Reveal 12 Live!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: Reveal 12 Live!

Post by Wartstein »

anycal wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:37 am
That Enuff 2 is very appealing. Especially with the K390. Preorder placed. I guess this shall be my first :bug-red-white fixed blade.

I trust those scales are removable and not pinned?

I had an Enuff: Scales were screwed and so removable, don't think this will change with the "2".

But if it comes to ergos: For me no need to switch to different scales, the Enuff feels great in hand as it is!!

Still: Of course something like Micarta might be nice or you're just thinking about being able to check that K390 under the scales or rust.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

How often do people really need a backup? Or is it to allow them to not pocket princess a knife and have 1 they can?
I genuinely buy backups to replace users but all of my knives are users, and I work outdoors using knives all day for my profession. Rather frustratingly all of my favourite work knives are sprints, so once they’re worn out they’re not easily replaced. I hope this year will be a good one for sprints - I would be so pleased to pick up a few new Millie 2 in 4V, k390 or Magnacut. If it could be a tanto blade then I really would buy the limit - they’re the most fantastic tools.
Last edited by JoviAl on Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
electro-static

Post by electro-static »

Jurmuscle wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:20 am
electro-static wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:50 am
nerdlock wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:02 pm
Geometry wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:28 am
I just really want to play with some 15v, since some of Shawn's videos got me hyped on high performance steels and edge geometry in the first place back in the day. His logo on the blade is so rad for Spyderco to do.

That being said, the scramble for sprint runs is hectic and stressful and usually unless something is decently available I try to forget about it. And I already have enough pm2s and one shaman, which is really too thick in the edge for me.

If they would make 15v a production steel like they did with maxamet that would be a sweet thing for us nerds.

I have yet to own and carry a native 5, that would be my buy in 15v if they did it in the brown g10, I don't care for frn haha.

Took the words out of my mouth. I respect BBB very much as a knifemaker and steel connoisseur, and believe me, aside from Sal and Larrin, BBB is one of the gentlemen that has educated me a lot with regards to edge geometry, carbides, sharpening, and other esoteric knowledge on metallurgy. It would be an honor to own one of his 15v heat treated pieces.

But to be honest, the way sprint runs work especially for this steel really burnt out a lot of knife afis who just wanted to try how 15v performs. It's really not fun chasing around for the umpteenth time only to see the next dealer sell out in a few minutes or less. Plus with how this knife is being hyped on social media especially Facebook groups, you're competing with literal hordes of people who want this knife just so they can flaunt and post on Facebook and IG.

I can only imagine how much drama, anxiety and stress the Shaman and PM2 sprint drops will bring.

Before I sound like complaining, I know how the sprints and exclusives game work for many years now. And for every knife drop there will be a lot of whining and crying. It's pretty much a cycle.Just putting it out there that these 15v sprints are going to bring out the worst in people, and I won't be actively chasing these ones out. I'll probably try for the Shaman and Mule, but that's about it, unless a 15v Lil Native comes along.
I got a manix on the first day by pure luck, but was unable to nab a second one as a backup. But looking forward to the mule though, I would like the steel in a nice fixed blade. Here’s to hoping that 15V becomes a regular production steel, and that BBB collaborates more with spyderco in the future to fine tune HTs for other steels as well. I am
super stoked just to own a piece of BBB’s handiwork.
How often do people really need a backup? Or is it to allow them to not pocket princess a knife and have 1 they can?
I wanted a spare so I could use the first one hard to see it’s capabilities, and not be so sad if I broke it.
Danke

Post by Danke »

People grabbing "spares" are part of the problem.

If you do wear out or break a knife there will be something new and exciting to replace it with in the future.
Jurmuscle

Post by Jurmuscle »

electro-static wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:52 pm
Jurmuscle wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:20 am
electro-static wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:50 am
nerdlock wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:02 pm

Took the words out of my mouth. I respect BBB very much as a knifemaker and steel connoisseur, and believe me, aside from Sal and Larrin, BBB is one of the gentlemen that has educated me a lot with regards to edge geometry, carbides, sharpening, and other esoteric knowledge on metallurgy. It would be an honor to own one of his 15v heat treated pieces.

But to be honest, the way sprint runs work especially for this steel really burnt out a lot of knife afis who just wanted to try how 15v performs. It's really not fun chasing around for the umpteenth time only to see the next dealer sell out in a few minutes or less. Plus with how this knife is being hyped on social media especially Facebook groups, you're competing with literal hordes of people who want this knife just so they can flaunt and post on Facebook and IG.

