15V Shaman!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpiderIsland

Re: 15V Shaman!

Post by SpiderIsland »

Congrats to the lucky few!
Can I ask the price direct from SFO as they list for $387 on spyderco.com
Also, Is there a different link for the SFO or just the spyderco.com?
Last edited by SpiderIsland on Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dog spelled backwards is…
TheGiant80

Post by TheGiant80 »

After currency conversion, my local retailer will be selling this knife for $293 USD. A bit too pricey for me, but I hope everyone who wants/can afford one makes it happen!
harpo1

Post by harpo1 »

SpiderIsland wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:35 am
Congrats to the lucky few!
Can I ask the price direct from SFO as they list for $387 on spyderco.com
Also, Is there a different link for the SFO or just the spyderco.com?
That is there online store and the price you see is the price. However, if you happen to live near them the price in their outlet stores is cheaper.
Edit: Spyderco uses MSRP on their site. Retailers use MAP pricing which is 70% of MSRP.
--Pete
SpiderIsland

Post by SpiderIsland »

harpo1 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:52 am
That is there online store and the price you see is the price. However, if you happen to live near them the price in their outlet stores is cheaper.
Edit: Spyderco uses MSRP on their site. Retailers use MAP pricing which is 70% of MSRP.
[/quote]

Thanks harpo1 - I have a 20% coupon for Spyderco, but for now still waiting to get it from a retail site to get the best deal :smlling-eyes
Toddm

Post by Toddm »

Probably more than I'd spend but Sooner State Knives has one listed on Amazon at $368
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Jeez at least wait until they're sold out before you start gouging.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Harkwit

Post by Harkwit »

Toddm wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:07 pm
Probably more than I'd spend but Sooner State Knives has one listed on Amazon at $368
Just FYI; I've asked Sooner State about this and he says he charges more on Amazon because of their fees. If you call/order direct from his website, you can usually get a cheaper price from him.
Toddm

Post by Toddm »

Oh yeah, you can pretty much figure on a site like Amazon/Ebay you are going to lose 20% of your selling price in fees.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Toddm wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:40 am
Oh yeah, you can pretty much figure on a site like Amazon/Ebay you are going to lose 20% of your selling price in fees.
Thanks for the Cutleryshoppe alert in the alert thread. Managed to snag one on my way out the door to work. Wooo. Got my shipping notice already.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
Brant

Post by Brant »

I got one thru Cutlery Shoppe too. Was driving and had to quick pullover without clipping another car, then fat fingered my zip code on the order. It’s all good, corrected and shipped now! Whew!
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Ah Spyderco, you almost got me with this model, but I resisted. I think my one and only 15V model will be BBB's own folder which should also have the proper geometry to make the steel perform best. :bug-red-white
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Well I hadn't planned on getting one of these, was on the fence about it but was on Facebook and KnifeCenter had a story saying it was in stock so I took a chance and I THINK I got an order in, or at least I got an order number but my card hasn't been charged yet so I'm waiting for the follow up email telling me they screwed up lol.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Barmoley

Post by Barmoley »

Are you guys still getting notifications from the alert thread? I don't seem to get them anymore.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Barmoley wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:19 pm
Are you guys still getting notifications from the alert thread? I don't seem to get them anymore.
I just 10 in a row
MRj “Weak things break!”
VA.koi guy

Post by VA.koi guy »

Alerts seem to be intermittent. Got the "KSF sent an email" notification but the KSF site never listed the Shaman and then oos. No timely notification for the Knife Center drop as well. I'm going to keep trying, but it seems weird.
Not complaining, just wondering if something is happening for others. Last week I was thinking it was just the first knives in low quantities. But Cutlery shoppe was the same notification wise, never even saw it.
MRoboto

Post by MRoboto »

Got the email from knifeshipfree, finally snagged one!! Was so happy, had to register just to share 😜
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Barmoley wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:19 pm
Try unsubing/resubing to the alert thread, and re-submitting your email info notification preferences on your forum profile page. I was having late/no notifications and that seemed to fix it. Right after that I got the Cutleryshoppe notification in a timely manner and was able to score one. Then thankfully got to turn my notifications off.

SpiderIsland

Post by SpiderIsland »

Boy do I dislike the KSF search function. I put in the data and it brings back 275 results most of which have nothing to do with Shaman or Spyderco !

Anyone else have this experience?
Lucid9110

Post by Lucid9110 »

The guy posted in the alert thread "KSF just sent email . MG2 - It a long story trust me . MG2" didn't even bother to edit this response to OOS. The KSF email went out at 12:04 PDT, and lasted 3 mins before sold out. Hopefully the KC one doesn't get cancelled.
VA.koi guy

Post by VA.koi guy »

As an older guy, I really appreciate the tech support and guidance offered in this forum. The collective effort helps sell Sprint's and exclusives to end users and I wouldn't have much of a collection without the good folks here.!
And, I'd probably still think that it was just my poor computer skills. LoL