Which other Spydercos give you tip access like the Manix?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vivi

Re: Which other Spydercos give you tip access like the Manix?

Post by vivi »

apollo wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:37 am
benben wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:26 am
apollo wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:00 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:42 pm
The Manix is a genius design, especially the light weight (but this needs a backlock!). It gives a lot of control and a lot of cutting power.
The Manix is indeed a genius design.
To mather if its the g10 or the LW.
( Personally i find the g10 is far superior in build quality especially when also taking in account the prices )
For me personally the Manix family outclasses even the oh so prayed up on pm2 for day to day use.
Count in that the knife is far more amidextrous then the military family and you can only call it a master piece.
100% agree with everything written here!
Thx benben! You helped make my day. :grin-big eyes
Now let us hope that Eric doesnt keep al the 15V's under his own Christmas tree... :squinting-tongue
personally i hope they run 15v in both sizes, but I'm happy with my 4V XL either way.
:unicorn
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Caly 3.5 was a neg blade angle demon, low key
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

What we really NEED is a back lock G10 and Light Weight (especially) with the same blade stock as the current M2. I could get rid of everything else for these. Linerless, of course.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:23 am
What we really NEED is a back lock G10 and Light Weight (especially) with the same blade stock as the current M2. I could get rid of everything else for these. Linerless, of course.
So many others and myself tried to get the backlock back so many times. Maybe if you could get JD to praise it we could have a chance but otherwise Sal does not listen to us on that subject.
And we all remember that backlock they brought back that was not a succes because it was not wat people where asking for… ( I still do not want that one anywhere near my collection )
So Not to be pessimistic here but the words Manix and back lock probably makes people in spyderco shiver of fear… :zany
Last edited by apollo on Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
apollo

Post by apollo »

vivi wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:01 am
apollo wrote:
benben wrote:
apollo wrote:

( Personally i find the g10 is far superior in build quality especially when also taking in account the prices )
For me personally the Manix family outclasses even the oh so prayed up on pm2 for day to day use.
Count in that the knife is far more amidextrous then the military family and you can only call it a master piece.
Now let us hope that Eric doesnt keep al the 15V's under his own Christmas tree... :squinting-tongue
personally i hope they run 15v in both sizes, but I'm happy with my 4V XL either way.
I would love a 15 v XL! And glad for you buddy i am still hoping on a regular in house sprint for the XL and i fear it will be awhile if it even ever comes to pass.
apollo

Post by apollo »

benben wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:45 am
apollo wrote:
benben wrote:
apollo wrote:

You're welcome sir!
I'll throw a Christmas wish out there.....I'd love to see the Manix 2 (or the XL) in a fixed blade! Same blade shape, same size (maybe an inch longer) in a great workhorse tool steel. G-10 or Micarta, doesn't matter! I'd definitely buy one or two.
Never a fan of fixed blade because of where i live but that one would be enough to get me to buy one.
Also on my wishlist would be an XL in house sprint and to see that Ti framelock Manix from the spyderco meet 2016 get in to production. I held that thing and it was amazing!
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Someone posted this in the Leafjumper thread, and man I’ve got to say: this might be the best answer to my question I’ve seen yet. I hope the handle is big enough for me.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.