I can only imagine how much drama, anxiety and stress the Shaman and PM2 sprint drops will bring.

Before I sound like complaining, I know how the sprints and exclusives game work for many years now. And for every knife drop there will be a lot of whining and crying. It's pretty much a cycle.Just putting it out there that these 15v sprints are going to bring out the worst in people, and I won't be actively chasing these ones out. I'll probably try for the Shaman and Mule, but that's about it, unless a 15v Lil Native comes along.
I got a manix on the first day by pure luck, but was unable to nab a second one as a backup. But looking forward to the mule though, I would like the steel in a nice fixed blade. Here’s to hoping that 15V becomes a regular production steel, and that BBB collaborates more with spyderco in the future to fine tune HTs for other steels as well. I am
super stoked just to own a piece of BBB’s handiwork.
I wanted a spare so I could use the first one hard to see it’s capabilities, and not be so sad if I broke it.
Literally as I hit send, I realized I lost my knife. Luckily someone found and gave back after I asked them.
:usflag :bug-red :bug-white-red :usflag
If we spent as much time trying as we do doubting, we might have already accomplished it.

-Tom
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

The preorder price for the K390 Enuff2 is $224 at KnifeCenter.
•• Beau
electro-static

Post by electro-static »

Buddafucco wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:15 am
The preorder price for the K390 Enuff2 is $224 at KnifeCenter.
Well I missed my chance to get one at a good price. Oh well.
ekastanis

Post by ekastanis »

I wonder why KC lists MSRP as 320, does that mean there was an error in the reveal price guide? Spyderco.com still shows MSRP at 240.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

ekastanis wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:15 pm
I wonder why KC lists MSRP as 320, does that mean there was an error in the reveal price guide? Spyderco.com still shows MSRP at 240.

I’m sure Spyderco will correct the MSRP of Enuff2 K390 this week or next. There’s no way Enuff2 K390 is priced the same as Enuff2 VG-10.

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Araignee

Post by Araignee »

I read the comments under this year's SHOT Show videos, and it's nice to see that people are enthusastic about a kitchenware Spyderco for once 🙂
Laphroaig9

Post by Laphroaig9 »

varossdg wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:54 am
Am I the only one excited about the orvis shirts? :rofl
That's what I was most excited about, but was going to admit in public that it was the ENUF 2 in K390!

AND THEN, ORVIS came out with two shades of Goat Suede shirts! $100 off from $325!!! 🥰🥰🥰
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

varossdg wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:54 am
Am I the only one excited about the orvis shirts? :rofl

No, I eagerly await them showing up on the Spyderco website. Truth is, those and the Counter Critters are about the only things in Reveal 12 that I'm interested in.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

RamZar wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:50 pm
ekastanis wrote:

I’m sure Spyderco will correct the MSRP of Enuff2 K390 this week or next. There’s no way Enuff2 K390 is priced the same as Enuff2 VG-10.

Our apologies, there was a typo in the system, which led to a typo online and in the price guide. We've updated everything this morning. Thank you for understanding!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

RamZar wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:50 pm
ekastanis wrote:

Yep, now the K390 Enuff is listed with 320 USD (instead of 240 before)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

The MSRP on Enuff2 K390 is now good to go.

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
rgc

Post by rgc »

RamZar wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:11 pm
Well, technically it was good to go at $240 but I am still in now.
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

rgc wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:59 pm
RamZar wrote:
Blade HQ still lists it at $168, and they just reopened their pre-order list. Don't know if they will ultimately honor that price but might be worth jumping on if you are interested.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco- ... de--179358
MNOSD member 0030
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:03 pm
rgc wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:59 pm
RamZar wrote:
Blade HQ still lists it at $168, and they just reopened their pre-order list. Don't know if they will ultimately honor that price but might be worth jumping on if you are interested.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco- ... de--179358
We're alerting wholesale customers to the mistake as well, so I would anticipate that will change. I hope everyone understands it was an honest mistake and won't hold dealers accountable for something beyond their control.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Danke wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:06 pm
People grabbing "spares" are part of the problem.

If you do wear out or break a knife there will be something new and exciting to replace it with in the future.
Maybe so, but I was sure glad I bought an extra S90V/CF Military when I wore out the first one.
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

Thanks for the updates on the Enuff 2.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool: