endura is more blade than I need 99% of the time. Heck, the Endela is more than I need 98% of the time, which is why I carry the Delica Wharncliffe almost exclusively when I wear shorts. I carry the Endela when I wear pants as I notice the increase in weight/height less in pants than in shorts. The Endela is my favorite model of the three and like you said, the best proportioned and best hand filling design for me.

If I could only have one knife though, it would be a "DelDela" Wharnie. It would be about halfway between the Delica and Endela size-wise, with Endela like proportions. So sacrificing a tiny bit of blade length of the Endela for something a little lighter and more compact in my shorts pockets, but a longer blade length than the Delica, which on that rare occasion can come in handy.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Chief

Post by Chief »

I haven't bought a new knife in a few years, but always wanted to try the Endela.

This popped into my mailbox the other day and I pulled out the credit card.

Looking forward to trying this out.
z1r

Post by z1r »

Bub360 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:35 pm
TiCN – Titanium Carbon Nitride
Thanks. I'm surprised that tidbit wasn't included.
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Chief wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:08 pm
I haven't bought a new knife in a few years, but…
Umm… what?

This is a knife forum, right?

is this allowed here?

:winking-tongue
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Just got mine in. It's my first Endela and I like it. I can carry it without any problems and it's close enough to Endura size where it doesn't cause the problems I have with Delicas.

It's good fit & finish and I for sure don't see any lesser quality issues like I have read about for Seki knives over the last couple of years. I do like Seki lockbacks.The edge is excellent too. This one is a keeper and user 100%.

Joe
buckleys

Post by buckleys »

Pics look nice, hope they do a Stretch 2 Version someday. That first Finger groove on the Delica/Endela/Endura doesn't agree with my hands.
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

The Mastiff wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:02 pm
Just got mine in. It's my first Endela and I like it. I can carry it without any problems and it's close enough to Endura size where it doesn't cause the problems I have with Delicas.

It's good fit & finish and I for sure don't see any lesser quality issues like I have read about for Seki knives over the last couple of years. I do like Seki lockbacks.The edge is excellent too. This one is a keeper and user 100%.

Joe
Good to hear!
Here's to hoping it's got better edge retention than the dark-ish grey handled Cruwear Delica I bought some years ago now.
I am a fan of the Endela. I like the looks of this one a lot, and am looking forward to getting it in hand, carrying & using it.
Mine (according to USPS shipping) was "expected delivery" today, 25 February; but only made it to Maryland by today. I'll get it either Monday or Tuesday then - no big deal - and looking forward to it.

u.w.