Can I has: MAGNACUT PARA 3 LW.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Araignee

Re: Can I has: MAGNACUT PARA 3 LW.

Post by Araignee »

Ramonade wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:40 am
I had a deal for just a Para 3 LW blade and liner. But the guy wasn't ok with getting a normal amount of money for it. Otherwise it would have been worth it to buy the scales ! I think you'd have to count around 100€ total for the Ti LW scales.
Cheers frère 👍 I guess a 20 € duty stamp wouldn't be that bad, all things considered. Still painful, zo...

It's a pity you couldn't get the blade & liners deal, that sure would have been ideal for whoever intends to install custom scales from the get go.
sethwm wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:15 am
Will you start a new forum thread when you get some experience/photos with these?
I support this proposal, am interested as well ☝
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Araignee wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:16 pm
Ramonade wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:40 am
I had a deal for just a Para 3 LW blade and liner. But the guy wasn't ok with getting a normal amount of money for it. Otherwise it would have been worth it to buy the scales ! I think you'd have to count around 100€ total for the Ti LW scales.
Cheers frère 👍 I guess a 20 € duty stamp wouldn't be that bad, all things considered. Still painful, zo...

It's a pity you couldn't get the blade & liners deal, that sure would have been ideal for whoever intends to install custom scales from the get go.
It is ! I posted an annouce on le bon coin, asking for Spydercos with broken handles, blades that were used as screwdrivers or things like that ! The guy asked if had LW scales for him, I told him no but directed him to heinnie's. too expensive for him but he wouldn't let a BD1N blade go for what I thought was a very fair offer. Weird reaction when he can't do anything with it and won't choose the repair option I proposed him :thinking
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

ladybug93 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:36 pm
i don't know. i remember thinking once the p3lw was released that a salt was a natural progression and would soon follow. it didn't happen.

Well the question I still have is, will they go all in with everything they make in MagnaCut and make them true Salt models, or will there be knives with the blade steel and standard hardware that isn't Salt rated? I'm expecting the latter, but it would be pretty cool to see a lot of models get the Salt treatment that have never got it, and even without the accompanying hardware it will be a close compromise. Then you'll just have to keep the hardware and liners from rusting.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:22 am
ladybug93 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:36 pm
i don't know. i remember thinking once the p3lw was released that a salt was a natural progression and would soon follow. it didn't happen.

Well the question I still have is, will they go all in with everything they make in MagnaCut and make them true Salt models, or will there be knives with the blade steel and standard hardware that isn't Salt rated? I'm expecting the latter, but it would be pretty cool to see a lot of models get the Salt treatment that have never got it, and even without the accompanying hardware it will be a close compromise. Then you'll just have to keep the hardware and liners from rusting.
as i'm sure you're well aware, i'm really looking forward to the manix lw salt, but i'd still love a magnacut manix with liners and g10 that isn't considered a salt knife. i think that would probably create more problems for spyderco though. once a steel is designated as a salt steel, i doubt they'll put it in a non-salt model where people might experience corrosion and complain because they don't know what they're doing.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
BeggarSo

Post by BeggarSo »

Foehammer wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:36 am
Yes you may ‘has’ it! After we get g10 models, of course. 😉
In fully serrated and PE :bug-red-white
:bug-red-white Those who are wise sharpen their steel to it's chemistry not their beliefs. "BeggarSo" :fortune-cookie
Araignee

Post by Araignee »

Ramonade wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:31 pm
It is ! I posted an annouce on le bon coin, asking for Spydercos with broken handles, blades that were used as screwdrivers or things like that ! The guy asked if had LW scales for him, I told him no but directed him to heinnie's. too expensive for him but he wouldn't let a BD1N blade go for what I thought was a very fair offer. Weird reaction when he can't do anything with it and won't choose the repair option I proposed him :thinking
Perhaps he's planning on making/printing some custom scales instead 💡

More hassle than buying ready-made scales (in titanium and outside the UE, at that) but much cheaper. Also potentially more fun.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Araignee wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:46 pm

Perhaps he's planning on making/printing some custom scales instead 💡

More hassle than buying ready-made scales (in titanium and outside the UE, at that) but much cheaper. Also potentially more fun.
I'm gonna close this out of topic discussion on that but... Nah, he didn't look like he knew much about knife repair or customization ;)
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Spyderco.com... https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... -reg-/2483

Edit: Out of stock for now
Last edited by Buddafucco on Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
•• Beau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

This is going to make someone I know very happy !!🤪 Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

!!!!!!!!!
MRj “Weak things break!”
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Red Hill Cutlery (not the fastest)... https://redhillcutlery.com/product/spyd ... lt-para-3/

Edit: Out of stock
Last edited by Buddafucco on Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

KnifeWorks... https://knifeworks.com/spyderco-para-mi ... t-c223pyl/

Edit: Out of stock for now
Last edited by Buddafucco on Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
•• Beau
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

Gtscotty wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:07 pm
If the pair of these I ordered work out like I hope they do, there will be more P3 LWs in my future, definitely including a MagnaCut.

https://heinnie.com/titech-titanium-sca ... ghtweight/
Are these and the AWT scales the only options for the Para 3 LWT? I like AWT but not the "skinny" pattern.

https://appliedweaponstech.com/products ... s-cerakote
- Richard
Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

riclaw wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:44 am
Gtscotty wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:07 pm
If the pair of these I ordered work out like I hope they do, there will be more P3 LWs in my future, definitely including a MagnaCut.

https://heinnie.com/titech-titanium-sca ... ghtweight/
Are these and the AWT scales the only options for the Para 3 LWT? I like AWT but not the "skinny" pattern.

https://appliedweaponstech.com/products ... s-cerakote
Don't know, but the fit on the TI scales I got have never been quite right. Some dimension is very minutely off, and I either get blade play or a an overly tight blade. Would not recommend.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

American Edge... https://www.americanedgeknives.com/spyd ... e-c223pyl/

Edit: Doesn't add to cart
Edit x2: Out of stock
Last edited by Buddafucco on Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Last edited by Buddafucco on Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
•• Beau