Blade type what you like?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: Blade type what you like?

Post by Wartstein »

Foehammer wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:10 am
Wartstein wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:56 am
Foehammer wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:54 am

Whenever you're ready: You won't go wrong with Carribean, Endela, Stretch XL SE for example...
Nice knives indeed! I was thinking of getting a pm2, simply because I’m so used to that platform I could compare it with what I’m used to in PE. Are the serrations on the pm2 inferior to those models you listed?

Sorry, but I can't help you with that: Like you I own and tried the PM2 only in PE.
In depictions though the pattern of the serrated PM2 teeth look quite nice.

With the three above mentioned models I just know that the serrations work great for what I am looking for (to be precise: I have Stretch XL and Endela SE (and some more models in SE or CE), never tried the Carribean SE though.
But from the discussions here and especially Davids (Evil D) reports I am 100% certain that it has amazing serrations, most likely even the best out of those three models).
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Plain edge for me as well, but my stance on full serrated has improved based on the posts from Evil D, Vivi, and others.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

There is a reason my C44 Dyad keeps finding its way back into my pocket. One full SE, one full PE makes it the perfect combo edge. But to be honest, most of my cutting gets done with plain edge blades.
billdoier72

Post by billdoier72 »

PE for me.

Each to their own but I personally can't stand SE pocket knives.
Delica 4 VG10 - Dragonfly 2 K390 Warnnie - Chaparral CTS-XHP - Native 5 M4/Rex/45/4v - Para 3 CTS-BD1/Maaxamet/4V/20CV - Lil Native - Cruwear - Sage 5 S30V - Jester 4V
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

I'm probably the only one here but I'm in the part serrated corner especially in larger knives like the Stretch 2 XL or the Autonomy 2.

I think if I was forced to pick just one all the way I'd have to lean serrated but really I like them all.
404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.
horzuff

Post by horzuff »

I'm an all PE kinda guy, but never had the pleasure to use a full SE knife. However I'm 100% sure I hate combo edges. The serrated part is too short to be useful and it makes the plain part harder to use...

I need to find a knife I like enough and that's inexpensive enough to want two pieces of it both in PE and SE. Not yet though
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Well, take a look at my signature, it might give you a hint which edge type I prefer... ;)

(... the PE outlier?: Well I really like the Manix 2 LW, and it just does not come in SE. Plus REX45 is probably my favorite steel. Just enough "excuses" for PE ;) )
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)