Grind Trends

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
WyoJon

Grind Trends

Post by WyoJon »

I recently got back into spydercos last year after realising one day while driving for work I live rather near the factory. Used to be really into spydercos in college, which transitioned into benchmades after college. I picked up the catalog at the western stock show last year, and keep it on the coffee table, occasionally reading it. I feel like back then, a lot more of the knives such as manix were seen in sabre grind, with the full flat grinds being seen in more commonly in sprint runs. Ive noticed now, the sabre grind us rather rare in the catalog. There is not currently a sabre grind variant of the manix 2 listed. I had originally turned away from spyderco after daily carrying a sabre grind manix 2. I hated that thick blade. I switched out my full flat ground benchmade in a cpm steel for a full flat ground endura in vg10 last year, and could not be more happy after a year. Has anyone else noticed this trend for ffg? Years ago it seemed like Sal thought the spyder edge would be the edge to win them all. I have fond memories of a serrated atlantic salt I carried after college for a while pinch cutting 1/2" nylon rope effortlessly 🥺. I have a new tasman 2 salt in serrated edge coming in Monday, I am sure that will not disappoint me. Seems the serrated edges also fell off in favor a bit as well