Super Blue Dragonfly Initial Impressions

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Manifestgtr

Super Blue Dragonfly Initial Impressions

Post by Manifestgtr »

The super blue DF2 landed. It was a natural buy for me. I love the dragonfly, I’d yet to own a laminated Spyderco, I hadn’t owned a zome model yet and most importantly, it’s the first super blue I’ve ever encountered. The gray is a little lighter in shade than I was expecting and the the markings look really cool. Definitely a nice surprise out of the gate.
53E7E58F-B959-43A6-97F4-34AC77AE03B3.jpeg
The factory edge felt nice but I always put my own edge on a new knife immediately out of box. Started with a 1200 diamond bench stone and finished it on a ceramic ultra fine with 4 micron diamond spray. After a 2 micron strop, it was already well past hair whittling so there was no need to go any further…
2FF5EB35-3CD1-4E25-B5C4-1FA76694DCC7.jpeg
I can see why super blue is considered a sharpener’s steel. It takes an incredible edge with no protest whatsoever. I’m looking forward to carrying this in the city with the rest of my 2.5” stuff and seeing how it stacks up.
Crucarta: Shaman (x2), Manix 2, Lil Native, Delica, GB2 & PM2
Notable: 52100 and Cruwear Millie. “15v-arta” Shaman. REC Manix. K-carta Endura, P4, Dragonfly and Delica.
Favorites: Shaman, Sage 5 lightweight, Sheeps Caribbean, Manix, Endela and all things Stretch