15V Shaman!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
resonanzmacher

Re: 15V Shaman!

Post by resonanzmacher »

The custom HT must have been a home run, which even considering the source isn't a given going from a custom shop to a production one. The Para 2 isn't as surprising as the Shaman. Lotta steel there. They must really have it dialed in to go this quickly from one model to several.

Or is 15V a lot more forgiving than I'm thinking it is?
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

resonanzmacher wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:11 am
The custom HT must have been a home run, which even considering the source isn't a given going from a custom shop to a production one. The Para 2 isn't as surprising as the Shaman. Lotta steel there. They must really have it dialed in to go this quickly from one model to several.

Per Sal it is easier to work with than Maxamet. Maxamet has a tendency to warp.

This Shaman looks awesome, if it wasn’t for the fact I have the Maxim 15V and the cost I would be all over the Shaman.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

resonanzmacher wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:11 am

This was a unique project; I was given the autonomy and authority to specially select the melt and also directly translate the heat treatment with the heat treatment crew at Spyderco versus just giving them a "cooking recipe" so, samples were shipped back and forth, and there was lots of conversation and testing to get it as close as possible to what I do in my shop.

I feel this project was very special and unique, thats not usually how things are done.
Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

The Shaman with its thicker stock and stouter tip will add some strength to this hard steel. I will have one if I can get one before it hits Ebay at double the price. Bravo BBB and Spyderco
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

How much will BBB charge to customize these with his regrind?
jbirdforest

Post by jbirdforest »

Is there anyway to know if this version of the Shaman will be available through Spyderco's website for purchase? I am a wildland firefighter and have been holding out for something like this with high edge retention for my use in the forest. I have a cruwear PM2, but this seems like it would suit my needs much better. Sometimes we spike out for several days and are gone for weeks and 15v seems like a better choice due to edge retention.
jbirdforest

Post by jbirdforest »

Will the Shaman ever be available for sale on Spyderco or only through another distributor? The native chief sprints are on the website. It sounded like from the shot show interview that these could become part of Spyderco's regular line-up.
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

This and the PM2 are up on the REC website, Coming Soon. REC is teasing the release on Facebook.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
PromoFLB

Post by PromoFLB »

We gonna have an alert thread for the 15v knives or did the previous alert thread blow it?
resonanzmacher

Post by resonanzmacher »

PromoFLB wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:38 pm
We gonna have an alert thread for the 15v knives or did the previous alert thread blow it?
If the same people are just going to see it as an exercise in asserting their sense of personal sovereignty and not being told what to do by anyone ever, and that's all way more important than keeping the channel clear of chatter in order to help others in the community do a task they're trying to do? Then I'm not sure it's going to be anything more than another source of friction.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I was thinking about another alert thread. But the last one caused me to add people to my ignore list for the first time in my 7 years of being here. I suppose I will.

*alright, 15V alert thread is live. Good luck everyone.
Last edited by ZrowsN1s on Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:45 am
I was thinking about another alert thread. But the last one caused me to add people to my ignore list for the first time in my 7 years of being here. I suppose I will.
Best of luck brother! Yeaaaa, I definitely started looking at a few people differently during that disaster of an alert thread for the Manix. Can't wait to see how quickly it gets blown up with "I had it in my cart, then it sold out when I was entering my info!" :straight-face
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:51 am
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Best of luck brother! Can't wait to see how quickly it gets blown up with "I had it in my cart, then it sold out when I was entering my info!" :straight-face
:beaming-face
Probably. But there's no penalty for optimism, so I'll try it out.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:53 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:51 am
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Best of luck brother! Can't wait to see how quickly it gets blown up with "I had it in my cart, then it sold out when I was entering my info!" :straight-face
:beaming-face
Probably. But there's no penalty for optimism, so I'll try it out.
🤣🤣
MRj “Weak things break!”
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

ZrowsN1s wrote:

*alright, 15V alert thread is live. Good luck everyone.
Almost one hour in and no comments, so far so good.
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

When release?
electro-static

Post by electro-static »

An Alerts thread has started already. I’m sitting this one out, But can’t help but be curious about how these will sell.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Here's a link to the alert thread in case it get buried while we wait for the first of them to trickle out.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94272

Also posted the link on the first page of this thread.

MightyQ

Post by MightyQ »

Signed up for the alerts! Thanks for the thread
msum

Post by msum »

Yes, thanks for organising the Alerts thread. Guess we’ll see how it turns out…